• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham Hotspur vs West Ham United OMT ***

although I should say, everyone played well today, a decent team performance

I'd like to get carried away but you can't forget just how dogbrick West Ham were

Rose was immense too today, both defensively and offensively. Jan and Toby - so so soooo bloody nice to have a consistent central pairing. We're being spoilt this season!

so good to watch a completely stress free half of football once kane got his 2nd, west ham didn't turn up at all today though so out performance is a bit flattered but u can only beat what's put in front of u, shame we didnt get a clean sheet, not that they had any fans left at the end to see that, sums up their fickle support, well done poch for putting the young boy in at the end, some nice touches from another academy product.

so good to watch a completely stress free half of football once kane got his 2nd, west ham didn't turn up at all today though so out performance is a bit flattered but u can only beat what's put in front of u, shame we didnt get a clean sheet, not that they had any fans left at the end to see that, sums up their fickle support, well done poch for putting the young boy in at the end, some nice touches from another academy product.

Mate, we didn't let them play - we worked ourselves into the ground. They've been performing so well against the bigguns but they lost their cup final by a mile.

Lovely. Although we were really brick to concede - Poch out :p

I've said when we recruited Poch that I'd even write this season off whilst he created a culture. Next season is gonna be a monster!

Why not this season being a biggy?
There's some thing magical happening, its so magical I don't dare believe it.

I won,t believe that until we gat more depth in the squad
and have a couple of top signings this winter...then I might start
to believe...
Come on you Spurs.............

It was a good win against the comedy club but you expect nothing else against a small side. Would've meant much more if we were playing a half decent side (Our friendly's against Stevenage used to be more closely fought) but I guess you can only beat what's put in front of you.

On a serious note onwards and upwards from here. I love the unity of our fans at this moment in time. It's about time we got together around the players and gave our full backing to the manager and although Poch has had to work for that respect he completely deserves it.

Can we get in the top four? I do not know at present. But even if we only finish 7th or 8th I have been delighted with Poch's management and the way he has gone about forming a team of very young, but extremely hardworking, players. Especially at such a pivotal period of time with the new stadium so close to arriving.

Bravo to you Poch, Bravo to you Kane. Bravo to you Mr Ali. Bravo to you THFC.

COYS

Great game, we showed no weaknesses at all. The game exploded in the second half, I hope we can build on the confidence this gives. What a game by Dembele! He has really matured from the blind alley magnet he used to be. His ball skills has always been top notch, but his vision has improved immensly. I love how we press to win the ball back, dare I say Guardiola-esqe. This makes a ton of difference, as this has been our weakness for so long. Ball-winning/recovery is how you win games, not highlight reels or "special ones". Kane seems to have caught a bit of the Defoe tunnel-vision virus, but as long as we play as good as now I don't care. Feel a little bit sorry for the guys busting their guts to get in position though.

But what I like the most, is that the team looks like a young group totally without cancerous egos that has ridden our organization for ages. This is solid, something to build on. Our lack of pace, in which we have relied upon for a decade, may show to be a blessing in disguise. It has made us play smarter, more tactical, just plain better instead of being dependant on individuals to bail us out. I am so grateful to Pochettino for this. It almost looked like we sized them up for the first 25 minutes, and then went for the kill, like a predator. I have more belief in that we can keep this up than for a long time. It at least looks like we finally have a system.

I was thinking watching that that this is probably the best Spurs team that I have ever seen. We've had better players in the past but this is the most complete unit.

Nah. 2011/2012, the team that hit the heights prior to late February. That was the most complete team I've ever seen at Spurs.

This one's getting closer to the mark with each passing day, however.

I was thinking watching that that this is probably the best Spurs team that I have ever seen. We've had better players in the past but this is the most complete unit.

it's certainly up there for me as well

(you know there was another one I was very fond of but I don't want to go over that again, for the thousandth time)

Nah. 2011/2012, the team that hit the heights prior to late February. That was the most complete team I've ever seen at Spurs.

No way...this side is better...although no renowned World class players admitted!

Win on Sunday and I believe we can win the league this season. There doesn't seem to be anyone in the league better than us.

That was a great team, but we had superstars covering for our weaknesses. It was certainly the most exciting team for sure, but you get the feeling that this team has players that are more interchangeable, rather than having cogs like Modric and Bale. The "system" was sorely lacking, no trace of anything remotely resembling a plan B (which almost all of us were requesting), and more prone to collapse. It was a sheer run-them-down and counter attacking team, which was natural given the speed resources we had back then. And any team without a world class keeper is not complete! :)

Back