• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Victimpool FC - Klopp leaving, grown men crying

As someone whose seen Swansea play quite a few times here and when Rodgers was in charge over the last few years,is that the style of play players will need to buy into,i can clearly see that an AVB/Chelsea scenario will be played out up in liverpool in the first few months,the press will report a fall out ,players maybe on the way out,the usual talksport brick that they will spout out,about clashes etc,personally i think he'll do ok but like i said he will need be given time,swansea have played the way they do for years even before he came so to put his ideas across to a side that haven't played that way will take time.

I have to agree with this. It will take time to change their playing style and I don't think a lot of the playing staff Liverpool have at the club will suit this style. I can see a few casualties.

In my opinion there wasn't actually a whole lot wrong with Liverpool, especially towards the end of the season. That might sound a bit strange but I think the only thing missing in most matches I saw was that they didn't put the ball in the back of the net. They were making the chances but choking in front of goal on a regular basis.

(PS. Lay off the commas before it's too late. Full stops will save your life!! :))

I wonder if we should just have a thread designated to "other teams discussion" or something along those lines

‏@SkySports two hours ago: Our sources understand Liverpool are stalling on the compensation fee Swansea are demanding for manager Brendan Rodgers.

‏@SkySports now: Sky sources: Liverpool agree compensation fee with Swansea for Brendan Rodgers and three of his backroom staff.

Who needs ITKs eh?

I have to agree with this. It will take time to change their playing style and I don't think a lot of the playing staff Liverpool have at the club will suit this style. I can see a few casualties.

In my opinion there wasn't actually a whole lot wrong with Liverpool, especially towards the end of the season. That might sound a bit strange but I think the only thing missing in most matches I saw was that they didn't put the ball in the back of the net. They were making the chances but choking in front of goal on a regular basis.

(PS. Lay off the commas before it's too late. Full stops will save your life!! :))

Feck my english grammar has gone to pot in the last few weeks,sorry,its all the Harry baiting on the other thread,I've put my thoughts too,also I'm doing this in work and I'm getting constantly interrupted all the time,I apologise!!!

Bring back the midweek and weekend games thread, Crawley decided to can it, still cant work out why

thats ok for football, matches, but not for in depth chat about clubs....Mumorn is right, an "other teams discussion" thread would be a good idea

So Martinez insisted that he wanted to be the sole man in charge, no DoF or interference....FSG said thanks, but no thanks

Rodgers insists that he wants to be the sole man in charge, no DoF or interference.....FSG say fine by us Brendan, you are the man

these people havent got a scooby

Well, it all depends on the measurement guide you use.

- Is Liverpool a really dire/brick team = no
- Proper management, some real tactics, a few players in/out and they would have a top 6 comfortable side
- Are they anywhere near being a challenger? = absolutely not

If things look to go as expected, the top 3 are going to be a lock out (with the two Manchesters and Cheat$ki spending boatloads), so effectively it's us and the Scum fighting for 4th again (which both of us are now accustomed to being in that mix for the last 3-4 seasons).

If Pool's criteria for success with Rodgers is must deliver a top 4 place and must be challenging for the title, then it's just a road to failure.

Well, it all depends on the measurement guide you use.

- Is Liverpool a really dire/brick team = no
- Proper management, some real tactics, a few players in/out and they would have a top 6 comfortable side
- Are they anywhere near being a challenger? = absolutely not

If things look to go as expected, the top 3 are going to be a lock out (with the two Manchesters and Cheat$ki spending boatloads), so effectively it's us and the Scum fighting for 4th again (which both of us are now accustomed to being in that mix for the last 3-4 seasons).

If Pool's criteria for success with Rodgers is must deliver a top 4 place and must be challenging for the title, then it's just a road to failure.

Right. I guess I meant that they are not that far off us as people would have you believe. Their finishing was beyond appalling and that's really what let them down. If they had of been even a little more clinical at finishing their chances they might have been competing for that 4th spot too. But this time out I literally have no idea how it will go with a new manager, style, etc. I agree that the top 3 slots look nailed on for the cheats and Utd.

