• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

Your-Ecstatic-Joy.gif

Holy fudge!!, it's real!! Levy is a fudgeing genious! Also worth noting, it's a minimum of two games a year, could easily be more.

but statement says they are looking at other sites around the country too as part of the 10 year agreement...

What's that clown had to say?
Boris Johnson, the Mayor of London, welcomed the agreement.

"Anyone who has seen American Football at Wembley Stadium cannot fail to have been thrilled by the spectacle, and the wise heads that run the NFL have clearly not missed the fact that Londoners are going absolutely gangbusters for Gridiron," Johnson said.

"We are already working very closely with the NFL, including on plans to get more Londoners involved in the sport, and we believe that building on the success of NFL at Wembley by staging more games in an area of the city that has been earmarked for a massive program of economic regeneration and investment makes perfect sense."

"Touchdowns in Tottenham can only add to our reputation as a global sporting powerhouse, and help us take another step towards our goal of having a permanent NFL franchise here in London."

but statement says they are looking at other sites around the country too as part of the 10 year agreement...
Yes it does, but We'll have the only "NFL adapted" stadium as of yet. Could easily see them prefer us for more than two games per year.

But it's all speculation on my part.

there have been rumours, both in the city and the United States, that Mark Zuckerberg, the chairman and chief executive of Facebook, could be involved with a group of Californian group of investors

So the Facebook Arena then? ;)

Nike do all the NFL shirts so it could be them.

Im not a fan of Stadium naming rights. But if it is to be done to better the team then at lets sign a very long contract for it. Nothing worse than some of the stadiums here that are changing names all the time now due to losing their sponsorship.

Also this must be tricking in terms of timing etc. We are trying to get possible NFL games to our new stadium. This would take some away from Wembley?? so losing them income? but at the same time we are in timid negotiations to use Wembley whilst our stadium is being constructed? that is akward.

I think it's quite possible that Levy will go down in history as the greatest chairman this club has ever had.
Not just our greatest chairman, but the greatest chairman ever.
For those who moan at Levy, the difference in our club from where Enic took over to where we are now, is night and day.
Can't believe it....

Also this must be tricking in terms of timing etc. We are trying to get possible NFL games to our new stadium. This would take some away from Wembley?? so losing them income? but at the same time we are in timid negotiations to use Wembley whilst our stadium is being constructed? that is akward.

"The NFL has two seasons remaining on a successful arrangement with Wembley Stadium, where it has so far staged 11 games since 2007, and is optimistic that the relationship will be extended beyond 2016."

They're probably looking to increase the number of games in Europe though.

I was heading out, but I also want to see those plans as soon as they're unveiled. Hmm, this is the Tottenham web team after all. I think I'll risk it.

Back