• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Rumour Bolleaux

What would Berahino's fee be now I wonder? 15mil maybe or has his contract run down? I think even that would represent a bit of a gamble considering his lack of playing time recently. I like him though and wouldn't be too upset if we got him in. I still think that we need another striker on the books if we want to properly fill the squad out.

Dembele at Celtic is really the one that got away. I watched him a bit against Barca the other night and his movement was superb. Shame.

I think they would struggle to claimanuthubg above £5m at a tribunal

Or even suggest less asthey haven't played him or even given him a chance so can't claim they hold him in high regard

When you look at ings transfer there was a transfer fee agreed with us when he had 6 a contract still so that's the reference point. Any fee agreed for. Berahino several years before he leaves wound be irrelevant now

http://www.footballinsider247.com/tottenham-eye-17-year-old-attracting-european-giants-report/

Seems a lot for a player with so little first team experience and so young, but if the scouts have watched him and he is an outstanding talent maybe we could do it. Does make you wonder why we let Dembele go to Celtic a year earlier rather then agree the 3.5m bid and loan back for a few months. I sometimes feel we do not have a joined up transfer strategy and it can hurt us.

http://www.footballinsider247.com/tottenham-eye-17-year-old-attracting-european-giants-report/

Seems a lot for a player with so little first team experience and so young, but if the scouts have watched him and he is an outstanding talent maybe we could do it. Does make you wonder why we let Dembele go to Celtic a year earlier rather then agree the 3.5m bid and loan back for a few months. I sometimes feel we do not have a joined up transfer strategy and it can hurt us.

I honestly think we wanted instant cover

Also I don't think anyone would have seen the best of him as a bit part player here

The lad had his head screwed on and went to a dogbrick league which will massively enhance his profile

I think he will go to psg for £30m in the summer to replace zlatan and end up as Frances first choice striker

I honestly think we wanted instant cover

Also I don't think anyone would have seen the best of him as a bit part player here

The lad had his head screwed on and went to a dogbrick league which will massively enhance his profile

I think he will go to psg for £30m in the summer to replace zlatan and end up as Frances first choice striker

But we did not get instant cover last January as we did not sign anyone else, so if he was good enough for us to want him then, then why not wait to the summer, and the instant cover we got in the summer turned out to be anything but an instant success. The whole Dembele thing will be one of the reasons I will never be a Levy fan boy.

But we did not get instant cover last January as we did not sign anyone else, so if he was good enough for us to want him then, then why not wait to the summer, and the instant cover we got in the summer turned out to be anything but an instant success. The whole Dembele thing will be one of the reasons I will never be a Levy fan boy.

No... we tried getting him in the summer (he said it himself along with the Arse) but he met Brenton, was a fan of the office and signed for him

No... we tried getting him in the summer (he said it himself along with the Arse) but he met Brenton, was a fan of the office and signed for him

really did not know that, shame that ship has sailed

I quite like Wilson at Bournemouth but am not sure he is the class we need, good shot and pacey and hard working. Odd to see Afobe not doing well, I thought he would storm this league.

Lacazzete at Lyon seems like one who might get us to the next level and some of the hype around him has died down a bit so might be gettable.

really did not know that, shame that ship has sailed

I quite like Wilson at Bournemouth but am not sure he is the class we need, good shot and pacey and hard working. Odd to see Afobe not doing well, I thought he would storm this league.

Lacazzete at Lyon seems like one who might get us to the next level and some of the hype around him has died down a bit so might be gettable.

All are very good players but would cost a lot of money

Lacazette was talked about at £40m in the summer

I thought Afobe would have had more imoact by now

I believe we will stick by Jansenn personally

yep I am all for sticking with Janssen, think in a season or so he will start to get a few goals, I see him very much in the Giroud mould myself and I mean that as a compliment.

The only addition I would make would be Beraniho on a free in the summer, I would tap him up now and tell him he has a contract with us in the summer to stop him going elsewhere.

I would then loan him to Sweden over the summer so he could get his shooting boots back, he has barely played the last two seasons and would not be tired. I think we did this with Crouch years ago. After a month or two in Sweden scoring a few goals he would get a full preseason with us and be ready and firing to go.

Not a fan of saido if I am honest. when has he actually impressed over a course of a season?

If we are looking at competition why have someone occupying the bench when they probably won't make any difference.

If we are looking at an impact sub I'd say chicarito

I think it's very unfair to think that we don't have a joined up transfer strategy just because we've missed out on some potentially very good signings.

If we're including clubs the size of Celtic there must be 50-100 clubs at least we're effectively competing with for the talented young players around Europe and England. I think we've picked up more than our fair share of young talented players in recent years and as importantly we're doing so in a way that also allows both our signed and home grown talents time on the pitch and a realistic shot at development and success.

Berahino will be available on a free in the summer, and I can't imagine his compensation fee will be very high given how West Brom have treated him.

If we're in need of more firepower come January, a token bid for the guy (provided we're still interested) might be worth making. Like 5 million pounds or so. Alternately, we could spend the same amount on Jose Fonte (I think Soton confirmed that they'd accept bids of that figure or above) if we're looking for a short-term, Premier-League proven defensive addition - he could perhaps plug the yawning gaps that open up at the back when Toby's out and we play Dier at RCB, while still being short-term enough to allow for CCV to be phased into that role over the next two seasons. Berahino was definitely a Poch target at one point, and Fonte's played under him, so I suppose both will be less risky in terms of integration issues when compared to targets not previously known to Poch.