I'm sure that the Liverpool hierarchy are pragmatic enough to realise that a title is well beyond their reach as of now, and probably top 3 too. It's just the delusional fans that make their voice heard loudest. I'm pretty sure though that 4th spot is listed as one of Rodgers target's though.

Last edited:
Right. I guess I meant that they are not that far off us as people would have you believe. Their finishing was beyond appalling and that's really what let them down. If they had of been even a little more clinical at finishing their chances they might have been competing for that 4th spot too. But this time out I literally have no idea how it will go with a new manager, style, etc. I agree that the top 3 slots look nailed on for the cheats and Utd.

I'm sure that the Liverpool hierarchy are pragmatic enough to realise that a title is well beyond their reach as of now, and probably top 3 too. It's just the delusional fans that make their voice heard loudest. I'm pretty sure though that the last 4th spot is listed as one of Rodgers target's though.

just think if they buy lets say Sigurdsson, Affelay, and Ba for a combined 20 mill pounds and add them to what they have already, it wouldnt take much for them to find another 20 points or so and compete for 4th place. They were unlucky as well as poor last year, im not sure it will be the same next season

Not sure about this talk of them being unlucky and if things went their way they'd be in the mix for 4th. If decisions went our way that should have done then we'd have been clear 3rd and probably closer to 1st, that's not including shots that hit the post or blatant misses that with a bit of luck could have gone in. No doubt the Goons could probably point to similar hard luck in front of goal (don't remember them having too many decisions go against them this year though).

My point being that everyone can point to hard luck stories, you can't equal out the luck for Liverpool but not the teams around them.

Not sure about this talk of them being unlucky and if things went their way they'd be in the mix for 4th. If decisions went our way that should have done then we'd have been clear 3rd and probably closer to 1st, that's not including shots that hit the post or blatant misses that with a bit of luck could have gone in. No doubt the Goons could probably point to similar hard luck in front of goal (don't remember them having too many decisions go against them this year though).

My point being that everyone can point to hard luck stories, you can't equal out the luck for Liverpool but not the teams around them.

I'm not saying they were unlucky per se but that their finishing was awful, and that's the main reason they were not closer. I believe the chance conversion ratio stats back that up.

Table adjusted for wrong decisions. Bad luck you just have to live with.

Code:
Team	P	W	D	L	F	A	GD	PTS
Man Utd	38	31	2	5	92	33	59	95
Emirates Marketing Project	38	28	6	4	100	29	71	90
Tottenham	38	22	8	8	68	41	27	74
Arsenal	38	21	10	7	80	45	35	73
Chelsea	38	21	7	10	71	46	25	70
Liverpool	38	18	9	11	60	39	21	63
Everton	38	16	10	12	54	41	13	58
Saudi Sportswashing Machine	38	16	7	15	55	57	-2	55
Norwich	38	13	12	13	55	67	-12	51
Fulham	38	12	13	13	49	53	-4	49
Sunderland	38	13	9	16	48	48	0	48
Swansea	38	11	13	14	46	54	-8	46
West Brom	38	11	10	17	52	55	-3	43
Wigan	38	10	11	17	42	63	-21	41
Blackburn	38	9	11	18	52	78	-26	38
Aston Villa	38	8	12	18	39	59	-20	36
Bolton	38	10	6	22	44	79	-35	36
Stoke	38	6	12	20	33	63	-30	30
QPR	38	7	8	23	40	68	-28	29
Wolves	38	5	9	24	40	88	-48	24

www.debatabledecisions.com/tables

All I hear about those ****s is if we didnt hit the post so many times we would be up there... he is some news to you fudgein ****s... WHETHER YOU MISS THE GOAL BY A CENTIMETER OR A MILE - YOU STILL MISSED THE fudging GOAL. The whole point of football is to score more than the opposition AND YOU ****S fudgeIN FAILED.

Back