• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The transfer thread

Couldn’t you say the same about Bentancur/Kulu when we bought them from Juve?
Not quite the same; Chiesa is a household name in Italy, won trophies with the national team, his dad was a famous striker and international, a really big name player for the biggest club in Italy, and they want to get rid. More like Man U getting rid of Beckham. I don't know what his injury status/body condition is, but there must be a reason Juve want rid.

Why do you think Chiesa is being let go by Juve? If he was any good they would keep him. He lost it after his injury.

There are only a handful of forwards who would improve our attack. For the huge money involved they have to be significantly better than what we have, and that isn't easy. We've already got 57 "good" forwards.
If we applied the why is a club getting rid of a player as an indicator it can't be a good signing, then not many good signings exist.

I disagree that there are only a handful of forwards that can improve our attack, are you seriously telling me there is hardly any better forwards out there than Johnson and Kulu for starters? Before we consider an on the decline Son and on loan Werner. Like you say, they are all decent but there are far more than a 'handful' who are better....

Not quite the same; Chiesa is a household name in Italy, won trophies with the national team, his dad was a famous striker and international, a really big name player for the biggest club in Italy, and they want to get rid. More like Man U getting rid of Beckham. I don't know what his injury status/body condition is, but there must be a reason Juve want rid.
Because he only has a year left on his contract as I said previously.

They also have a manager that changed formation and doesn't use wing forwards, So want to cash in and buy a more suitable replacement.

If we applied the why is a club getting rid of a player as an indicator it can't be a good signing, then not many good signings exist.

I disagree that there are only a handful of forwards that can improve our attack, are you seriously telling me there is hardly any better forwards out there than Johnson and Kulu for starters? Before we consider an on the decline Son and on loan Werner. Like you say, they are all decent but there are far more than a 'handful' who are better....

Who are the more than a handful of 20 goal a season players that are available and within a sensible transfer fee and wage range?

Last edited:

Care to name them?
I’m all for saying there is more but I can’t think of many

How many of our forwards get 20 goals a season?

Where did the "20 goals" come from anyway? I'm confused.

Harry Kane, his goals must be replaced, never be able to replace a player like him but need those goals. We need to find a regular scorer, the way we play we will concede and we must outscore teams to win, hoping Son, Johnson and Richalson will do it is not good enough.

Care to name them?
I’m all for saying there is more but I can’t think of many
I'm not going to bother to list every forward who is better than ours, if you think differently fair enough.

If every manager was asked 'Who are the top ten forwards you would like to have?' Do you honestly envisage many of them having Johnson, Richi, Kulusevski, Werner or even Son these days on their list? Me neither, therefore there are a lot more than a 'handful' of forwards better than ours. Even in London I would take Bowen, Kudus, Saka, Palmer above ours and that's without even trying to think....

I'm not going to bother to list every forward who is better than ours, if you think differently fair enough.

If every manager was asked 'Who are the top ten forwards you would like to have?' Do you honestly envisage many of them having Johnson, Richi, Kulusevski, Werner or even Son these days on their list? Me neither, therefore there are a lot more than a 'handful' of forwards better than ours. Even in London I would take Bowen, Kudus, Saka, Palmer above ours and that's without even trying to think....

There are better players but we need a goal scorer, we don't convert enough of our chances, a player like Vardy he didn't have an all round game but scored regularly, a priceless gift. Lankshear looks exactly the type of player we need, not the best player in the team but gets in the right place and takes his chances.

There are better players but we need a goal scorer, we don't convert enough of our chances, a player like Vardy he didn't have an all round game but scored regularly, a priceless gift. Lankshear looks exactly the type of player we need, not the best player in the team but gets in the right place and takes his chances.
I was replying to a discussion about Chiesa who is a forward and the quote 'there are only a handful of forwards who would improve our attack'.

I agree with what you said here, I would like it to be Richi (if he can prove his fitness consistently) and another as our CF options. If Richi can stay fit I wouldn't mind Veliz who I thought looks to have something about him or even Lankshear being the understudy. But I have a feeling we will bring in another versatile forward who can play CF aswell....

I think Veliz could be that type of player as well.

Weirdly everyone of them is a right winger…

I was replying to a discussion about Chiesa who is a forward and the quote 'there are only a handful of forwards who would improve our attack'.

I agree with what you said here, I would like it to be Richi (if he can prove his fitness consistently) and another as our CF options. If Richi can stay fit I wouldn't mind Veliz who I thought looks to have something about him or even Lankshear being the understudy. But I have a feeling we will bring in another versatile forward who can play CF aswell....

There's listing players that are 'better' and then there is discussing who's available who would come that we could afford - I haven't seen any/many names listed of sure fire improvements to our attack- and when you're talking about 50m+ for some of those players then it's questionable whether to stick or twist. Short of being able to pull off an Isak level signing I'd be happy to let the scouts do their work and find a diamond in the rough eg

There's listing players that are 'better' and then there is discussing who's available who would come that we could afford - I haven't seen any/many names listed of sure fire improvements to our attack- and when you're talking about 50m+ for some of those players then it's questionable whether to stick or twist. Short of being able to pull off an Isak level signing I'd be happy to let the scouts do their work and find a diamond in the rough eg
If youre talking about CFs I agree there is a dearth, personally think we should be in for Toney but doesn't seem like it.

The only one of our forwards who could potentially have a high ceiling is Johnson, I don't doubt our scouting has already identified many forwards as potential targets with better potential. I seriously doubt Ange and the recruitment team are looking at Kulu and even Son thinking they can't be realistically upgraded on....

If youre talking about CFs I agree there is a dearth, personally think we should be in for Toney but doesn't seem like it.

The only one of our forwards who could potentially have a high ceiling is Johnson, I don't doubt our scouting has already identified many forwards as potential targets with better potential. I seriously doubt Ange and the recruitment team are looking at Kulu and even Son thinking they can't be realistically upgraded on....
We are in for Toney
I’ve heard it from a few sources
But being in… doesn’t mean we will buy

Primarily talking about CF, yes.

We can upgrade on our wide forwards, Doue seems to be the strongest links for that position and Eze too I suppose if we consider him LWF - I wouldn't say either are guarantees though

I’d like an upgrade on Richarlison. Happy with him as a backup but not a stater at CF. Everyone goes on about him being “Brazil’s number 9” but he wasn’t even picked for the worst Brazil squad in decades that crashed out of the Copa America last night. Isaak would be the dream but Toney would be a good fit also. Agree about the standard of the forwards in general. People look at the goals scored stats and think we must have really good forwards when it’s partly because of our style of play and being so aggressive.

I’d like an upgrade on Richarlison. Happy with him as a backup but not a stater at CF. Everyone goes on about him being “Brazil’s number 9” but he wasn’t even picked for the worst Brazil squad in decades that crashed out of the Copa America last night. Isaak would be the dream but Toney would be a good fit also. Agree about the standard of the forwards in general. People look at the goals scored stats and think we must have really good forwards when it’s partly because of our style of play and being so aggressive.

Richarlison missed the Copa America through the thigh injury he picked up at Everton. They've missed him massively. Here's the coach's confirmation:

“Richarlison has not been called up for the Copa America because of a new injury he has suffered. He is not available, he had a new injury and that is why he is not on the list.”

Back