• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur v Sheffield Utd League cup semi Final first leg

We won due to a center back panicking and palming the ball away with his hand. The result in this particular game is not relevant to my arguments anyway.

wins a win. think what youre saying does a disservice to how well Clough's had his team play tonight.

It was poor, but this has been our level this season in these kind of games. It's pretty much the same every time. We seem to have no idea how to break teams down. To be fair, it was the same under AVB, but we need to get better.

I wonder what our plan is in these games. Do we practice patterns of play that might open up defences? What do we do in training that will help us get better at it? I obviously don't know, but Poch has been in charge for a while now, and I see no improvement. We don't create chances. When we do, its usually down to an individual coming up with something rather than a good team move.

It seems like Poch's plan is to win possession in good areas, but you will only do that so many times. We must also have a plan for how to break teams down when they sit deep. How many games can you honestly say that we have performed well in this season? Only about a handful, perhaps, and the majority of those good performances have come in helter skelter games like the homes games against Everton and Chelsea when we had space to play in.

If you say anything critical about how we have done under Pochettino you get crucified on this site, but everything is not well.

Well, you don't get 'crucified' no, but if you are saying that some people (i.e. me) will respond in disagreement and offer some context and factual balance to your criticisms, then bingo, you are absolutely correct.

Or would it be better if we just said nothing?

What is not well by the way? I would like some detail, some context and some circumstance.

Looking forward to a cracking game next week maybe even a performance Shaney might enjoy, but if he does not and we win then i could not give a damn at this point of Pochs rein. Yes maybe this time next year i would like to see us with more style and flair but i am very excited in what he is building and how far we are going in all comps.

Looking forward to a cracking game next week maybe even a performance Shaney might enjoy, but if he does not and we win then i could not give a damn at this point of Pochs rein. Yes maybe this time next year i would like to see us with more style and flair but i am very excited in what he is building and how far we are going in all comps.

Amen brother.

Well, you don't get 'crucified' no, but if you are saying that some people (i.e. me) will respond in disagreement and offer some context and factual balance to your criticisms, then bingo, you are absolutely correct.

What is not well by the way? I would like some detail, some context and some circumstance.

I think its not thrashing every one 3 nil that is below us in the league. Seems to upset alot of folks.

Just watching a compilation of Sherringham goals now on Sky. What would we give for him now.

The other stark difference is the quality of the crossing. None of our players seem to be able to put in a decent cross nowadays, either in the air or on the ground.

Such a shame to see the same old negativity trotted out...'not good enough'...'should be opening up'...'failing to get it done'...'things aren't right'...no context, no consideration, no scope, no overall perspective.

Still, whatever makes people 'happy' I suppose.

I haven't seen anyone offering "context and factual balance" to my arguments. I have seen Mumorn saying: "did we we draw or lose or did we win?" and "a win is a win". Hardly the most convincing of arguments.

I think I have stated quite clearly what I don't think is well in my original post. I don't need to repeat myself.

I guess if your saying that their defender handling the ball and giving us a soft penalty is proof of us finding a way to break through then yes.

Im just astounded at how poor we play on a regular basis, especially tonight with wembley in our grasp. Its so frustrating. Just wondering if you think we played well ? Were you happy with Poch making Ade captain in a cup semi final ? Were you happy with Poch playing a Kane in red hot form in a position where it was obvious he would be ineffective ?

He didn't make Adebayor captain tonight, that decision was made back when he was appointed vice captain (no official captain on the pitch = next in line wears the armband)

Why was it obvious Kane would be ineffective playing behind a CF? It was in that role that he forced his way in to the league team earlier in the season - scoring goals and creating for others.

It was poor from us tonight, we lacked ideas in the final third and it was frustrating. However Sheffield United have already knocked out both West Ham and Southampton from cup comps this season so they obviously know how to make life difficult for top end Premiership teams.

He didn't make Adebayor captain tonight, that decision was made back when he was appointed vice captain (no official captain on the pitch = next in line wears the armband)

Why was it obvious Kane would be ineffective playing behind a CF? It was in that role that he forced his way in to the league team earlier in the season - scoring goals and creating for others.

It was poor from us tonight, we lacked ideas in the final third and it was frustrating. However Sheffield United have already knocked out both West Ham and Southampton from cup comps this season so they obviously know how to make life difficult for top end Premiership teams.

not forgetting they also made the FA cup semi final last season.

Answers in bold below mate

So not one single criticism of Poch, which was obviously what I was expecting. But thanks for answering the questions mate.

To be fair, he listed plenty of things which arent well with us.

Plenty of people predicted it would be a walkover.

and thats a shame. theyre no mugs and we saw that. well organised and hoping to nick a goal. Some people just saw "league one side" and thought we should win as if football is played on paper or a game of FIFA. To get a win with a slightly weakened team against a team that played well, having the advantage going into the second leg which benefits us is a good thing. Was I happy with the performance? no. Did I expect to batter them? no. Did I expect a win? Yes, so im happy.

Anyone who thought it would be a walkover clearly doesn't watch Spurs week in week out
I still live in the eternal hope that one day we will learn to treat **** teams as **** teams and beat them. Obviously all good teams have the odd upset but I've never seen anyone else make Estonian pub teams look like Barca in the Europa the way we can.

We won due to a center back panicking and palming the ball away with his hand. The result in this particular game is not relevant to my arguments anyway.

Why did the center back panic? What results are relevant to your arguments? Can we count our league position, our placement in the Europa, our LC semi-final first-leg lead or our impending 4th round FA Cup tie as relevant to your argument? I am just trying to gauge the rules here ;-)

Back