Those are the two Prem-ready additions known to Poch that we could possibly make (I suspect) fairly cheaply in January if we're looking for reinforcements - although, in Berahino's case, 'Prem-ready' really depends on how fit he is. If we're willing to venture out beyond players previously assessed by Poch, Andrew Robertson's contract expires in the summer - the young left-back from Hull. If we're looking at moving Davies on, he'd possibly do as a cheap replacement back-up LB in a similar mold. And, finally, Fernandinho's contract at City's up in the summer if we're looking at making a cheap-ish approach in January, although his wage demands will likely be excessive. Overall, those are four Prem-ready players across a variety of positions (CB, LB, DM/CM and up front) that we could possibly cheaply get - but only if we're still looking for reinforcements hard enough to justify spending on Berahino (with his stagnation over the last two seasons), Fonte (with his advancing age), Fernandinho (likewise, plus likely high wages) or Robertson (relative unknown, although rated highly enough).

Either way, given our summer net spend, I don't think we can or should expect much.

Berahino will be available on a free in the summer, and I can't imagine his compensation fee will be very high given how West Brom have treated him.

If we're in need of more firepower come January, a token bid for the guy (provided we're still interested) might be worth making. Like 5 million pounds or so. Alternately, we could spend the same amount on Jose Fonte (I think Soton confirmed that they'd accept bids of that figure or above) if we're looking for a short-term, Premier-League proven defensive addition - he could perhaps plug the yawning gaps that open up at the back when Toby's out and we play Dier at RCB, while still being short-term enough to allow for CCV to be phased into that role over the next two seasons. Berahino was definitely a Poch target at one point, and Fonte's played under him, so I suppose both will be less risky in terms of integration issues when compared to targets not previously known to Poch.

Those are the two Prem-ready additions known to Poch that we could possibly make (I suspect) fairly cheaply in January if we're looking for reinforcements - although, in Berahino's case, 'Prem-ready' really depends on how fit he is. If we're willing to venture out beyond players previously assessed by Poch, Andrew Robertson's contract expires in the summer - the young left-back from Hull. If we're looking at moving Davies on, he'd possibly do as a cheap replacement back-up LB in a similar mold. And, finally, Fernandinho's contract at City's up in the summer if we're looking at making a cheap-ish approach in January, although his wage demands will likely be excessive. Overall, those are four Prem-ready players across a variety of positions (CB, LB, DM/CM and up front) that we could possibly cheaply get - but only if we're still looking for reinforcements hard enough to justify spending on Berahino (with his stagnation over the last two seasons), Fonte (with his advancing age), Fernandinho (likewise, plus likely high wages) or Robertson (relative unknown, although rated highly enough).

Either way, given our summer net spend, I don't think we can or should expect much.

The pace of Berahino would certainly be a good addition imo. The skillset that him, Kane and Janssen would bring to the table could be VERY interesting for our attacking play imo..all depends on what his attitude is REALLY like..
I would have thought that both Fernandinho and Fonte would be no-nos due to
a) age of Fernandinho plus likely megawages he's already on
b) Fonte's agent is Jorge Mendes...nuff said...

Who: Grey Fox
When: 8th December
Where: SC

I have heard Isco is still on the menu, but we have serious competition for him and apparently he is likely to move on in January. Bazour is another we have looked at and despite the papers saying he is a target for the mega rich clubs, he wants the opportunity to play regularly.

I think Bazour refers to Ajax's Riechedly Bazoer. Has anyone who watches the Dutch league seen how he has been doing so far this season? I read (I think on another club forum) that he hasn't played as much and his form has gone downhill somewhat..

@AjaxDeSuperYids can you shed any light here?

The pace of Berahino would certainly be a good addition imo. The skillset that him, Kane and Janssen would bring to the table could be VERY interesting for our attacking play imo..all depends on what his attitude is REALLY like..
I would have thought that both Fernandinho and Fonte would be no-nos due to
a) age of Fernandinho plus likely megawages he's already on
b) Fonte's agent is Jorge Mendes...nuff said...

a) Depends on Berahino's fitness - if he's actually fit enough to make an impact before next September, he'd be a good pickup if we can get him cheaply enough. Plus, it helps our image in the market - we don't give up on our targets, that sort of thing. And it would likely make Berahino happy.

b) Fernandinho - yeah, he's probably on high wages, but likely not *stonkingly* high ones - he did come from the Ukrainian league, after all. Still, I only mention him because his contract's up in the summer and he'd likely be available fairly cheaply because of that fact - I don't think we really need another DM.

c) Fonte - Yeah, but let's not forget that Mou's agent is and always has been Jorge Mendes, and we still tried to get him when he left Chelsea in 2007. Ditto with Moutinho, another Mendes client - we tried to get him in 2012, and we would have done had someone not f*cked up with the paperwork on deadline day (or cheaped out on the fee/wages). I don't think Levy's as averse to dealing with superagents like Mendes as we'd like to imagine he is.

I think superagents, on the other hand, are exceedingly averse to dealing with *Levy* - for obvious reasons. :p

As for Bazoer, I think he's been benched for a while now because of a bad attitude in training. Thinks he's better than he is, iirc.

The only gaps I see in our squad is with another midfielder that can play off the striker and then possibly another wide midfielder (due to the very poor decision to sell Chadli and spend more than double the fee we got on sissoko) and lastly perhaps another striker.

Bazoer cannot do any of those roles so I see no sense in trying to sign him.

Isco would be good but sadly we cannot or choose not to compete with our competitors at the top of the PL when they show an interest in a player we like ala batyushi.

This mentality needs to change and we shouldn't wait for the new stadium to start doing it. We could afford the fee and wages for batyushi.

We need to stop running scared when those chelsea pricks show an interest in a player we want.

Back