• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The transfer thread

I don't get it?

I have high hopes that Spurs' bolstered think tank can unearth some gems.
Rather than buying at the top of the market, buy the guy who is about to explode onto the scene.

And in parallel, buy the guys on low wages.
Wages are way more important than people realise; we can afford 7 guys on mediocre wages rather than one guy on stupidly large wages.

Also if they don't work out we can get rid of them more easily.

This and this! I think it's really good that our wages to turnover ratio is as low as it is. That's been part of what's allowed us to spend consistently in recent years.

Transfer fees are more of an investment. May get some (or even more) of the money back, or at the least it gives us a player for several years. Wages are just money out of the club. I understand that's simplistic, I don't need the correction to realise that. But keeping our wages manageable is important.

Also the benefit of being able to offer improved contracts if the player shines securing them on longer deals here in the process. Vs someone already at a deal close to our biggest earners.

We need to be damned confident before signing someone with a big fee and big wages. The potential downsides are massive.

Was linked with Jonathan David at Lille again last night, apparently available for around €30m. Also being linked with Chelsea.

71 goals in 146 appearances in the league for Lille at 24 isn’t bad. Only has 10 assists so clearly an out and out striker and not a wide forward.

71 goals in 146 appearances in the league for Lille at 24 isn’t bad. Only has 10 assists so clearly an out and out striker and not a wide forward.
He's definitely a second or wide striker. His stats are skewed because he takes penalties.

Where you getting that from? From what I can see Lille play 4231 with David as the 1.

3 penalties this season too

I've not seen them this season, but Osimhen, followed by Burak Yilmaz, have recently been their central CFs, with David supporting from wide or deep.

Back