• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The transfer thread

My view is more about game time

- Winks until last year never had a season where he played as many games as Skipp's loan spell season with Norwich, and no surprise Winks has looked back to his best with Leicester
- Skipp has steadily seemed "worse" since returning because he just doesn't get consistent game time

This is the next piece the club needs to sort, it's great to buy/develop all these promising youngsters but either you need to loan them back (Udogie, Bergvall, etc.) or if after first year they aren't getting consistent game time, they have to go on a loan where they will be played.
We wouldn't have missed Skipp being here last season. If he got a loan back to Norwich, not only would he improve as a player, his value would increase too.

My view is more about game time

- Winks until last year never had a season where he played as many games as Skipp's loan spell season with Norwich, and no surprise Winks has looked back to his best with Leicester
- Skipp has steadily seemed "worse" since returning because he just doesn't get consistent game time

This is the next piece the club needs to sort, it's great to buy/develop all these promising youngsters but either you need to loan them back (Udogie, Bergvall, etc.) or if after first year they aren't getting consistent game time, they have to go on a loan where they will be played.
Or maybe neither were of the level we needed in the first place. Skipp did really well at Norwich but everyone seems to forget that was the Championship. Being good there's doesn't neccesarily translate linearly to the PL.

Winks at one point looked very promising but he was never the finished article then he got injured and his develop stymied. Maybe they could have gone out on loans but at the level we are aiming for I don't know if I believe either are really there or ever we're going to be.

Greaves is meant to be good isn't he?
Both are good players. I named Greaves as a potential signing for us 18 months or so ago back when Conte was manager and playing a back 3.

Philogene broke through last season and has a lot of good qualities. Both good enough to be starting options for bottom half PL teams IMO.

A few people have posted screenshots of him liking our announcement of Grey. No idea if it's real or not
It is real (and what’s more he’s not a serial ‘liker’ of lots of posts)

I wanted us to get Nusa back in January but Doue is another level up from him (and then some). Doue would start games for us already on the wing I think but will probably end up as a 10 or even an 8. Has absolutely everything.

I wanted us to get Nusa back in January but Doue is another level up from him (and then some). Doue would start games for us already on the wing I think but will probably end up as a 10 or even an 8. Has absolutely everything.
I've been sold on Doue reading the scouting reports and watching some vids. He looks like a proper dynamic game changer of the sort we've not had for a very long time. Just that touch of magic to finish off our AM options.

Or maybe neither were of the level we needed in the first place. Skipp did really well at Norwich but everyone seems to forget that was the Championship. Being good there's doesn't neccesarily translate linearly to the PL.

Winks at one point looked very promising but he was never the finished article then he got injured and his develop stymied. Maybe they could have gone out on loans but at the level we are aiming for I don't know if I believe either are really there or ever we're going to be.
I think if skipp had gone to Luton he would look as good as Barkley did.

Watched 1 min of a vid...quick feet, tenacious, good shot.... quite small.

Sounds very promising. Being able to bring on subs at 60 mins and run team ragged is more and more vital in football now. In the Euros you can see that more or less anyone can setup well and stop teams from scoring. After an hour you often need fresh legs to open up sides.

Last edited:
They are quite different in play style. There are things one can do that other can't and I think that helps a Barkley stand out more at a lower level club. The question is whether he can do it in a bigger pond, I honestly don't think he can.

A lower level PL club is probably perfect for Skipp. To play for us he needs to show a bit more tbh.

Disagree massively…. Skipp hasn’t got the touch to play in the areas that Barkley can. It is really difficult to make time for yourself in the opposition’s third of the pitch. Skipp could end up a good number 6 or a passable 8 but doesn’t have the control, quick feet, vision or pass execution to play at PL level anywhere else IMO (though probably could actually be quite effective as an inverted full back under Postecoglou)

Back