• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs Blackburn United - OMT

Good first half. Sandro been excellent,but once again its still only 1-0 when it should be at least 3. Still cant relax and enjoy it, need at least 2 more for that.
Keep it at Spurs. This could be a pricless win if we can see it out

Ade swapping shirts at HT ? gotta larf

Givet looking for a little extra income off of ebay, surely.

We are bossing this comfortably. Central midfield looking solid defensively. Need to get more Modric-VDV interaction offensively though.

Sandro, absolutely superb. VDV & Modric also playing well and much happier playing further forward. Harry, well done for 4-4-1-1 with the right personnel FINALLY. Only two downers are Ade, who is very wasteful, and Walker who is both wasteful and not looking comfortable at the back.

A well deserved lead, but we're not really playing any better or worse than in recent games and we know how they turned out. We need to put this to bed.

WOuldnt say well done for Harry in picking this team at all. Its the line-up which we were playing when we were tearing teams apart before xmas

Two simple improvements. One, faster passing, higher tempo. Two, more movement off the ball. Some thing don't change Walker cannot cross, or go past a man and is also a defensive liabilty. But so far, so good.

Sandra was very good that half. Excellent stuff.

I think our final ball is lacking and we just need to be a touch more clinical. No doubt Blackburn will change tactics and formation around

Got to pleased with the first half there.

If I'm being ultra picky, aside from the devastating finishing we'd all love, I'd like to see a few more direct deliveries in to the box, there's a lot of peripheral action without a lot of penetration.

Can't be moaning overall though.

WOuldnt say well done for Harry in picking this team at all. Its the line-up which we were playing when we were tearing teams apart before xmas

And it was Harry who built that team and played it in the first half of the season, so he deserves credit for it. But also credit for not bowing down to the squad rotation, you have to play 4-5-1 phalanx and going back to basics. It's been too long coming.

Ade may not have played his best, but he has been an important presence up front, got his body in the way for vdv to shoot and still holds the ball up well. Damn he can be fast when chasing a ball down.

I fancy azza getting a goal, I'd certainly like him to. Sandro with a pile driver, what tackling and passing

Two simple improvements. One, faster passing, higher tempo. Two, more movement off the ball. Some thing don't change Walker cannot cross, or go past a man and is also a defensive liabilty. But so far, so good.

Actually I don't think this performance is ANY different to recent performances at all. The tempo is about the same.

Sandro is a far more dominant force in midfield than Parker.

I would not disagree. I feel Sandro is the better footballer in so many ways that suit the style of football we play. Parker slows the game down far too much and is so limited when in the oppositions final third, don't get me wrong Parker is by no means a bad player.

Calm down lads; Only 1-0.
Doesn't matter how we played, 1-0 is the score and that's what matters.

Sandro and Modric have been great.
Take Bale off and put Giovani Dos Santos on.

who are you telling to calm down??

GDS on? Based on what? Would thius be all of the fantastic performances we have had from him in the past? Strange you would want to take off someone who has proved that he can produce magic, for someone who has never done so.

IMV

Calm down lads; Only 1-0.
Doesn't matter how we played, 1-0 is the score and that's what matters.

Sandro and Modric have been great.
Take Bale off and put Giovani Dos Santos on.

Even gobsmackingly stupid posts like this cannot detract from our best 45 minutes for months.

COYS!!!!

And Walker's delivery is better?

Rose's is delivery is poor, especially considering he is meant to be a winger. Walker's is poor also. So is Ekotto's. Our crossing from full back positions is absolutely woeful, which is a problem considering we use them so much going forward.

I would estimate that he must have had between 7 and 10 opportunities to cross or pass into their box, and he hasn't found one Spurs player yet.

How much does he need in the way of chances?

I didn't mean in this game. Even if he looked like the worlds best left back for an hour today, he'd need to do it again, and again. You cant judge any player on one game - or the limited appearances Rose has had.

What I would say is that I agree with you; whenever he has played he has never shown anything to suggest he's first team material, or that he's going to develop into one.

I would not disagree. I feel Sandro is the better footballer in so many ways that suit the style of football we play. Parker slows the game down far too much and is so limited when in the oppositions final third, don't get me wrong Parker is by no means a bad player.

I was waiting for these sort of comments. Dear GHod.

And it was Harry who built that team and played it in the first half of the season, so he deserves credit for it. But also credit for not bowing down to the squad rotation, you have to play 4-5-1 phalanx and going back to basics. It's been too long coming.

No-one is asking for squad rotation now! We havent played for a week. However Harry SHOULD have rotated the squad earlier in the season - he even played Modric in one or two Europa games

And anyone who thinks we should be playing 4-5-1 either doesnt have a brain or hasnt watched us play over the last 2-3 months. We dont have the right midfielders for it

Back