• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The transfer thread

Punishments they barely felt. Just a tiny slap on the wrist. The PL had a chance to do something significant but bottled it. Having seen the paltry punishments meted out we will now go into open season for financial cheating.

We'll see what the punishments for the new rules will be.

The punishments were for clubs that did (somewhat) try to get back in line with the rules and were fairly honest about their accounts. Everton were £19m over the (£105m) spending limit, forest roughly the same. Punishments for those that completely ignire the rules or massively overspend will be punished harder (that from the commissions report).

You say they were paltry. But how many points deductions had we ever seen in the prem before?

Yeah. They got banned from Europe I believe.

That's the thing with all these deals, it may pass PL rules, but they may not UEFA.

Slight difference though. Juve were being wire tapped as it was a criminal investigation in italy. The deals had inadvertently increased the share value (juve are on the stock exchange). So they were bang to rights.

They had originally been found innocent. As judging a players value is very difficult.

When found guilty. They were not just inflating players values. They were found guilty of not providing uefa with accurate financial records.

Maybe not but his wages will be lower and I've not seen anyone claiming hes an upgrade although I don't think he's needed unless he in a genuine DM

The post I quoted, and highlighted saying he would be a squad upgrade on Lo Celso. That's why I questioned it as he isn't Infront of lo celso for Argentina.

Lo Celso needs to be moved on. It hasn't worked out for him here, and I'm happy for younger players to be brought in to be competition and back up.

Edit. He might potentially become better than lo celso, but I have no idea

Southampton fell apart when he left in January. No idea why they let him go in the middle of the season when they were on a roll.. maybe he had a clause to go if a big club came in etc.
Never heard of him. Any good?

Last edited:
Alcaraz - known as Charly
I don't get it?

I have high hopes that Spurs' bolstered think tank can unearth some gems.
Rather than buying at the top of the market, buy the guy who is about to explode onto the scene.

And in parallel, buy the guys on low wages.
Wages are way more important than people realise; we can afford 7 guys on mediocre wages rather than one guy on stupidly large wages.

I don't get it?

Rather than buying at the top of the market, buy the guy who is about to explode onto the scene.

Wages are way more important than people realise; we can afford 7 guys on mediocre wages rather than one guy on stupidly large wages.

He just gets called Charly by everyone.

I don't get it?

Also if they don't work out we can get rid of them more easily.

Back