• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official 2022/23 Premier League Thread

Defending now is so hard, literally can't make any human moves such as using your arms to jump or when you are sliding, any natural movement could result in a pen, thats where VAR has made this game a mockery, no real common sense to actions in the moment, its now still shots, ohh ball hit his hand, Pen
It's the interpretation of the rule and not VAR that is the problem.

Defending now is so hard, literally can't make any human moves such as using your arms to jump or when you are sliding, any natural movement could result in a pen, thats where VAR has made this game a mockery, no real common sense to actions in the moment, its now still shots, ohh ball hit his hand, Pen
always going to be given as it was for Liverpool, not all 20 clubs in the PL would have got that call

What a league this is from 7-0 to this....proper weird
Very competitive from top to bottom.
The PL clubs are awash with money , even the smaller clubs can sign £20-30m players.
Look at Wet Spam , spent over £200m and fighting relegation. Look at what Everton have spent , fighting relegation.

It's the interpretation of the rule and not VAR that is the problem.

As long as humans are behind it then you are always going to get delays to get debatable decisions, thats my main argument against it. That could have been given or not and you could argue all day about it, so just leave it to the ref on the field.

There is def a trend of more penalties given with literal translation of rules when the ball strikes the hand, despite no pen given originally and the still shot being used to decide, im against that TBH

Liverpool's next 4 games after today are City, (A) Chelsea (A), Arsenal (H), Leeds (A)
Ours after today are Southampton (A) Everton (A), Brighton (H) Bournemouth (H)

As long as humans are behind it then you are always going to get delays to get debatable decisions, thats my main argument against it. That could have been given or not and you could argue all day about it, so just leave it to the ref on the field.

There is def a trend of more penalties given with literal translation of rules when the ball strikes the hand, despite no pen given originally and the still shot being used to decide, im against that TBH
It's not a still shot being used, they look at video replays, the same as we look at. By the letter of the law it's a pen. The ref missed it and VAR is there to pick up on what the ref misses.
It's the law not VAR at fault.

It's not a still shot being used, they look at video replays, the same as we look at. By the letter of the law it's a pen. The ref missed it and VAR is there to pick up on what the ref misses.
It's the law not VAR at fault.

Course they use still frame, I have seen loads of decisions where the onfield ref has not given a pen and a freeze frame of a player with his back turned has had the ball hit his hand and pen given, thats a combination of being able to stop a game to check, being allowed to freeze frame action and the incorrect interpretation of laws (ball to hand, intent). That encapsulated is VAR which won't change as its run by humans. I will die on my sword that there is absolutely no reason to stop games to have one ref interpret incidents differently to an onfield referee only for them to remain contensious...it happens, they have even admitted it has

Why did t the no 5 go back to his keeper ? Had time and knocked it straight out.
No wonder Bournemouth can't hold leads.
Need to learn the dark arts and to keep their composure and possession.

Course they use still frame, I have seen loads of decisions where the onfield ref has not given a pen and a freeze frame of a player with his back turned has had the ball hit his hand and pen given, thats a combination of being able to stop a game to check, being allowed to freeze frame action and the incorrect interpretation of laws (ball to hand, intent). That encapsulated is VAR which won't change as its run by humans. I will die on my sword that there is absolutely no reason to stop games to have one ref interpret incidents differently to an onfield referee only for them to remain contensious...it happens, they have even admitted it has
They use video, still frames don't show the context, they only use stills to show there was contact. The ref missed the incident so it was rightly looked at by VAR. Ref can't make a decision on something he didn't see.

They use video, still frames don't show the context, they only use stills to show there was contact. The ref missed the incident so it was rightly looked at by VAR. Ref can't make a decision on something he didn't see.

Im talking about my general belief on VAR more than that individual incident.

100% they have used the fact the balls hit the hand rather than the whole action to come to previous decisions, you see it nearly weekly

Forget the 7 goals the scousers got.
The hard facts : 3 points from two games.
3 points gained but also 3 points dropped.
They looked shaky at the back again.
They aren't nailed on for top four imo, struggle on the road.

No doubt by the letter of the law that’s a pen, but it feels incredibly harsh, I mean what exactly is he supposed to do there?

Back