• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official 2020/21 Premier League Thread

Brighton were excellent. They have been in the 5 games I've seen them this season. The football is really, really fudging excellent. Great movement, no panicking and cut through Liverpool a few times under pressure.

Turned my nose up a bit earlier in the week about the possibility of Potter replacing Mourinho. Think I might have been wrong.
They play really good football and should be higher up the table. They lack a decent forward and their keeper is shocking and this has cost them badly.

@Bedfordspurs and myself have been big fans of Potter but it’s not based on results. I think we might do a T-shirt
S done, what’s your size?;)
The guys just a bloody good coach
Everywhere he has been has been a step up and he has changed the players to be better
Can’t really ask for much more
But he is a boring looking chap, with a bland name so probably won’t get a bigger side to manage

They play really good football and should be higher up the table. They lack a decent forward and their keeper is shocking and this has cost them badly.
It’s hard to get a 15 goal a season striker at that level but does make a difference if you can

Just had a dip into The Guardian comments on the Liverpool game. Enlightening.

“It’s been dross for months...we only have one set of tactics...it’s terrible to watch...Just fudge off Liverpool.”

So it’s not just our fans, then.

I do like to chuckle at @scaramanga's description of the Dippers as a "get it and knock it long to the front players" type of team because I think it's a bit unfair. But there was one bit of play tonight where Henderson got it in defence, didn't look and just booted it about 50 yards hoping Salah would get it.

Just had a dip into The Guardian comments on the Liverpool game. Enlightening.

“It’s been dross for months...we only have one set of tactics...it’s terrible to watch...Just fudge off Liverpool.”

So it’s not just our fans, then.

Pretty fun to browse. One staunch supporter saying he'd seen enough and was done for the season Ha ha ha. Heaven forfend if you take the merest pleasure in a Liverpool failure. They don't like it up 'em much.

On the PL Productions feed shown on DAZN, they had one eyed Jim Beglin doing co-commentary with Jim Proudfoot and it was funny to hear Beglin's usual smug gloating fade out as Proudfoot professionally warbled away about what this would mean at both ends of the table.

And then, crickets from Beglin at the final whistle as Proudfoot proclaims: "Is this Groundhog Day for Liverpool?! Home sickness has struck again!"

Last edited:
I do like to chuckle at @scaramanga's description of the Dippers as a "get it and knock it long to the front players" type of team because I think it's a bit unfair. But there was one bit of play tonight where Henderson got it in defence, didn't look and just booted it about 50 yards hoping Salad would get it.

I pretty much think it's spot on. Turn the opposition round as quick as possible and make them defend.

Proven league winning tactic, in fact the only recent team I can think of who have one the league not playing that tactic are Emirates Marketing Project cause they can afford to have actual possession based players in every position.

I do like to chuckle at @scaramanga's description of the Dippers as a "get it and knock it long to the front players" type of team because I think it's a bit unfair. But there was one bit of play tonight where Henderson got it in defence, didn't look and just booted it about 50 yards hoping Salad would get it.
To be fair to them they do mix it up a bit.

Sometimes they dive before they hoof it to the forwards.

What a world class clam Mike Dean is.
He studied that on the screen and still decided a sending off was the right decision.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport...liverpool-pep-guardiola-tactics-b1797823.html

This new City team are extremely solid, having seemingly gotten the balance right between shutting opposition down and opening them up. The recent stats say enough: one goal conceded in this run of nine successive league wins, 21 scored. They’ve only conceded two in total since the last defeat, November’s supposedly landmark 2-0 loss away to Tottenham Hotspur. It wasn’t the start of a spiral for City, as some in the game had expected. It was instead just the unsteady initial steps of a new way of playing...

Back