• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

So we are seeking planning permission for 66,250 capacity. Is that in case of safe standing? So it would be a lower capacity like 61k but in case safe standing comes in, we won't have to apply for consent from the council? Or are we seeking a 66.25K seated capacity?

Edit: Later the fella says 61k capacity.

Last edited:
The Populous guy in that council meet has said pitch will cut into three.

My guess is that it will tuck under the South stand like a layer cake.

The first piece arrives under the stand then gets dropped down, then second piece sits ontop and drops then the final piece just sits ontop with no dropping.
Under last two layers attached is heat sunlight lamps to shine on first two under, whilst for the last piece.. there is lighting that is always sitting there.
Tried to show this in diagram
etip94.jpg

I thought the blueprints from a couple of months back showed an area roughly the size of a football pitch which it would slot in to (covering the stand and the area outside)

Once
The Populous guy in that council meet has said pitch will cut into three.

My guess is that it will tuck under the South stand like a layer cake.

The first piece arrives under the stand then gets dropped down, then second piece sits ontop and drops then the final piece just sits ontop with no dropping.
Under last two layers attached is heat sunlight lamps to shine on first two under, whilst for the last piece.. there is lighting that is always sitting there.
Tried to show this in diagram
etip94.jpg

Once again the following picture is stolen from Sky scraper city.
mMt2b01.jpg

It's worth pointing out that the revised planning also included provision for underground parking, and that area to the south has all the hallmarks of underground parking. But it's hard to tell without more info... that mock-up from Skyscraper City is just speculative (though it could be correct).

Not sure how that would work leaving parts of the pitch behind. My version would mean it doesn't need to be dropped in the stand, hence the underground parking, but dropped in the area between the hotel/flats and the South stand. Or it could be stacked above ground should the area be big enough.

I came up with it when thinking and remembering the retractable seating that fits against the wall

Strangely that image above has three strips of green as though the pitch is in 3... but leaving 2 bits behind?!

Cutting into three would not make sense and it would be easier to move the whole thing as one piece if that drawing was correct surely

Cutting into three would not make sense and it would be easier to move the whole thing as one piece if that drawing was correct surely
There's no way to fit an entire football pitch under a structure like a stadium stand (and block of flats)... not without splitting it in some way to allow for support columns.

There's no way to fit an entire football pitch under a structure like a stadium stand (and block of flats)... not without splitting it in some way to allow for support columns.

Most likely this. I don't think they'll be stacked, just moved as three separate pieces. Probably faster than moving the whole thing. It apparently takes 4 hours (and costs €12,000) to move Schalke's pitch. Their support columns are removable and in theory not necessary, though probably nice to have when everyone starts bouncing around.

Back