• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official 2019/20 Premier League Thread

I was really impressed with the way that Nuno got so many new signings to gell so quickly at the beginning of last season. They've only got better since and have been really good in the transfer market.
But, but, but!!!!!! It takes 18-24 months for any new signing to adapt - we all know that.

Any other claim must just be witchcraft!!!

Nuno signed these players in 2005.

But, but, but!!!!!! It takes 18-24 months for any new signing to adapt - we all know that.

Any other claim must just be witchcraft!!!

Nuno signed these players in 2005.

It was an exceptional bit of coaching. They practically bought an entirely new first team after getting promoted. I can't remember a manager getting such a big overhaul in players to settle down so quickly.

That is one of the best football matches of the year and the entire analysis is about VAR. This is wrong.

Yep. They took too long making the decisions but they got them right.

I was a bit annoyed that City got away with wasting seven minutes after the sending off.

Yep. They took too long making the decisions but they got them right.

I was a bit annoyed that City got away with wasting seven minutes after the sending off.
Debatable. But is that the analysis you want to see? One inch this way, one way the other? I don't like VAR and I don't think it adds to game one jot. That's just me though.

It was an exceptional bit of coaching. They practically bought an entirely new first team after getting promoted. I can't remember a manager getting such a big overhaul in players to settle down so quickly.
The key was he played the same team and players tha5 got them up and has added over time
Don’t forget they had a load of players on odd deals and loans in the championship that they made perm when they went up (Boly, Jotta, Neves for example). Their first perm season of their new signings the Jiminez (loan signing), Moutinho and Patrício were the only ones to play regularly and latterly Jonny who again was a loan signing
They rarely changed their first 11 and never changed their tactics

Wolves are fantastic, even though we beat them, there were periods of the game when we simply couldn’t get near them. But, I think at times they are a little too open which will be their undoing in terms of winning trophies (IMO); as good as they are they are not as good as the city of two years ago to get away with being so open.

I remember seeing Adama Traore play for Boro against us thinking he was excellent - then hearing people who knew him say he had no end product. Well, he has now. Sign him up! He was unstoppable!

The key was he played the same team and players tha5 got them up and has added over time
Don’t forget they had a load of players on odd deals and loans in the championship that they made perm when they went up (Boly, Jotta, Neves for example). Their first perm season of their new signings the Jiminez (loan signing), Moutinho and Patrício were the only ones to play regularly and latterly Jonny who again was a loan signing
They rarely changed their first 11 and never changed their tactics

15 players in and 18 out that summer. That's serious business even if you have had some on loan.

I remember seeing Adama Traore play for Boro against us thinking he was excellent - then hearing people who knew him say he had no end product. Well, he has now. Sign him up! He was unstoppable!

His goal was wonderful. If he can start doing that regularly I'd begin to consider him a decent signing.

Yeah true
How many actually played though
I checked
Not many

I had a look at the sides they put out against Sheffield United in the Championship in April and the side that played Everton in the PL in August and there were 5 changes to the starting 11. You are right about there being very little rotation in the PL.

I had a look at the sides they put out against Sheffield United in the Championship in April and the side that played Everton in the PL in August and there were 5 changes to the starting 11. You are right about there being very little rotation in the PL.
I went through the whole squad
The only new players that played in the perm regularly we’re the ones I mentioned, moutinho, Jiminez and Patrício. Jonny did end up playing more as the season went on.

boly was the only player missing from the team yesterday who would have played so since coming up they have changed half the first 11

Back