• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham Hotspur vs S.L. Benfica OMT ***

People on here were saying it was the best we have played under Sherwood and doing really well, then they poke a ball through and slot it in and suddenly you turn on the team.

We have been "OK" and they have closed down really well. I'm not making excuses I'm saying they conceded 1 in 16 so don't expect us to score 3.

We haven't been ok though have we?! we look totally clueless. We can't play through midfield, we're lumping long balls forward, haven't created a shooting opportunity and got sliced apart the only time they ventured over the half way line.

Its insane how little teams have to do to beat us. Next to nothing.

Spurs just don't have the speed in attack that Benfica have.

By the time we've got the ball into a dangerous area, they have all their players back waiting for us.

if we are going to pump long balls to Ade all night long, at least give him Soldado to work with ](*,) fcuking eck, its that basic

Paulinho doesn't really work in a 4-4-2, not sure why AVB and Sherwood both persisted with this.

Kane not doing a great deal.

Poor defending from Naughton for the goal.

It is just all a bit depressing tbh because even though as I was watching it, even though I thought we were playing better initially, I could just see that what was quite likely was that they would score first. And so they did.

Oh dear.

Exactly, Tim is so utterly macaronic and stupid it's baffling, he does things which make no sense, but then also don't work so just comes across as tactically inept. I have literally never been so flabbergasted at how inept our manager has been as Tim. I just don't understand in any way shape of form what is happening... BRING BACK GROSS!!!!!

Shocking shocking performance.

Sloppy, slow ****.

Harry Kane is in no way shape or form a premiership level footballer.

Naughton as we all know is not left back.

Sandro looks like he's running in quick sand.

Frustrating frustrating Spurs.

The state of this club at the moment.. Exactly where I felt we'd be a couple of seasons back.

What do you expect with Levy in charge, he doesnt have a clue... 100 m spent in the summer and Im here watching the likes of Dawson and lennon. Dear Oh dear.

Did you see the Benfica manager's little dance after the goal? I think its likely that was an indication that their goal came from something they'd worked on the training ground/chalkboard.

I think it´s just a simple case of Benfica being the better team, to be honest. We´d have to be playing better than we´ve done all season to beat them over two legs, which I can´t see us doing. We started out well, but inflated after the goal. It´s all **** for me now, hopefully we won´t be too knackered after tonight.

And it's all so painfully predictable, you look at the lineup and everyone slaps their foreheads, then you have to sit through the painful aftermath of Tim's decisions... Levy needs to get rid of him now, this is getting ridiculous!!! Sandro player manager!!!

Interesting that Jenas and Strachan blamed Vertonghen for the goal, not coming across to cover the pass.

I agree Kane looks out of his depth and am not surprised, he is OK but he is not top class.
I agree Townsend could play left wing and stretch them.

Seriously, does anyone have any idea why Soldado isn't playing and Kane is?

Can only presume it's a reward for playing in group games in the past.

But yeah, crazy Soldado isn't playing after scoring in his last match

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

Although at least everyone is ****ging this mess off, when I was doing it there were quite a few people crying about it...

Back