• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tom Carroll

I guess he replacing De Guzman (sort of) and does fit in with their passing philosophy.
They are sort of CM .

Failed to sign De Guzman , Pozuelo joined Rayo and Canas is returning to Spain too.

That left:

Britton , Ki, Shelvey , Sigurdssson .

Good move for Carroll , really hope he cherish this chance .

This will be the making, or breaking, of his career. Thrive with his loan spell and he will really prove himself as a top level player. If he fails, he'll be Championship fodder at best.

Good move for him, very important that he has got a Prem move finally. Hope he get a playing time. Do sort of feel Swansea is round his level though.

Today yes. However if he improves from where is he is then he can go higher. I've always thought that he doesnt hurt teams enough with his passing ie he tends to play a lot of sideways and sometimes easy passes rather than more penetrative balls. I know people will say that MOdric plays the ball before the final ball and that Carroll is probably similar....

I also though dont think there's a huge difference between him and Wil****e (who admittedly I think is the most over-rated player in England)

i think he will do a Livermore....he will fit in at swansea and surprise a few and next summer join them permanently for 6-8 mill

Today yes. However if he improves from where is he is then he can go higher. I've always thought that he doesnt hurt teams enough with his passing ie he tends to play a lot of sideways and sometimes easy passes rather than more penetrative balls. I know people will say that MOdric plays the ball before the final ball and that Carroll is probably similar....

I also though dont think there's a huge difference between him and Wil****e (who admittedly I think is the most over-rated player in England)

From what I've seen, I wouldn't say Carroll was any better than Leon britton .

That'd do very nicely. £16m for Livermore and Carroll would be great business for us!!

With Caulker as well, that will cover the cost of the new training ground.

Testament to the big improvement initiated by McDermott and Inglethorpe over the past 5-10 years.

They are sort of CM .

Failed to sign De Guzman , Pozuelo joined Rayo and Canas is returning to Spain too.

That left:

Britton , Ki, Shelvey , Sigurdssson .

Good move for Carroll , really hope he cherish this chance .

I reckon they will regret letting pozuelo go..

Sad to see him go, think he's got a lot to give.
Good club to go to, he'll fit in well and perform in a good passing side. Probably won't want to come back.

This will be the making, or breaking, of his career. Thrive with his loan spell and he will really prove himself as a top level player. If he fails, he'll be Championship fodder at best.

Ridiculous hypothesis.

But yeah the move makes a lot of sense, the kid has obviously got talent and I'm a very big fan of the player from what I've seen of him through his career. Hopefully he'll settle well and start racking up the minutes in the premier league, we've already seen him at that level in brief glimpses and I'm confident for his future, hopefully it'll be with Spurs.

Great move for him

Takes our squad down to about 29 over 21s now too.

Hopefully it will work out and he will get a lot of game time. Their style of play should suit him well, but on the other hand they have a lot of players that fit their style of play. I remember it was seen as a good move for the supposedly talented McEachran when he was loaned there from Chelsea, but he was an unused sub most of the time and did him no good I think. With Ki, Britton, Shelvey, Sig etc there's quite a bit of competition for places from proven PL players, some of them Swansea will want to develop for themselves. Carroll will have to do well to make himself first choice, if he can though and stand out in that crowd it will be a great step forward for him.

Sad to see him go, think he's got a lot to give.
Good club to go to, he'll fit in well and perform in a good passing side. Probably won't want to come back.

Why wouldn't he want to come back? What would be different from Caulker, Townsend, Walker, Naughton, Kane etc?

Even if we have our worst season in a decade and finish 14th and Swansea have their best PL season ever and secure EL football we will be a bigger club and we will be his club. If he does well enough to be considered a real contender for regular first team football at Spurs I'm very confident he will be delighted to come back.

Why wouldn't he want to come back? What would be different from Caulker, Townsend, Walker, Naughton, Kane etc?

Even if we have our worst season in a decade and finish 14th and Swansea have their best PL season ever and secure EL football we will be a bigger club and we will be his club. If he does well enough to be considered a real contender for regular first team football at Spurs I'm very confident he will be delighted to come back.

Just like Caulker he's very likey to opt to leave in favour of a club interested in playing him.

Other than the run of EL games Harry gave him, we've shown very little interest in him.

We seemed more than happy to sell caulker for the price, if we didn't want to sell him we wouldn't have done, exactly the same applies to Carroll.

Back