• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

That seating looks a bit shallow.

Marginally steeper than the Emirates, but a lot closer to the pitch.

3018de12627e486c218616db7ac1a935.jpg

There are 1.5m British Indians and it's a huge emerging economy. The IPL very quickly became the EPL of cricket.

I'm not sure plastic yanks really exist outside a few part of inner London. The working classes in northern cities have plenty of confidence in their own identity, or at least a 'i know what i like and i like what i know' mentality.

The difference is the size of the broadcast deals, which makes Kabaddi an irrelevant comparison.

The main revenue source for professional sport comes from the tv rights not the people who actually make the effort to go and watch it live.

The NFL aren't going to get significantly more money from the US tv market, so need to increase the value of their global deals. To do that they need be playing games at a time that increases exposure in the Middle East and Far East (early afternoon in London). The latest round of Premier League rights deals has set the bar.

To make a team in London suceed they need two things: 1 - to sell enough tickets to create a credible back drop for TV. 2 - for the team playing to be competitive so that some of those games are actually close.

1 won't be a problem, and is the reason Wembley is too big. 2 is more of a challenge, and would be the only reason not to put a team in London permanently.

That seating looks a bit shallow.

It does. A lot more shallow/shallower(?). They may argue that we still have that proximity to the pitch. But only if you sit in the first couple of rows. It looks as if it is going to be a very different experience sitting in the upper (further away from the pitch) rows.

Who would have thought that having a bigger stadium would put people further away from the pitch!!!!!!

I guess it depends in the angle of the stands. When I go on my own I like to sit next to the pitch, so I shouldn't think it will make much difference. When I go with my son we sit further back - but the great thing about WHL is the angle of the stands -is that the seating rake? - means you always feel close - it feels hemmed in.

It would/will be a shame to lose that - however, I recognise the overall benefits of the new stadium. We move on, progress etc.

A new stadium doesn't mean you have to be far away from the action, the Allianz Arena for instance must have seats closer to the pitch than ours as well as seats at a steeper gradient.

A new stadium doesn't mean you have to be far away from the action, the Allianz Arena for instance must have seats closer to the pitch than ours as well as seats at a steeper gradient.

According to their website the seats are 7.5m at the closest point, with a 24 degree gradient on the lower tier.

From the other stadium thread.
99571244-Suprastadio-sport-large_trans++uPWyIgZxRyxNFWH7juMhtDA9q61DsH-F81jLq6vg5wE.png

Big capacity...close to the pitch.??? Ridiculously high?

Wouldn't fancy some Russian hooligan ambush happning in those upper tiers.....the only way is down:(

Looks cool, is that actually a real stadium?

No. Its a 'concept stadium'. Based on a semi-circular stand where the load is balanced upon itself! No one's actually tried building it. But looks awesome. According to computers it should stand up...

Back