• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The transfer thread

Much worse. Gray is a generational talent. He'll be worth 3 times that fee by next summer
I feel like our signings from the championship are half hearted efforts like Rodon and Spence.

We have done so well from there in the past, Bale, Carrick, Defoe etc. Always say if the Championship was a country everyone would send scouts there.

Don't expect anyone to remember my posts but I called for us to sign Eze and Olise when they were down there. Think my Adam Wharton thread is still in the transfer section.

Our transfers have gotten better but we should look to sign the best of the championship it has such good value, even with the odd dud thrown in.

Just pondering. Could we do what Cheslea, Villa and Everton have been doing with each other? Could we get a mega PRS bonus (banked for a rainy day) by buying Grey for say £140m. Then selling them Rodon seconds later for £100m?

Just pondering. Could we do what Cheslea, Villa and Everton have been doing with each other? Could we get a mega PRS bonus (banked for a rainy day) by buying Grey for say £140m. Then selling them Rodon seconds later for £100m?
In theory
But that’s the issue that got Paratici banned
Almost as if we don’t learn from other leagues and countries
They were swapping players at inflated values

The easy test of a PsR deal is does the value relate to the wages
A £35m player would be on £100k a week at a guess…
That’s how you test the validity
I bet the lad that Brighton are getting from Saudi Sportswashing Machine won't be on wages anywhere near that.
Mind you, if we do end up buying Gray from Leeds, the deal will surely be around £35m but his wages will also be well south of £100k/week.

Back