• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Vincent Janssen

An old git like me, moving to next door yes is unsettling ;), but these 'young' footballers globetrot on a very regular bases. Yes to some extent there is a settling period country wise. What is more relevant is the difference in the leagues.

Its both and they should be taken into account when a player from abroad first moves here, sadly to say there are some fans who fail to see ( or understand) this.

Its both and they should be taken into account when a player from abroad first moves here, sadly to say there are some fans who fail to see ( or understand) this.

I can understand a little but from Holland to London not so much. The dutch speak english 'betterer' than we do!
But the league is the deal breaker for Vincent. Lets get behind him and hope he gets his first league on Saturday.

When I was Janssen's age I moved to the US for a couple of years which wasn't easy at first. 'Culture Shock' is a legitimate psychological challenge for any young person who moves to a new country whatever the distance, whatever you're paid, or whether the language is different or not.

For some the transition is going to take longer than others, and that's where the club needs to have processes in place to help these players get over it asap. Footballers are at their best when they're relaxed.

Personally, having seen Lamela and then Son I don't expect any of our new players to have an impact within the first 6 months anymore.

Disagree, Dier said it because it is true. And if you ask anyone who has moved to another country they would say ( in most cases) they found the same thing.

Ha, ha. Reminds me of this. Insert star strikers name. " He was attracted to the bright lights of the capital, but just couldn't settle. He's really a home town boy, y'know and he missed 'aven' he's mate over for a night on the X Box and 'aven a laugh and all and now knows he's big money move was a mistake."
'

Best performance for us today. Thought he did well against Liverpool given that he had no support til Lamela came on and was much better today. Was pleasing to see him rolling his man - he had a shot in the last 10 mins which went narrowly wide after taking it into his body, rolling around the CB a bit and shooting. He also ran on to the ball in a couple second half counter attacks as well - we need him playing more facing the opponents goal.

Still badly need Kane back though, in order to take the pressure off him

He had a solid game today
Shame the 3 behind him were gash and we take so long to get the ball in
He would thrive off some decent balls into space but instead we play it backwards and forwards

Agreed except for Dele, who I thought worked really really hard to have a positive effect on the game.

Agreed except for Dele, who I thought worked really really hard to have a positive effect on the game.

Dele isn't really creative though, or you wouldn't say that his natural strength, and by creative I mean someone who knits play together, plays through balls etc. He has more instinctive creativity. We need Lamela and Eriksen alongside him to bring that more conventional creativity, or preferably someone of a higher standard to them

Dele isn't really creative though, or you wouldn't say that his natural strength, and by creative I mean someone who knits play together, plays through balls etc. He has more instinctive creativity. We need Lamela and Eriksen alongside him to bring that more conventional creativity, or preferably someone of a higher standard to them

Dele is a class apart from any of today's attackers.
If we don't start giving him the success his talent craves, he will be moving on and IMHO sooner than we think.

Likewise Harry, Hugo and Toby.
Pochettino has a tough job ahead of him. Remember this is still the team that beat City:) but that is history, now we must up our game.

As posted elsewhere. Credit where its due, he ran his socks off today, unlucky not to come away with a hat-trick. So unlucky with the free-kick and I am convinced we should have had at least one more penalty

why did poch take him off?

If you're talking about Alli rather than Janssen, I've noticed that Poch often takes players off in the final 10 mins if he's going to use them to start in a game in 3-4 days time. I guess its because after 80 mins you are fatigued and then your level of tiredness drops off quicker in the final minutes because you're already tired

Back