• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Rumour Thread

i wasnt impressed with those goals at all. the defending in those clips were atrocious

bar 2 or 3 goals the rest shows nothing more than whats well know
n...on the continent the breed better technical ball players per position than in england

not even sjure why he found himself on the offensive so much

Lloris and Vertonghen to be done by the end of the month. Mark my words.

Based on what?

To be fair the season hasnt ended yet so we cant get too angry that deals havent been done.

Wouldnt be surprised if Jan is at the lane on sunday with it wrapped up next week.

http://www.nusport.nl/eredivisie/2806423/spurs-en-ajax-miljoenen-elkaar.html

According to this dutch site, We were negotiating with Ajax yesterday, but didn't reach an agreement. Apparently there is still a gap of a few millions (euros I would assume) between what Ajax demand and what we want to pay.
Vertonghen himself says that he really doesn't want to miss out on Champions League football next season, and that this will be a factor in his decision. On the other hand he also says that playing every week is the most important thing. At least this is I think he says, based on my modest knowledge of the Dutch language haha.

In other words we should just buy him immediately, before we lose out on CL qualification after either (a) a sloppy loss against Fulham or (b) fourth place and a lucky Chelski CL win.

I'm all for saving a few million Euros here and there, and I don't want us to be buttfudged in negotiations, but sometimes, just for once, it would be refreshing to see us actually not negotiating for months over a player that seemingly want to come, probably would improve the team and is available to us.

For a defender he looks like a good striker of the ball from those clips - don't know what he's doing so far up front in some of those situastions though...

People do realise that playing at Chelsea and Emirates Marketing Project offers better long term prospects for trophies and accolades, as well as consistent CL participation than Spurs, as well as the extra money he'll receive?

I wonder if some of us actually believe that anyone turning down a move to Spurs may be doing it for primarily footballing reasons, as opposed to purely financial ones.

I know, always makes me laugh how the only reason we apparently would get turned down for is financial reasons. Because not taking that into account, we challenge for the title every season, always in the CL etc....

Not a rumour, but what do people make of Drenthe?

Since Drenthe has fallen out at Everton, and isn't wanted at Real Madrid, I would definitely take him on here. Fast, direct winger who has impressed me each time I saw him play for Everton.

I like the look of Lukaku. Even though Chelsea got spanked, his movement off the ball was very good and he actually took players on. Could see him becoming a decent striker in the right environment

I like the look of Lukaku. Even though Chelsea got spanked, his movement off the ball was very good and he actually took players on. Could see him becoming a decent striker in the right environment

Yeah I like him, thought he would have got more game time albeit not as a regular than he has found at Chelsea.

Who would people prefer us to sign out of Moses and Hoilett? I'd like both, but if we could only have one I can't decide who I'd prefer....

Who would people prefer us to sign out of Moses and Hoilett? I'd like both, but if we could only have one I can't decide who I'd prefer....

Would definitely pick Moses if offered one of the two. I think he has a lot more raw potetial, a rough diamond as some say.

Not a rumour, but what do people make of Drenthe?

Since Drenthe has fallen out at Everton, and isn't wanted at Real Madrid, I would definitely take him on here. Fast, direct winger who has impressed me each time I saw him play for Everton.

I like him, he has a great shot on him too. Plus he's free in the summer!

clown shoe at Madrid, clown shoe at Everton, lets make him a clown shoe at Spurs too, just exactly what we need to keep morale high.

People do realise that playing at Chelsea and Emirates Marketing Project offers better long term prospects for trophies and accolades, as well as consistent CL participation than Spurs, as well as the extra money he'll receive?

I wonder if some of us actually believe that anyone turning down a move to Spurs may be doing it for primarily footballing reasons, as opposed to purely financial ones.

I guess some are pinning their hopes on his earlier comments regarding Spurs being a suitable club at this stage of his footballing development. Chances are slim but the ITK say we are in for him at least. Chelsea may not be a CL team next year either which might count for something, and City while challenging have not won the league yet. Yes I'm clutching at straws.

Cheeky bid for Lukaku too?

I'd be disappointed if we got either. Its a sideways signing, won't push us forward, hoilett I would consider on low wages as cover as he is out of contract

Would definitely pick Moses if offered one of the two. I think he has a lot more raw potetial, a rough diamond as some say.

If you are talking about the dude that got give the ten commandments to read etc then yeah he seems fairly important in the grand scheme of things, if you are talking about the Donkey at Wigan then yeah why not, whoever counts to ?ú15m first shall be our first bid.

Re Hoilett/Moses, don't really want either.

Hoilett would make the most sense as he would be coming as cover/squad player on the fairly cheap.

Moses would be because somebody thinks he has real potential, I don't.

Yeah think I'd lean towards him too but I think either would be decent additions.

For those not convinced they both posess something we don't really have and thats a winger who has the skills to beat a man one on one by pure skill. Bale beats a man by running very fast with the ball he doesn't have any real actual ball skills and with Lennon it's mainly about passing into the space behind the defence and using Lennon's pace to get in behind.

Both these guys offer that something different when we struggle to break teams down....

I guess some are pinning their hopes on his earlier comments regarding Spurs being a suitable club at this stage of his footballing development. Chances are slim but the ITK say we are in for him at least. Chelsea may not be a CL team next year either which might count for something, and City while challenging have not won the league yet. Yes I'm clutching at straws.

Cheeky bid for Lukaku too?

What Lukaku did was much more of a tinkletake imo. Hazard has already cemented his position as an amazing player, capable of playing and being involved regularly in the first 11/18 in most teams in the world. Lukaku mentioned over and over again how he wanted to start and, fair enough, he probably wanted to learn from Drogba, he's played about 2 games.

Hoilett would be alright if all of Bentley, JJ, Krancjar and Pienaar leave as planned (or feared, depending on PoV).

I'd much rather have Max Rodriguez, who Ku Klux Kenny in aaaaaaal his wisdom appearently want to give a free transfer.

I really do have to laugh at people who think we are going to sign a superstar on the wing and Lennon is going to be happy as cover for them. The best we can do is bring in the likes of Hoilett as even if we get this superstar we will lose Lennon.

Its either the superstar or Lennon we can't have both.

Back