• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Toby Alderweireld

I really don't want this player. I don't gave a flying fudge if is best mates with 'Verts'

This is a typical game of his. He had one good moment but makes a series of mistakes. He is very much a typical Spurs defender

I really don't want this player. I don't gave a flying fudge if is best mates with 'Verts'

This is a typical game of his. He had one good moment but makes a series of mistakes. He is very much a typical Spurs defender

1 part of the second best defences in the strongest league in the world :/

He is a very good defender who will add much needed pace and consistency to our centre halves. He has won leagues, is a competitor and very decent on the ball. He can also cover at RB and CM so he would be a great addition for 12m. The fact he won plaudits in the top perm defence last year should speak volumes for him.

Watching that game I don't see what he did so wrong. He won nearly every header, swept up well, was no nonsense at times, showed good positioning time and and time again. He used the ball well (even if it was a little direct at times) and looked to put in an assured display. He maybe could have done more for the goal but his job is to defend the front post and much credit has to go to the delivery and finish. For the money quoted its a no brainer.

Aren't you one of the people who consistently defended and even praised Fazio last season? At times he looked utterly out of his depth and was caught on the ball several times, lost the ball a lot, struggled with forwards moving off him, was at fault for goals and looked shaky in many games. I warmed to him as the season went on but I do not have much faith in him and if we are able to replace him with Toby then that represents good business. Our pressing system is unsuited to Fazio and I don't think he is even particularly suited to them Prem. He was overall decent for us last year but I think this would be a definite improvement.

Dier's better.

Possibly - Dier is a big big talent but lacks the experience and know how over a season. With him a fluid 3rd choice I think he will continue his development in a positive way. No idea on Wimmer but as a foursome that seems more balanced and a better fit for the side and our plans next year.

Perhaps Poch wants to play a 352? Walker and Rose are ideal in that sense! Jan,Fazio/Dier, and Alderweireld would be a pretty good 3.

What about footballing attributes? What does Vertonghen have that Alderweireld doesn't?

Vertonghen is a better footballer with the ball than Alderweireld, better in the tackle as well. Also better at intercepting the ball. Alderweireld on the other hand is better one on one, a bit quicker, a bit more physical as well even though is is slightly shorter in height.

Watching that game I don't see what he did so wrong.

0:21 wins header but heads directly to the other striker, luckily it is intercepted by the other centre half.
1:24 Best example of his Dawson like hoofball he repeats all through the game
3:34 goes completely missing. one of the number of times he is easily send the wrong way by opponents footwork
3:57 is ball side of the striker but is completely static and the striker nips in behind him to put the cross past the keeper
6:44 has a Chiriches style horrible touch of a high ball and plays the striker in and is saved by the keeper coming out

He's no better than what we have. We already have 6 centre halfs and 2 talented young centre halfs hoping to break through. I'm fed up of us stockpiling a series of average players.

There's a reason Lombaerts, Denayer (from fudging Celtic) and Van Buyten before that get played ahead of him for
Belgium. There's a reason Athletic Madrid want him gone. They were 2.58 points per game in the league without him in the side and 1.7 with him. He only ended up playing 10 games but he played in the 3 of the 4 they lost that season.

Aren't you one of the people who consistently defended and even praised Fazio last season? At times he looked utterly out of his depth and was caught on the ball several times, lost the ball a lot, struggled with forwards moving off him, was at fault for goals and looked shaky in many games. I warmed to him as the season went on but I do not have much faith in him and if we are able to replace him with Toby then that represents good business. Our pressing system is unsuited to Fazio and I don't think he is even particularly suited to them Prem. He was overall decent for us last year but I think this would be a definite improvement.

Hahahaha Where's the rolling icon gone.

http://www.glory-glory.co.uk/community/threads/federico-fazio.6756/page-7#post-618572
The only thing I want to hear from Fazio is him apologising for costing us the game.
Otherwise the club should be hiding him from interviews.

http://www.glory-glory.co.uk/community/threads/federico-fazio.6756/page-10#post-633743
The guy is slow, cant pass, and gets its wrong positionally all the time.

http://www.glory-glory.co.uk/community/threads/federico-fazio.6756/page-10#post-633788
By who?
He was highly rated on football manager and no more.
He was so good at Sevilla he got knocked out by Sevilla fans in a car park after a game telling him to "put his *******s into it".

The Fazio we all know.

He looked pretty average in the games he played for atletico but much better at Southampton

He is actually a similar player to Jan but is less silky and more blunt if that's a description

He reminds me of Cahill actually in the way he plays

What I can't understand is why we need him unless there are plans to sell others

What I would say is that he would improve the squad and arguably the first 11 if he settles in and plays enough

Think he's a good player but really cant see he's needed

Maybe we're going to loan Dier out to a lower half PL team to get a full season under his belt? Not saying thats what I would do but I cant see why on earth we need 5 CBs

There's a reason Lombaerts, Denayer (from fudgeing Celtic) and Van Buyten before that get played ahead of him forBelgium.

The reason was that Wilmots refused to move his standard RB out of position anymore. The same applies to Vertonghen on the left. Your point is?

Maybe we're going to loan Dier out to a lower half PL team to get a full season under his belt? Not saying thats what I would do but I cant see why on earth we need 5 CBs
Wimmer is far more likely if a loan move were to happen.

Meh, rather spend the money on a position we need. Next.
Answer me this: which two players will start at CB for us next year?

Last edited:
I'd assume Wimmer and Vertonghen.. If we get Alderweireld then it'll be he and Verts with Dier and Wimmer playing in Europe and occasionally rotating.. But where does that leave Federico?

The more you think about the purchase of Alderweireld the less it makes sense, unless we sell Fazio and Kaboul I doubt it'll happen.

Dont get this at all. We have 4 centre backs that are in the managers plans and 2 to sell and we are looking at getting another?? leaves no space for our own to come through the ranks as well.

We need a back up striker and another wing forward desperately. Yet we have bought a Centre Back, a right Back and are linked to another centre back. I know we shipped too many goals. but its not all about the defenders.

Back