• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The transfer thread

It's not about "our" priorities. Ange and the scouting team will have an idea of what the squad wants to look like at the beginning of the season. Who's in, whose out. What can be achieved with the money available. Who's interested in joinging etc...

I'd love a new world class cf. I'd love a new world class "insert position here".

Who that maybe, i don't know. So will let ange and the team decide.

We can all name off players. But a bit meaningless really.
Really doesn’t need to be world class
There arrant man6 world class CFs out there
They need to be able to excel at the basics

We have no real CF of we’re honest
Richy and son between them have probably played about 150 games in that position
A player who knows the role and can occupy the opposition would be a big additional benefit
Watching son run to the half way line last year to receive the ball was fudging painful
Seeing the new richy has hurt groin again is painful too
We need options

If it's not going to be wc. Then maybe give veliz, scarlett, parrot and lankshear a chance to impress?

I see that both us and Aston Villa have been linked with Fiorentina right back Michael Kayode. He is a 19 year old Italian right back of Nigerian descent.

Would probably take around £20 to £25m to get him.

We have no real CF of we’re honest
Richy and son between them have probably played about 150 games in that position
A player who knows the role and can occupy the opposition would be a big additional benefit
Watching son run to the half way line last year to receive the ball was fudging painful
Seeing the new richy has hurt groin again is painful too
We need options
Not many teams have a real CF. City didn't until they got Haaland and they still managed to score 96 goals the season before he joined with their top scorer having just 15 goals and only two other players in double figures: Sterling (13) and Mahrez (11). I am not too fussed about getting a CF. I'd focus more on players with good finishing, be they CM/AMs or wide forwards.

Not many teams have a real CF. City didn't until they got Haaland and they still managed to score 96 goals the season before he joined with their top scorer having just 15 goals and only two other players in double figures: Sterling (13) and Mahrez (11). I am not too fussed about getting a CF. I'd focus more on players with good finishing, be they CM/AMs or wide forwards.

We’re not city and they had Aguero until very recently
That year your talking about they scored 150 goals across all comps
But again… we’re not city

Never heard of him but he must be doing something right to get picked by Emirates Marketing Project

https://cityxtra.co.uk/14801/manche...gn-tottenham-midfielder-on-two-year-contract/
Premier League champions Emirates Marketing Project have moved quickly to secure the talents of midfielder Han Willhoft-King following his exit from Tottenham Hotspur.
Willhoft-King first joined Tottenham’s academy system at the age of six, before successfully progressing through the Premier League side’s youth squads and at one stage being named by The Guardian as the best player in his age-group at the club in September 2022.
However, in a staggering step for the North London club, and perhaps an insight into the player’s drive to succeed at senior level in future, the teenager turned down a contract offer and left the club at the end of the 2023/24 season.

was thinking about winks and skipp's development and wonder if its the fault of the academy that they were taught to release the ball and move asap, instead of the current crop of young recruits who are comfortable turning a player before passing or carrying the ball forward.

i think we're on the right track now. postecoglul to thank but i think the failures of mourinho and conte helped the change

was thinking about winks and skipp's development and wonder if its the fault of the academy that they were taught to release the ball and move asap, instead of the current crop of young recruits who are comfortable turning a player before passing or carrying the ball forward.

i think we're on the right track now. postecoglul to thank but i think the failures of mourinho and conte helped the change

Skipp and winks both suffered serious injury that hindered them. They were both very good when they came into the first team. Skipp was great for norwich getting into the championship team of the year and winning motm awards when he came back to us.

Ipswich are in talks with Hull over the signings of defender Jacob Greaves and winger Jaden Philogene.

Ipswich are exploring conditions of a double deal.

It’s understood Hull’s combined value for the players is over £30m

Fair enough, we can agree to disagree as I'd say Richis finishing is fine IF fit. I think we have one more spot for a forward who is versatile, and if not one of our talented youngsters might get some extended game time. Let's see....
Richie's finishing is good if he's given a fairly straightforward finish in the penalty box. Last season doesn't really say anything about more difficult chances as he didn't really score any other than the 2nd excellent goal against Everton. If we continue to create tap ins for him them fair enough but that's not really enough to say his finishing is good. We haven't really seen him have to finish a difficult chance or even a challenging one. Maybe you could argue his headers but again there were quite close.

Skipp and winks both suffered serious injury that hindered them. They were both very good when they came into the first team. Skipp was great for norwich getting into the championship team of the year and winning motm awards when he came back to us.

My view is more about game time

- Winks until last year never had a season where he played as many games as Skipp's loan spell season with Norwich, and no surprise Winks has looked back to his best with Leicester
- Skipp has steadily seemed "worse" since returning because he just doesn't get consistent game time

This is the next piece the club needs to sort, it's great to buy/develop all these promising youngsters but either you need to loan them back (Udogie, Bergvall, etc.) or if after first year they aren't getting consistent game time, they have to go on a loan where they will be played.

Back