• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs ASTON VILLA - OMT

Gonna try and not watch, will just watch the Saudi Sportswashing Machine game instead and wait for the dreaded goalflash update to pop up.

I wish people would stop using absolutes to describe football...

There was absolutely no way Saudi Sportswashing Machine would beat Chelsea.. as there was no way Arsenal would trip up at Norwich...

Just a pet hate i guess...

Do you not believe we will put AT LEAST 1 goal past Villa?

although tbh I think you'd get a better viewing out of Saudi Sportswashing Machine/City

It does really. Wolves and Blackburn cant finish above them (unless BB win both games by a bundle). Then for the 3rd team going down, unless QPR win at Man C on the final day then the max which they can get to is 38 (by taking 4 points from their last two) and so if Villa take a point off us they'll also be on 38 but with a far better GD. Currently if QPR took 4 points and Villa lost both then they'd finish above Villa

Beat me to the reply. Expalined it spot on.

Mathematically, they need to win to be sure.
Realistically they will only need a point (as you cant see QPR winning both games)
But actually, more than likely, 37pts with their GD will keep them up at the end of the day.

Blackburn look doomed with Wolves. Honestly think the 3rd spot is between QPR and Bolton, and they both play Stoke.
Just having a feeling Bolton will pull something out of the hat at Stoke on last day to stay up and send QPR down

it hardly matters whether villa need a result or not. it's not gonna change the way the approach the game. i imagine the game will follow a similar pattern of play to barcelona against chelsea for the most part

I'm panicking big time, I know we keep saying must win game etc but this really is crunch time now. With the gooners drawing we must take third, anything but will feel like a failure really even now.

I think we should go for it from the first minute right at them, flying first 15-20 minutes and try and get a couple of goals. With the arrests this week, expected protests against McLeish etc I cant see them starting off flying.

I'm panicking big time, I know we keep saying must win game etc but this really is crunch time now. With the gooners drawing we must take third, anything but will feel like a failure really even now.

I think we should go for it from the first minute right at them, flying first 15-20 minutes and try and get a couple of goals. With the arrests this week, expected protests against McLeish etc I cant see them starting off flying.

Can't afford to sit on a 1-0 lead though.

Arsenal came flying out of the blocks earlier today... :p

Harry is usually good at getting them mentally right for game, this one will be the easiest for him of the season. Win and we can end Arsenal's CL hopes, RvP fcuks off to Emirates Marketing Project and they fall into mid-table obscurity.

This is where we are at our most vulnerable, when we are in comfort zone ! Thought Arsenal will put pressure on us by beating Norwich. Instead Arsenal failing to win means, we now have the advantage in the top 4 race. We will finish in 3rd and above Arsenal for the first time in a long time if we can win our remaining matches. But it doesn't look as simple as that. Spurs players tends to get complacent when they are in a comfortable position. It will all depends on our mentality. Hope the players calm down, concentrate and be ruthless to beat Villa.

Villa used to be our jinx team in the past. But we seemed to have overcome that jinx in recent years. Hope we continue that. This season, we have only won matches where we scored first. So, we definately need to score first against Villa. We did well to beat Bolton 4-1 last week. That would have boosted our confidence. Just hope our strikers and midfield, pescially Modric, will continue the goal scoring form.

But we have to be carefull about Villa as they are still not out of relegation fears. So, can see them being up for this match. But they seem to have some internal problems as well. I think their manager is getting unpopular with the fans and there are also disciplin problems among players. So, there will be huge pressure on Villa to get a good result in this match. Hope we will make use of that.

It is almost a miracle that we are still in top 4 race. And now we are so close to finish 3rd. Let's hope we don't waste it ! Arsenal are trying their best to help us finish in 3rd place and above them this season. But Arsenal's "sacrifice" will be meaningless if we don't win both our remaining matches.

Right I'm up nice and early for the trip to Villa Park, up the Spurs! Very excited about today, could be monumental if we pull off a result against a very poor side.

Enjoy the game chaps

Back