• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs Bournemouth OMT***

I think for all the criticisms of him, he puts in a shift and works hard off the front foot which I am sure suits what Ange wants, of course like everyone we want goals for him, but I am not as down on him as others

I think he's great, again, how many times have they been able to play out through their CB's, how much time has their keeper had when on the ball? We get the ball back because of his work.

Good half, could have a goal or two more, but played some good stuff along the way.

Yeh, would have been nice to have a comfort goal but very decent first half. We still have those heart attack moments like the Billing chance but TBF thats nothing new to this manager and system, at least we give ourselves more chance the other end

Though Ricky was unlucky with the chance, prob would have been blocked if he hit it first time.

Still think he can do a job, just needs a bit more composure.

Think angs system means the wingers stay wide in order for the fullbacks to be dragged wide. Then our fullbacks cut into the space they leave. Meaning we can outnumber them in the box.

It's why some have suggested swapping son and kulu over. Which might be worth it during a game.
I'm a bit disappointed Ange isn't using shots from layoffs outside the penalty box. Son and Kulu are excellent at it.

If its the overlapping defenders and midfielders that score goals we better have the right backups with speed and great footwork ready ... just in case of injuries

Decent performance. Such a better watch than the last few years. Kulu looks off it and Richi isn’t firing either. Other than that, really good.

Udogie will be the best left back in this league. Sarr and Bissouma doing well. Porro again looking a better defender. But Maddison. fudging loving him. He’s worth admission money on his own. Born Tottenham player.

We need a second on third but regardless of anything else, this is enjoyable. The way we play out from the back, while risky, is a joy to watch.

You've got to ask: how has our former so-called world class managers conducted training sessions? For years now we have been more or less unable to hit an elephant from 5 feet away, and 98% of all passes going backwards or sideways. Now we are finding openings, hitting passes over 10 yards and more often than not looking upwards for recipients. I don't care if it costs us at times, this is football i like to see.

Now, I would love if Ange brought back Gil to rotate with Kulusevski. I think they offer different options against different opposition, and I see Gil as much more suited against compact back lines. For all his strenghts, Kulu has become a little one-dimensional in my view.

I think for all the criticisms of him, he puts in a shift and works hard off the front foot which I am sure suits what Ange wants, of course like everyone we want goals for him, but I am not as down on him as others
He does most things right, all the way up until the end. He's like a middle class man's Kane, without the goal touch.

Thought it was a mixed bag personally - hope for an improvement in the 2nd half

Really good attacking play. You have to expect some iffy moments at the back with the space we're leaving open and obviously the opposition aren't always going to sit back. It's still a case of not conceding early while we wear them down, but at least we're taking every opportunity to go forward.

You've got to ask: how has our former so-called world class managers conducted training sessions? For years now we have been more or less unable to hit an elephant from 5 feet away, and 98% of all passes going backwards or sideways. Now we are finding openings, hitting passes over 10 yards and more often than not looking upwards for recipients. I don't care if it costs us at times, this is football i like to see.

Now, I would love if Ange brought back Gil to rotate with Kulusevski. I think they offer different options against different opposition, and I see Gil as much more suited against compact back lines. For all his strenghts, Kulu has become a little one-dimensional in my view.

Wasn't there periods under both where we didn't have a shot on target for like 3 halves of football? Maybe I am imagining that but I am sure there was a big deal made about it, Nuno for sure it happened, was sure it happened under Conte aswell

That touch and movement from Biss for the goal, just lovely.

Sees a picture as Glenn would say. Knew what he wanted to do before he received the ball.

Our first touch on the ball is so positive. That’s 100% Ange. Lots of coaches teach players a safety first approach and to knock it backwards into a yard of space to try and turn. Ange seems to want the lads to turn and beat a player on the first touch. It’s risky but it’s working in the 3 games so far. Say whatever you like about Ange but it’s brave and entertaining.

Back