• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Rumour Bolleaux

Isco is playing quite a lot for Madrid at the moment almost any club he would go to is down from them so why would he leave at this point.Certainly i doubt we have much chance in getting him anyway.To me a PL experienced striker should be the priority and if we can get anything for sissoko bite their hands off.

Should definitely be all over Draxler, getting him in and maybe having a look again at the Berahino situation wouldn't be the worst idea in the world.

Should definitely be all over Draxler, getting him in and maybe having a look again at the Berahino situation wouldn't be the worst idea in the world.

Goons all over it already. Possibly paving the way for either Sanchez or Ozil to leave.

The only gaps I see in our squad is with another midfielder that can play off the striker and then possibly another wide midfielder (due to the very poor decision to sell Chadli and spend more than double the fee we got on sissoko) and lastly perhaps another striker.

Bazoer cannot do any of those roles so I see no sense in trying to sign him.

Isco would be good but sadly we cannot or choose not to compete with our competitors at the top of the PL when they show an interest in a player we like ala batyushi.

This mentality needs to change and we shouldn't wait for the new stadium to start doing it. We could afford the fee and wages for batyushi.

We need to stop running scared when those chelsea pricks show an interest in a player we want.
Batyushi joined Chelsea on £70k a week so we could have matched that. Maybe we prefers Jansenn

Personally I'm not convinced any marquee signing will join them if they are losing one of their two best players
Dream on, why wouldn't they? They pay big wages, always in CL - so what if one of their big players leaves, it happens to every club....

Agreed .... also Draxler is more hype at the moment than top top product
Yeah I've only seen bits of him but is a way off Sanchez and Ozil level from what I've seen. Couple of seasons under Wenger could change that though....

Bazoer is who we should have signed instead of Wanyama as Dier's understudy/Bentaleb's replacement, if we'd been a bit more creative.

But it makes no sense now.

Every club is a selling club at the right price. United sold Ronaldo. Don't think Barca wouldn't sell Messi if they got a stupid enough offer.

We but they were the top top teams

Arsenal are not in that bracket

Their in the tier below of being a very good side but they never compete at the very top

Few quotes about January from Poch

"In January it's always difficult to find the right profile to help you. Always when you bring players from outside always there is not too much time for that player to settle in your club and your philosophy, for many reasons,"

"It will be difficult to find the profile that can help us but the club is doing a very good job to extend contracts of key players. That is how we can show our real ambition and how the players show their commitment with us. That's a bigger statement for the club, to show our ambition for the future."

http://www.espnfc.com/tottenham-hot...t-new-head-of-recruitment-mauricio-pochettino

Few quotes about January from Poch

"In January it's always difficult to find the right profile to help you. Always when you bring players from outside always there is not too much time for that player to settle in your club and your philosophy, for many reasons,"

"It will be difficult to find the profile that can help us but the club is doing a very good job to extend contracts of key players. That is how we can show our real ambition and how the players show their commitment with us. That's a bigger statement for the club, to show our ambition for the future."

http://www.espnfc.com/tottenham-hot...t-new-head-of-recruitment-mauricio-pochettino
I am fine with that this January. In previous years there has always been some sort of gaping hole in our squad (usually a cover CF sized hole) so I have typically come out of January unhappy at our inactivity. However this season we are stocked with alternatives in just about every position. I would be fine with us doing no business at all in Jan* (*injuries permitting). Though if we could perhaps bring in a talented youngster or two on a sign and loan back deal (Sessegnon at Fulham is an example of somebody I'd love to see us sign) then I'd be really happy.

I am fine with that this January. In previous years there has always been some sort of gaping hole in our squad (usually a cover CF sized hole) so I have typically come out of January unhappy at our inactivity. However this season we are stocked with alternatives in just about every position. I would be fine with us doing no business at all in Jan* (*injuries permitting). Though if we could perhaps bring in a talented youngster or two on a sign and loan back deal (Sessegnon at Fulham is an example of somebody I'd love to see us sign) then I'd be really happy.

I agree - ~I think our squad is pretty much perfectly formed.

My ideal January though would be bringing in Bernardo Silva or someone similar, but with a view to letting them bed in over the spring ready for next season; rather than having them start unprepared in Aug/Sept.

It would also test Eriksen's mentality - see if he crumbles with the competition like he's done a bit with Alli (and if so flog him in June), or whether he has a Lennon-style spur.

I agree - ~I think our squad is pretty much perfectly formed.

My ideal January though would be bringing in Bernardo Silva or someone similar, but with a view to letting them bed in over the spring ready for next season; rather than having them start unprepared in Aug/Sept.

It would also test Eriksen's mentality - see if he crumbles with the competition like he's done a bit with Alli (and if so flog him in June), or whether he has a Lennon-style spur.

Alli has been underwhelming this season. Eriksen's own form is nothing to do with Alli.

Alli has been underwhelming this season. Eriksen's own form is nothing to do with Alli.

I meant that Eriksen's general form has tailored off since 18 months ago when Alli came in, took the central position and became the main AM. Eriksen has become more peripheral at LCM and has never really offered much of an answer to being sidelined.

Back