• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham Hotspur v West Brom OMT ***

Disappointing. Very disappointing, missed a good opportunity to put real pressure on the top four this weekend. Instead we drew, again. Yes we still haven't lost but that's just a small positive. Draw's are becoming to much of an occurrence.

Sounds like a poor performance? I haven't watched the game, just seen the result. Were we really that bad? Is it the first time this season we haven't been the better side?

Well Hugo made one save in the seocnd had and there keeper made one too

They were battling hard and very aggressive

Should have been a red for mclean taking out moussa and a poor Lino call when Njie was clean through

Result was fair based on play IMO and we didn't derv to win or lose

That was poor by almost everyone. They really didn't look like they were fully up for it and totally focused. WBA bullied our guys and we didn't deal with it. Loads of small mistakes and bad choices all over the park. But the way I look at it is if we play brick and draw like today then it is a good point. Some of the other matches we drew we should have won, but I think a point is as much as we deserved today.

This is where I really miss Bentaleb, and the Mason-Bentaleb combo. Sure Dembele and Dier will win more 50/50 duels than them, but the only thing awaiting us at the end of a 50/50 against a Pulis lead WBA is another 50/50.

People are being harsh on some of the 6 players that operated in the "front 4" positions today (Kane, Eriksen, Alli, Lamela, Son, Clinton). To me they were all average because we failed to provide them with the kind of passes they can thrive on. This is the job of the other 6 outfield players on the pitch - particularly our central midfield. We were outfought, for me not because we weren't up for a fight - but rather because we were willing to play this as a fighting game. Bentaleb and Mason (on form) would have been looking to receive the ball in tighter areas, they would have looked to make more effective first touches and they would have found a purposeful pass more often and quicker. That would have given us a chance to hurt WBA by playing through their pressure more often.

Not looking to have a go at either Dembele or Dier or rekindle debates of the past. Both have been very good this season (though I think Dembele has been better further forward), and for 15-20 minutes of the second half Dembele upped his game and we looked good. But I miss the options given to us by those other players unfortunately not available at the moment.

A point away to WBA is fine in isolation though. And a draw was the fair result based on performances. I think the negativity about our draws is massively overstated by some here.

Imo we played well. What we didn't do was control the game after we scored. Letting them back in was the problem. Some spells of terrific possession from us. Width in the final third wasn't effective and we need another Centre Forward on Jan 1st.

Gee, there was a time recently when WBA played decent football, but today, right out of the Pullis Thugby textbook. He is an anti football clam. Hope they get relegated.

Yep, mentioned it in my ratings thread .. horrible game plan from them, put a foot in after tackles, foul, push and hoof the ball at every opportunity.

We struggled with the physicality, but a Spurs team from two years ago would have lost that game.

Yep, mentioned it in my ratings thread .. horrible game plan from them, put a foot in after tackles, foul, push and hoof the ball at every opportunity.

We struggled with the physicality, but a Spurs team from two years ago would have lost that game.

We cannot complain about that style of play on the one hand and then complain when we get labelled as 'southern softies' on the other.

We need to win against teams no matter how they play - ugly, we'll whip 'em, pretty, we'll whip 'em with even greater ease. How they play shouldn't ideally enter into it.

I'm fully happy with the draw even considering Njie's 1x1 which shouldn't been whistled off.

Our most average perfomance during this season. I think we've been outplayed in each of the components except GK's position.
I didn't like Alli's (in 2nd time) and Eriksen's (both halves) actions at all.
Dier was also less involved in ball recovering and intercepting than he usually does. We gave them too much space in centre half and usually they picked up the loose balls.
I also missed our high-tempo unstoppable pressing today :( Only when Njie came on, we made it a bit.

14 games without defeats is a great achievement, but we need to start winning such games. At least sometimes. We're lucky all top teams are loosing points nowadays or we would have been outside top-6 with our unbeaten run though.
We defenitely need a striker purchase this winter if the club really insists on making the top-4. I respect and admire all Kane's actions and involvement but he can't play each game in 2-3 tournaments. He looks exhausted and less mobile than during previous season. Also he usually does same actions but sometimes we need to offer smth different to opponent's defence (as it was today).

Last edited:
That's the refs job - he was very soft today should have red carded the Irish lad/thug

This bit, I agree - I think the ref bottled it when he only gave a yellow to McClean. Should have been a straight red -full-speed, knee high challenge with flailing legs, implanting his studs into Dembele's shins. Lucky for Mousa that he jumped in time: if his foot was planted when that challenge came in, we'd be looking at a broken leg for the guy right now.

Not sure people are giving wbrom credit defensively. The reason we couldn't move the ball quickly is everyone forward of midfield were marked. It was always going to be one of the toughest games. We need to bounce back with a win next game.

We cannot complain about that style of play on the one hand and then complain when we get labelled as 'southern softies' on the other.

We need to win against teams no matter how they play - ugly, we'll whip 'em, pretty, we'll whip 'em with even greater ease. How they play shouldn't ideally enter into it.

We can complain, but it doesn't change the fact that this is allowed in the Premier League. That's why Pulis has his teams do it...

They're a tough team to play against, no doubt. Not sure why people are expecting us to go away to mid table teams and "whip 'em"?

I have seen us surrender the initiative against a Pulis side much worse than that in the past... We stood our ground, but ultimately lacked the quality to deserve to edge the game. That needs work, but overall I'm not disheartened though I'm disappointed we didn't play better.

This bit, I agree - I think the ref bottled it when he only gave a yellow to McClean. Should have been a straight red -full-speed, knee high challenge with flailing legs, implanting his studs into Dembele's shins. Lucky for Mousa that he jumped in time: if his foot was planted when that challenge came in, we'd be looking at a broken leg for the guy right now.
I don't think he even saw it. He was about to play on until our lads kicked up a fuss.

I don't think he even saw it. He was about to play on until our lads kicked up a fuss.

You're right, I now remember he tried to let it go until fighting erupted around him. That decision alone (playing on, then stopping it, then giving the yellow card) should hopefully see him sent to League Two next weekend. Bad game to start letting things go, ref.

Back