• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tom Carroll

I think he's a wonderful prospect and have liked him for a long time. I know they value him at the club, I hope he has the psychology to step up and take games by the scruff...a loan would be great.

Tom Carroll has been offered to Ajax on loan for one year after Tottenham completed the £11.5million signing of Christian Eriksen.

Spurs midfielder Carroll is wanted on loan by Barclays Premier League new-boys Crystal Palace for the season, but four-time Champions League winners Ajax are considering the England Under 21 man as a temporary replacement for Eriksen, who moved to north London on Friday.

Spurs rate Carroll so highly that they believe he will be a first team player at White Hart Lane if he spends a season on loan at a top club.

Carroll was offered as a sweetener in the deal to bring Danish midfielder Eriksen to Spurs as Andre Villas-Boas prepares for an attempt to win the Premier League title.

The Spurs midfielder, who impressed in the Europa League tie at the Lane on Thursday night, will get experience at the highest level if he moves to Ajax.

They are back in the Champions League group stages and have mouth-watering games against Celtic, Barcelona and Milan to come.

They also compete at the very highest level in their domestic league and Spurs believe it will help his development to play for a technical team on the continent.

Champions League football will give Carroll the big game experience he needs and he will be able to learn more under coach Frank de Boer, assistant Dennis Bergkamp and technical director Marc Overmars.

Tottenham want Carroll to gain more experience, but they have been stunned by his progress in the past few months and are convinced he is first team material.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2407574/Tom-Carroll-offered-Ajax-loan.html

If he manages to get a solid year of first team football under his belt, he will be brilliant. Of that I have no doubt. He's the most intelligent academy-grown player we've had for a long time. Reads the game well, distributes the ball efficiently and has great passing technique. Can tackle decently as well, despite his slim stature. And if he actually ends up playing for Ajax...wow. One of Europe's most technical teams, renowned for producing fabulous footballers and adhering to a quick-passing philosophy that will suit him down to the ground. There is no way this will not aid his development immensely, should it come to pass. And he gets to spend a year abroad, sample some of Amsterdam's many delights and grow as a person and a footballer. Seems a no-brainer to me, unless Ajax aren't really interested.

If he manages to get a solid year of first team football under his belt, he will be brilliant. Of that I have no doubt. He's the most intelligent academy-grown player we've had for a long time. Reads the game well, distributes the ball efficiently and has great passing technique. Can tackle decently as well, despite his slim stature. And if he actually ends up playing for Ajax...wow. One of Europe's most technical teams, renowned for producing fabulous footballers and adhering to a quick-passing philosophy that will suit him down to the ground. There is no way this will not aid his development immensely, should it come to pass. And he gets to spend a year abroad, sample some of Amsterdam's many delights and grow as a person and a footballer. Seems a no-brainer to me, unless Ajax aren't really interested.

This.

The BEST bit of it is that he gets to develop without pressure. Last season I was willing AVB to play him more as I felt he was what we needed. Technically he was, but yes, he still needs a bit more time. I think this is a wonderful move and really hope it works out.

Not as glamorous but probably more realistic. Would this be better than Crystal Palace? I would tend to think so...

Tottenham's Tom Carroll set for Redknapp reunion with transfer to QPR
31 Aug 2013 22:28

Harry Redknapp is set to be reunited with another of his old Tottenham players with Tom Carroll poised to join QPR on loan, writes Dean Jones of the Sunday People. Crystal Palace and Watford were keen on the midfielder – but linking up with a manager who already knows his game has pushed him towards Loftus Road. Andros Townsend has made a flying start at White Hart Lane after spending last season on loan at QPR, and Tottenham boss Andre Villas-Boas hopes for a similar progression.

Would love to see Carroll get a run of games at Ajax and return to us (with some CL experience and an Eredivisie winners medal) to become as important a part of our first team as Vertonghen.

Twitter / WhoScored: Tom Carroll: Completed a pass every 55.7 seconds last season. In Europe's top 5 leagues only Xavi and Thiago did so more often (5+ apps)

Not as glamorous but probably more realistic. Would this be better than Crystal Palace? I would tend to think so...

Tottenham's Tom Carroll set for Redknapp reunion with transfer to QPR
31 Aug 2013 22:28

Harry Redknapp is set to be reunited with another of his old Tottenham players with Tom Carroll poised to join QPR on loan, writes Dean Jones of the Sunday People. Crystal Palace and Watford were keen on the midfielder – but linking up with a manager who already knows his game has pushed him towards Loftus Road. Andros Townsend has made a flying start at White Hart Lane after spending last season on loan at QPR, and Tottenham boss Andre Villas-Boas hopes for a similar progression.

I was hoping he would get a slightly higher profile loan deal, but Redknapp did well with Townsend last season and will know all about Carroll's strengths.

Half a season in the Championship at a well managed QPR side might see him impress enough to get a PL loan in the second half of the season like Walker did when moving from QPR to Villa.

Like you I think it might be better for him to move to QPR. A top team in the Championship might be a better experience than a back against the wall team in the PL. Seems to be a similar approach to what we've done when sending some of our young lads to Swindon instead of the Championship.

Good as it would be to see Tom play regularly for CL side Ajax on loan, why do we think he would automatically get a run out for Ajax when he is not getting one in our front side. Seems a bit cheeky to me.

Personally, I'd rather seem him play for us this season. From the first time I saw him in Spurs shirt I believed he had the potential to play in the Premiership, and it is about time we gave him a regular run out. He could be a Modric replacement given a chance.

Don't wanna see Carroll anywhere near the Championship.
Its hardly a league that will suit him. I don't think it will help his development in the slightest.

Jamie on SSN says Harry is looking at Kranjcar and a loan for Carroll. I can't see Tom getting regular starts at any EPL side. Is Ajax realistic?

Loans outside the EPL can be made after today so if no EPL loan today QPR looks likely.

Jamie on SSN says Harry is looking at Kranjcar and a loan for Carroll. I can't see Tom getting regular starts at any EPL side. Is Ajax realistic?

Loans outside the EPL can be made after today so if no EPL loan today QPR looks likely.

I think he'd be better off staying here and play Europa League and League Cup games and coming on as sub when he's needed.
I'd rather him in the side than Dembele right now. And Capoue is out for a while.

I think he'd be better off staying here and play Europa League and League Cup games and coming on as sub when he's needed.
I'd rather him in the side than Dembele right now. And Capoue is out for a while.

Couldnt agree more. We have plenty of cup competitions for him to play in.

I disagree. I think the best thing for Carroll right now is to play competitive first team football every week. The Europa League is too stop start to offer that.

If Harry wants him, and will play him, let him go. He would play at a reasonable high level week in, week out. Good for him!

Not going to Ajax by the looks of it, replaced Eriksen

BBC

European football writer Andy Brassell: "In the Netherlands, Ajax have just confirmed the signing of midfielder Lerin Duarte from Heracles, and that he'll inherit the number eight shirt left behind by Christian Eriksen when the Dane upped sticks to join Tottenham.

Back