• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The transfer thread

Makes sense signing promising forwards. They are the hardest to sign and command a premium.

How much are skilful players born/signed and how much are they developed? The challenge with us is how you get players the right amount of competitive games to develop.

Yep. Look at parrott. After last season he's probably worth £15-20m?

Obviously not all will work out but it should be profitable at the least.

Makes sense signing promising forwards. They are the hardest to sign and command a premium.

How much are skilful players born/signed and how much are they developed? The challenge with us is how you get players the right amount of competitive games to develop.
Skillful players are born. You don't teach invention and flair, a player either had it or doesn't. What you can do is teach a degree of consistency or harness that will in a team based manner but the simply had to have it on the first place.

I suspect he’ll go for about a third of that.
Why is that?
His record over in Holland for minutes per goal involvement is very good when you consider he played for a brick side
If he was a Dutch player clubs would be enquiring for sure and getting a high fee quoted
I’d compare him to Brian Brobbey who is valued at €35m on transfermrkt

Skillful players are born. You don't teach invention and flair, a player either had it or doesn't. What you can do is teach a degree of consistency or harness that will in a team based manner but the simply had to have it on the first place.

Huamans love to simplify. Its is x or y. When of course it is a mixture of many variables that makes someone elite. A huge component is development, learning, application, reflection, inspiration and guidance. Players like Kane were not born 'flair' players were they. No one really thought he was one to watch and would become one of the very best. His skill was leanrt and developed. Others like Maradona their skill was developed before formal training probably. Learnt as a kid having a ball at his feet all day long.

All skills are learned ultimately. A newborn baby is equipped with almost nothing. Everything from their arm movements to forming sounds is learned.

Huamans love to simplify. Its is x or y. When of course it is a mixture of many variables that makes someone elite. A huge component is development, learning, application, reflection, inspiration and guidance. Players like Kane were not born 'flair' players were they. No one really thought he was one to watch and would become one of the very best. His skill was leanrt and developed. Others like Maradona their skill was developed before formal training probably. Learnt as a kid having a ball at his feet all day long.

All skills are learned ultimately. A newborn baby is equipped with almost nothing. Everything from their arm movements to forming sounds is learned.
Kane isn't a flair player. That's the first big difference we have on what constitutes flair.

Kane is an incredible player but flair? Nope. Not for me.

I don't know if I even agree with your premise anyway because Kane was always a support striker in the youth ranks, ie. Someone who had good touch, decent vision and passing. What people thought he lacked was physicality and the ability to do what he did at a higher level, not those base abilities in the first place. Those qualities you're probably attributing to flair are qualities he already had before he even broke into the fist team.

To be clear what I mean by training it is, if we buy a player at 17, in terms of flair or creativity what they are is already what they can be. If they don't have those qualities by 20 they aren't going to add them by 25. It's done when you're 6-15.

If you watch youth football you see a lot of the qualities these players have already instilled them by that age. What making it takes is being able to perform at a higher difficulty level and against physically more challenging players. Not the addition of skills or abilities in the first place.

Why is that?
His record over in Holland for minutes per goal involvement is very good when you consider he played for a brick side
If he was a Dutch player clubs would be enquiring for sure and getting a high fee quoted
I’d compare him to Brian Brobbey who is valued at €35m on transfermrkt
Well it seems that transfermarkt themselves wouldn't.... (and seems I was generous in my "I suspect he'll go for about a third of that" assertion)
4.5 million euros

Kane isn't a flair player. That's the first big difference we have on what constitutes flair.

Kane is an incredible player but flair? Nope. Not for me.

I don't know if I even agree with your premise anyway because Kane was always a support striker in the youth ranks, ie. Someone who had good touch, decent vision and passing. What people thought he lacked was physicality and the ability to do what he did at a higher level, not those base abilities in the first place. Those qualities you're probably attributing to flair are qualities he already had before he even broke into the fist team.

To be clear what I mean by training it is, if we buy a player at 17, in terms of flair or creativity what they are is already what they can be. If they don't have those qualities by 20 they aren't going to add them by 25. It's done when you're 6-15.

If you watch youth football you see a lot of the qualities these players have already instilled them by that age. What making it takes is being able to perform at a higher difficulty level and against physically more challenging players. Not the addition of skills or abilities in the first place.

Your statement was "Skillful players are born". Flair is a red herring.

You are born with character, physical attributes, and various pre-dispositions, but the rest is learned imo. Which begs the question, how do we best develop these talents?

In Barca I think, kids live in and dedicate themselves to football. There are all sorts of approaches. Keeping the fun and 'ownership' - not making it too serious too early - must be challenging. How do you keep young people's freedom and invention when signing formal contracts and entering a big club? A lot of education squashes creativity by teaching the one way.

At the same time as singing these promising young players, we have to invest in the very best and brightest educators. Those that inspire, give creative freedom, support, and personalise learning...to get the most from these talents.

Part of that will be because his contract only has a year left.

He is a decent player, and I hope to see him in pre season along with Lankshear.

We have an option for another year don't we? Sure i read it somewhere. Although it might have been someone else.

Another striker in that league looks better - Troy Parrott i think he's called. Might be worth a punt if we could get him for a decent fee?

Where do you get your flimflam from? Gimenez scored 23 goals and got 6 assists to Parrots 10 goals 4 assist, its night and day the difference. Before you go on about the difference in teams Adebayo scored 10 goals in the premier league in a team that got relegated, doesn’t mean he is better than Isak does it?

Where do you get your flimflam from? Gimenez scored 23 goals and got 6 assists to Parrots 10 goals 4 assist, its night and day the difference. Before you go on about the difference in teams Adebayo scored 10 goals in the premier league in a team that got relegated, doesn’t mean he is better than Isak does it?
Well…. It’s why you should look at goal contributions per minute played

17 and 5 if you include the relegation playoff.

I'm not saying parrott is better than giminez or as good. Just that he might be worth more than €4.5m. Hg, club trained, year younger.

Back