• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

Tottenham plan to host NFL and Premier League games on same day

Tottenham Hotspur chairman Daniel Levy hopes to host NFL games in the club's new 61,000-seater stadium when it opens in 2018 and said it is "realistic" that a Premier League game and an NFL game could take place at the ground on the same day.

One potential problem for the idea is that football is played on grass and American football on a synthetic surface, but Mark Waller, the NFL's executive vice president of international, thinks that can be overcome.

Waller told ESPN's Ashley Fox: "One of the idle thoughts we have at the moment is would you really be able to play an NFL game and an EPL [English Premier League] game on the same day as a double header?"

"It wouldn't be absolutely out of the question. I don't think you'd want to do it on a regular basis, but on a unique feature, that might be a really interesting idea."

Levy added: "I don't think it's something we'd want to try our first game, but that is certainly realistic. How exciting the idea of having the two biggest leagues in the world from a television perspective -- fantastic! -- play on the same day."

The idea is something Levy is taking seriously and he believes he is tenacious enough to make the ambitious project happen.

"I have lived and breathed this project from Day One," Levy said. "It is absolutely my ambition to make this work. When I first started talking about it internally at the club, again, I think people around me thought I was mad as well. I guess it's my tenacity to get it done because there were many times with the NFL where there wasn't going to be an arrangement. We just kept going back and saying, 'What about this? What about that?'

"When we first went to them, we went to them with the idea of a joint stadium in some shape or form without going through all the details at that stage.

"As we sat down and we went through all the operations, we worked out, 'What does the NFL need? What does soccer need?' Basically we had a checklist of all the various things we wanted to achieve, and then at the end of the day it was the best solution.

"It's not an easy solution, and we've had lots of technologies involved with the design and the various prototypes because not only do we have to get the surface right for the NFL but it also has to be right for soccer."

Levy has previously said the NFL is involved in "every aspect" of the club's new stadium.

Tottenham will play their Champions League home games at Wembley this season and can use the national stadium as a temporary home next campaign.

http://www.espnfc.us/tottenham-hots...host-nfl-and-premier-league-games-on-same-day

Who the fudge are going to watch American football in England? I can see the money side of things, but I hate the concept with a passion. fudge American football, the dullest sport in the history of mankind (it's like there's a throw in or a foul every five seconds). Watching the summer Olympics is more fun, and that says a lot.

Sorry, derailing. New stadium will be swell, haha.

Who the fudge are going to watch American football in England? I can see the money side of things, but I hate the concept with a passion. fudge American football, the dullest sport in the history of mankind (it's like there's a throw in or a foul every five seconds). Watching the summer Olympics is more fun, and that says a lot.

Sorry, derailing. New stadium will be swell, haha.
They sell put every Wembley game in minutes, there are hundreds of thousands of NFL fans in the UK

I can't stand NFL, but my son and his mates always go to the games at Wembley and they sellout. He's bought the 3 match season ticket for this year at Wembley and Twickenham it will be a money maker.

I think there's a growing UK audience for it, and if NFL throw marketing power into it then it will have a strong chance of pulling in sufficient numbers.

They sell put every Wembley game in minutes, there are hundreds of thousands of NFL fans in the UK

Goes to show how much I know, haha. Each to their own. It doesn't matter beyond us going to make money from it. I just don't get the game, so many stops and breaks it makes my head hurt, but each to their own. :)

Who gives a fudge? If it works, and doesn't affect the football, win win.

The ideal is that it slowly fizzles out over the next decade, we say thanks for all the rent that paid our build costs, and we use the plastic occasionally for concerts. We can then use the other enormous changing rooms as extra player/board parking or something.

The ideal is that it slowly fizzles out over the next decade, we say thanks for all the rent that paid our build costs, and we use the plastic occasionally for concerts. We can then use the other enormous changing rooms as extra player/board parking or something.

Like that's going to happen

How many American dollars tied up with marketing Kabaddi? Millions of people in this nation have allowed themselves to be brainwashed into wannabe yanks so they can wear their baseball caps while eating their Big Mac with their Starbucks coffee watching Friends or Sex in the City. They say jump we say how high.

Who gives a fudge? If it works, and doesn't affect the football, win win.

That is what matters, i did go to a few NFL games when i was working in the States but soon got bored of them. Watching a 60 minute game that actually lasts three hours is not my cup of tea.

How many American dollars tied up with marketing Kabaddi? Millions of people in this nation have allowed themselves to be brainwashed into wannabe yanks so they can wear their baseball caps while eating their Big Mac with their Starbucks coffee watching Friends or Sex in the City. They say jump we say how high.

There are 1.5m British Indians and it's a huge emerging economy. The IPL very quickly became the EPL of cricket.

I'm not sure plastic yanks really exist outside a few part of inner London. The working classes in northern cities have plenty of confidence in their own identity, or at least a 'i know what i like and i like what i know' mentality.

They know exactly who their target audience is for their initial push. London has the largest population with people in the age bracket and disposable cash for their product and it has good transport links for europe where there are also customers. NFL know the over 40's are unlikely to go unless they are already a fan. People from the sub-continent rarely go to sporting events despite their love of the game, my neighbour is Indian loves cricket but never goes, my sons cricket team have 4 lads from Pakistani families and only one of them goes to watch matches and that's only if Pakistan are playing.

Kabaddi, for the younger of our members, is a game where the player operating with the ball must repeat the word "kabaddi".

This really does restrict the ability to swear at one's opponent or the officials, so was never likely to catch on.

Why on earth is that ideal?....Surely the ideal is that a successful UK franchise plays there for many years, this generating further exposure and funds for THFC?

The ideal for short-sighted navel gazers, perhaps.
Few others.

Why on earth is that ideal?....Surely the ideal is that a successful UK franchise plays there for many years, this generating further exposure and funds for THFC?

To stop our pitch being messed up and our identity potentially eroded (2025 we become London McMonarchs FC franchise).

Much better they lose their money on a duff bet, and we are the bookmaker.

Back