• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official 2022/23 Premier League Thread

Ivan Toney charged by FA in relation to 232 breaches of betting rules!!!!

Even if they threw out 3/4 of these, he's still a serial offender facing lengthy ban and fines. Would Brentford face any club penalties? Pretty sure Emirates Marketing Project would like to have that last result chucked out.

As would we.

Hmmm.

Trippier got a 10-week ban and a £70,000 fine for seven breaches of betting regs strictly related to his transfer to Atletico. It's not like he was a week-in, week-out gambler.

Toney's 232 alleged breaches conjure up an image of a lifestyle gambler and a far more serious breach. He would have willingly engaged, long-term, in such violations.

Not that I have any personal grudge against him. I think he's a very talented footballer. But this is a far heavier case to deal with.

In other miscreant-based news, Norf London's leading Lothario has just had his bail on multiple rape charges extended into January.

Hmmm.

Trippier got a 10-week ban and a £70,000 fine for seven breaches of betting regs strictly related to his transfer to Atletico. It's not like he was a week-in, week-out gambler.

Toney's 232 alleged breaches conjure up an image of a lifestyle gambler and a far more serious breach. He would have willingly engaged, long-term, in such violations.

Not that I have any personal grudge against him. I think he's a very talented footballer. But this is a far heavier case to deal with.

In other miscreant-based news, Norf London's leading Lothario has just had his bail on multiple rape charges extended into January.

Depends what he bet on.

If he were betting on himself, well, that would be a hard thing to punish. If he were betting on any other sort of Premier League development, he's toast.

And Declan Rice now wants shot of Waste Ham. Who could blame him? What are the odds on him leaving in January?

Maybe. I read it as he wanted to be the one in charge rather than a minority shareholder.

Ge says it more than once and even says it another way by saying how limited influence those under him will have.

Just seems a weird interview to give, might as well just said "I'm an egotistical kn0bhead" and saved loads of word count

If he were betting on himself, well, that would be a hard thing to punish. If he were betting on any other sort of Premier League development, he's toast.

And Declan Rice now wants shot of Waste Ham. Who could blame him? What are the odds on him leaving in January?

Wasn't most of this in the lower leagues? Not that it makes a difference but as a titbit there is a huge gambling issue lower down the pyramid, they are all at it

Wasn't most of this in the lower leagues? Not that it makes a difference but as a titbit there is a huge gambling issue lower down the pyramid, they are all at it

Whatever the level. He knew the rules and broke them repeatedly. Which has and will cost him far more than what he benefited from it.

Is Toney suspended for our first game back? He should be just because it's us Brentford are playing.

That's what Arsenal would expect/demand.

Is Toney suspended for our first game back? He should be just because it's us Brentford are playing.

That's what Arsenal would expect/demand.
Nope as he has until the 4th of Jan (I think) to state his case, so assume he is good to play until then. I could quite easily be wrong, but surely even if he was allowed, Brentford would keep him out of the spotlight for now?

Back