• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

Actually gave it a thought.

I live in london. I want to go from point a to point b. I have choices.

- walk.
- cycle.
- public transport.
- taxi.
- drive.

How does the car driving itself effect that?

It's that it doesn't need to be parked near you, or parked anywhere at all. You hail a communal one and it takes you directly to where you want to. They also takes children/the elderly who can't drive themselves.

Taking the exact number of people from exactly where they are, to exactly where they want to be is massively more efficient than walking from a, to get bus to b, to get train to c, to get bus to d, to walk to e.

It's that less than 10% of all cars are on the road at any one time. You take all the parked ones out of the equation.

So these self driving cars never have to charge or drop off passengers? They just disappear after your journey?

Stop listening to elon musk. It's bs.

It's that it doesn't need to be parked near you, or parked anywhere at all. You hail a communal one and it takes you directly to where you want to. They also takes children/the elderly who can't drive themselves.

Taking the exact number of people from exactly where they are, to exactly where they want to be is massively more efficient than walking from a, to get bus to b, to get train to c, to get bus to d, to walk to e.

More efficient for the person maybe. If there was no traffic. But if those hundred or so people are all in driverless cars (millions per day across the city) . Instead of uding other means. It won't reduce traffic, it would create gridlock.

Was thinking, why don't we have a Tottenham pre-season cup like the goons? Probably because we make a load more in Asia. But running an extra 5 games in pre-season with some other teams, must be highly profitable. Lower ticket prices, but with all the f&b, must be worth 10m+

I wonder what the goons made from their pre-season cups.

More efficient for the person maybe. If there was no traffic. But if those hundred or so people are all in driverless cars (millions per day across the city) . Instead of uding other means. It won't reduce traffic, it would create gridlock.

No need to find anywhere to park, which is where most congestion derives from. Vehicles exactly the right size for the number of passengers (including in effect personal mini-buses for larger parties). So no 5 seaters with 1 passenger, or 60 seater buses with 3 people on them. It will make an enormous difference.

So these self driving cars never have to charge or drop off passengers? They just disappear after your journey?

Stop listening to elon musk. It's bs.

Same as taxis now. They do a virtual moving drop off. And small neighbour ranks exist for them at low demand times/to charge. But that's in exchange for every driveway, on road parking place and carpark being returned to other uses.

No need to find anywhere to park, which is where most congestion derives from. Vehicles exactly the right size for the number of passengers (including in effect personal mini-buses for larger parties). So no 5 seaters with 1 passenger, or 60 seater buses with 3 people on them. It will make an enormous difference.

How do you get the vehichle to fill up to maximum? With everyone going on the same route?

Same as taxis now. They do a virtual moving drop off. And small neighbour ranks exist for them at low demand times/to charge. But that's in exchange for every driveway, on road parking place and carpark being returned to other uses.

What is a virtual moving drop off?

So they'd be parked? While they're charging? At low demand times. Like most parked cars are parked at low demand times.

What is a virtual moving drop off?

So they'd be parked? While they're charging? At low demand times. Like most parked cars are parked at low demand times.

But there's only 1/10th of the current cars there are now. So small neighbour ranks, mainly for overnight. And moving drop-off, just like taxis do now. A pull over, rather than a park.

But there's only 1/10th of the current cars there are now. So small neighbour ranks, mainly for overnight. And moving drop-off, just like taxis do now. A pull over, rather than a park.

Where are you getting these numbers from? 1/10th how?

Basically you are saying driverless cars will be able to pick up multiple people, take them to a destination and drop them off without parking. That's called a bus.

Like elon musks hyperloop is a tunnel. Just for cars. We have the underground already. Far more efficient.

Now put pressure on tfl to get a tube station at northumberland park. Lammy has been calling for it for years. Well you are in government now. Get it sorted.
Should be such an easy win. The trains already run there, it just needs some pre-fab concrete platforms chucking down and a basic concourse.

So close and yet so far…

Was thinking, why don't we have a Tottenham pre-season cup like the goons? Probably because we make a load more in Asia. But running an extra 5 games in pre-season with some other teams, must be highly profitable. Lower ticket prices, but with all the f&b, must be worth 10m+

I wonder what the goons made from their pre-season cups.
Yeah I guess each game is like £2-3m assuming the non spurs games sell out. However you will mainly be playing to the same people you play to all season. Our concerted effort to build on Son by going to South Korea is likely to have lasting impact by building the support out there, be interesting to see shirt numbers sold by country. Anyone got numbers on the spurs impact/support in South Korea?

I know we have are are getting the number of non footballing events increase.

I wonder if some of those will have to be reduced capacity?

Back