• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official 2022/23 Premier League Thread

Not sure, Liverpool and Chelsea won’t be this bad again for a few years. Utd are clearly on the up, City are city and the Geordies are in the mix going forward as well. Can’t imagine the Goons will get a better chance to win the league than an 8 point head start with a game in hand going in to Jan (ever?) again.

And that’s ignoring us.

They still could do it this year. People are acting like Emirates Marketing Project have already won it just because they won the other night. I agree it will be harder for them in years to come for the reasons you stated but they’ve got a very good side who will challenge IMO. And they’ve got a togetherness with the fanbase and the team that they’ve not had in years, reminds me of when poch was here and everyone was pulling in the same direction. That’s partly down to Arteta. I can’t stand him and I know people mock him on this forum and yes he has spent a lot of money but you’ve got to credit him for getting everyone on behind him and the team.

They still could do it this year. People are acting like Emirates Marketing Project have already won it just because they won the other night. I agree it will be harder for them in years to come for the reasons you stated but they’ve got a very good side who will challenge IMO. And they’ve got a togetherness with the fanbase and the team that they’ve not had in years, reminds me of when poch was here and everyone was pulling in the same direction. That’s partly down to Arteta. I can’t stand him and I know people mock him on this forum and yes he has spent a lot of money but you’ve got to credit him for getting everyone on behind him and the team.

The fans were calling for his head last season, and the season before. They're behind him (or were) because arsenal were top of the league.

Winning solves everything. He keeps on dropping points though they'll turn again.

The fans were calling for his head last season, and the season before. They're behind him (or were) because arsenal were top of the league.

Winning solves everything. He keeps on dropping points though they'll turn again.

Really? Every game I watched them on tv they were chanting his name (not in a bad way).

Takes a lot more than that to get it over the line.

Poch had more talent and better players but still couldn't.

I'm quite laid back about our success/perceived failure, I try to keep both my grandsons expectation grounded, my son has been going for almost 40 years so he knows these are the good times.

I seem to spend every weekend (When we lose), managing the expectations of my 2 small boys. When you explain how lucky we are to watch Kane and to be playing regularly in European matches etc. it seems to help!
Before every game I need to prepare them and say "Might be difficult today, x, y and z are injured or suspended haha.

..Anyway, Must be boring to be a glory hunter hey!?

I seem to spend every weekend (When we lose), managing the expectations of my 2 small boys. When you explain how lucky we are to watch Kane and to be playing regularly in European matches etc. it seems to help!
Before every game I need to prepare them and say "Might be difficult today, x, y and z are injured or suspended haha.

..Anyway, Must be boring to be a glory hunter hey!?

It’s pretty hard being a supporter these days though if you’re a kid. There’s a generation that honestly believe that we’ve never won a trophy. My young fella gets it in the neck all the time from his mates.

When I was growing up in the late 80s or 90s, we were worse than we are today. We were mid table mediocrity season after season. However, we had recent trophies I could point to and most kids acknowledged we were one of the biggest clubs in England.

Im not one for just judging stuff purely on trophies. I think ENIC have actually done great work in making us a perennial top 6 club again in an era when 2/3 clubs are on cheat mode especially when you look at what they’ve done infrastructure wise. But when it comes to dealing with other fans, sadly trophies are the only benchmark.

Back