• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Toby Alderweireld

CInCp_xUYAAM9_E.jpg

Some slow-burning stuff to keep this thread going:

http://www.mundodeportivo.com/futbo...ld.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

El Tottenham prepara 25 millones de euros por Alderweireld
  • El belga se marchará a White Hart Lane, a pesar del interés del Sotuhampton y el Chelsea. Sólo falta el acuerdo entre el Atlético y el club londinense.

Google translate gives me this:

Alderweireld is close to Tottenham . A few days ago from the British press reported that Toby would have chosen the club White Hart Lane to play next season. In principle, just missing the agreement between the Spurs and Atletico Madrid . The English prepared an offer of 25 million euros for the player according to the British press, one irresistible offer for the mattress interests.

Both Southampton as Chelsea have struggled to his hiring in recent months after the great campaign that has been done in the Premier where he has played on loan at the 'Saints ', but everything indicates that the Belgian central end up playing in theTottenham . A club that coincide with some of his fellow Belgian team as Vertonghen ,Dembelé or Chadli .

And that the Atletico Madrid could be interested in selling the player at Chelsea to cut around Filipe Luis to the banks of the Manzanares . But the player has elected to another set of London .

Although the Southampton are willing to fight for a player who has left a good feeling in his only season there. Coach Ronald Koeman promised to try his recruitment to the end. "We want to keep here to Alderweireld , but Athletic has not cooperated. It will not be easy, but I hope that Toby will stay, "he said in the Dutch press.

Additionally, some S'oton fan over on Saintsweb claimed about an hour ago that HLN Sport, a Belgian tabloid (http://www.hln.be/) was reporting that Levy had flown out to Madrid for talks over Alderweireld: not sure about the veracity of that one, given that a search on their page doesn't bring up anything relating to Levy and Alderweireld, and their twitter feed isn't carrying that news either.

25 mill euros. Thats 10 mill more than what he is worth

25 mill euros. Thats 10 mill more than what he is worth

Eh. One of the best CBs in the Premier League last season, part of the PL's second-best defensive line in 2014/2015, established international, entering the prime of his career at 26, and with Atletico not in any particular hurry when it comes to deciding whether he stays or he goes (given their somewhat pressing CB shortage with Miranda leaving)....I'd say 15-17.5 million quid is eminently fair.

Whether we truly need him is another question, of course. As is what would happen to Fazio if he did sign.

Eh. One of the best CBs in the Premier League last season, part of the PL's second-best defensive line in 2014/2015, established international, entering the prime of his career at 26, and with Atletico not in any particular hurry when it comes to deciding whether he stays or he goes (given their somewhat pressing CB shortage with Miranda leaving)....I'd say 15-17.5 million quid is eminently fair.

Whether we truly need him is another question, of course. As is what would happen to Fazio if he did sign.

he looked good in a very well organised and coached defence which was protected by 2 dedicated defensive mids. We have to keep this in mind.

I think 12 mill pounds is a very fair figure for him. Atletico dont even want him, i mean if he was that good they would be doing all they can to keep him and use him. On the contrary, they cant wait to get rid.

It todays football most ( if not all) fees are over the top so this one will be no different. What we need to know is will he make us stronger and my opinion is he will.
He's better than any of our centre backs - I really don't see what the issue is with bringing him in. Sell one of the weaker ones, they are good enough to be saleable assets and command a decent fee. Its not rocket science....

It todays football most ( if not all) fees are over the top so this one will be no different. What we need to know is will he make us stronger and my opinion is he will.

thats what most were saying about Lovren last summer and begging Levy to do the deal no matter what

Like i said, 25 mill euros is too much for a defender who was effective because of the defensive unit as a whole and how well they were coached and protected in front of them. I doubt Aldeweireld will look as good for us

He's better than any of our centre backs - I really don't see what the issue is with bringing him in. Sell one of the weaker ones, they are good enough to be saleable assets and command a decent fee. Its not rocket science....

I think Jan is our best CB but will be better with his old playing partner with him.

thats what most were saying about Lovren last summer and begging Levy to do the deal no matter what

Like i said, 25 mill euros is too much for a defender who was effective because of the defensive unit as a whole and how well they were coached and protected in front of them. I doubt Aldeweireld will look as good for us

Well many may have but not me, I always thought he was overated and the fact that Soldado made him look foolish was enough for me.

The point is its not really about how much we think a player is worth as all fees are out of perspective in todays game. The question we ( the club) should ask ourselves is will he improve us as a team ( and I think he will), others may disagree.

Well many may have but not me, I always thought he was overated and the fact that Soldado made him look foolish was enough for me.

The point is its not really about how much we think a player is worth as all fees are out of perspective in todays game. The question we ( the club) should ask ourselves is will he improve us as a team ( and I think he will), others may disagree.

Whilst i agree that whats important is whether the player inproves your team or not you have to take fees in to account when they have an effect on your budget - 25m on one player would effect how we can improve the rest of the team this window and for me that money can be spent better elsewhere

If TA signs, what will the pecking order be?

Vertonghen
Alderweireld
Dier
Wimmer
-----------
Fazio?

It has to be that Fazio is the one pushed down. We surely wouldn't stunt Dier's progress and I'm sure Wimmer wouldn't have swapped a starting place in the BL for being fifth choice at Spurs. Whoever is fifth will only even see bench time after a couple of injuries.

I thought Fazio was pretty shiit last year, but I'm a touch surprised we're appraently not going to stick with him. I can only imagine its him who is going to decisively lose out from this transfer, should it go through.

Whilst i agree that whats important is whether the player inproves your team or not you have to take fees in to account when they have an effect on your budget - 25m on one player would effect how we can improve the rest of the team this window and for me that money can be spent better elsewhere

I agree you have to take your budget into account when buying players, however we do not know what our budget is and its not as if we need to sign a load of players ( that has shown to be a silly policy). And there is no way that Toby will cost 25 mill anyway.

Back