• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Toby Alderweireld

Will be interesting to see if Toby turns up for pre season training today along with all the other world cup semi finalists ( and Hugo the winner too ). Even if it is to clear out his locker;)

Will be interesting to see if Toby turns up for pre season training today along with all the other world cup semi finalists ( and Hugo the winner too ). Even if it is to clear out his locker;)

He posted on twitter over the weekend that he was looking forward to going back to training with 'his club' on Monday

OK mate.

Honestly, I cannot argue with either that or you.

Your commitment to negative projections, spun-negative memories and a negative outcome in the near and further futures is both breath-taking and curiously intriguing. I think the capper for me is that you actually said you are "waiting" and have "barely said anything - outside (of) this issue"...

Eh. I'll be honest, mate - I expected you to go 'You're too negative, I can't argue with you' at some point in this discussion. You tend to end our arguments like that a lot these days, so I wasn't expecting anything substantial, even while providing concrete examples and implications for you to look at.

Only thing I will say is this - I really am waiting. Outside of this thread, I've barely been here this summer. And I think it's unfair for you to suggest otherwise.

Pressure tactics or given up the chase for Toby, I wonder.

Bit of both?

Boateng is much more a Mourinho buy than Maguire IMHO, so I wouldnt be at all surprised if they were lining up a deal there.

If it forces us to play ball then great for them, if not then Boateng will work for them anyway...

Bit of both?

Boateng is much more a Mourinho buy than Maguire IMHO, so I wouldnt be at all surprised if they were lining up a deal there.

If it forces us to play ball then great for them, if not then Boateng will work for them anyway...
Yeah maybe. If they do choose Boateng (or Maguire) then I guess that might rule out Martial heading our way. I'll be a little disappointed with that but on the other hand, Toby might extend his deal with Spurs by a few years, which is good news too.

Yeah maybe. If they do choose Boateng (or Maguire) then I guess that might rule out Martial heading our way. I'll be a little disappointed with that but on the other hand, Toby might extend his deal with Spurs by a few years, which is good news too.

If Martial wasnt on the table I could well see us pushing Palace for Zaha, which Id be happy with (though certainly not disappointed with Martial!).

Im very open to Alderweireld staying, if he does anything can happen - like you say a new contract even, and if he doesnt a years service out of him would be welcome even if we dont profit so much in the summer.

If Martial wasnt on the table I could well see us pushing Palace for Zaha, which Id be happy with (though certainly not disappointed with Martial!).

Im very open to Alderweireld staying, if he does anything can happen - like you say a new contract even, and if he doesnt a years service out of him would be welcome even if we dont profit so much in the summer.
I could live with that too. However I would like us to go for De Ligt now irrespective. If he is that good then lets not lose the opportunity to sign him.

I read Dembele rejected a move to Inter and will play out his final year. That is not confirmed of course but it would somewhat kick our midfield issue down the road another season.

Rose. Well who wants him?

Basically, nobody leaving or coming in is not a disaster scenario IMO.

Thats the issue i have with the LevyOut / EnicOut phalanx that have got very noisy this week.

When they came in we were a mid-table team that flirted with relegation, we are the only club that have got into the top tier of club football without the financial doping. So unless the complaint is i want to be brought by a billionaire who throws money about then i don't see the hatred.

They aren't asset stripping the club, we have had a general curve upwards. It feels like the criticism is from fans from abroad that don't see the stadium or modern football lot who scream at wanting a 100mil striker, but then sing "harry kane he is one of our own"

They get noisy about this time EVERY season, there is one on here ( mentioning no names) who sits at his abacus table looking at his vodoo doll of Levy sticking his pins into it and droning on typing his war and peace posts.

Never changes and i doubt it/he ever will.

In fairness to Davies, he is not a CB and cannot really shift into being one unless he has a Verts/Sanchez alongside him. Even then he's best kept at left-back!

I'm beginning to think that Toby, Rose and Dembele could all be here come Friday morning. Still leaves three weeks to shift them abroad...although can't see Rose wanting to go anywhere over there. Maybe Sweden or Norway - they are both up north.
But he’ll have to google those countries...

United can put all the “pressure” on us they feckin like. We are in no rush to sell, unless Poch and Toby have had a massive falling out and can’t be in the same room as each other. We still have a year for them to bury the hatchet and to iron out a new deal. Their arrogance is breathtaking. I’ve seen reports of Jose being “open” to a double deal for Toby and Rose. fudging laughable. Like we only exist purely as a farm system for MUFC.

Martial in return or fudge off. I’d be amazed if Levy isn’t asking for that. Not that he would say it in that way of course.

Back