• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official 2018/19 Premier League Thread

Of course if a direct question is receive that question can be answered, as long as relatively compassionate - or at least not without some empathy...not like people are trying to force strangers to sign the book of condolence...

It was a helicopter accident that killed 5 people none of us knew. It happens. Am I somehow a bad person because it means absolutely nothing to me? I'm not having it!!!
How come no one then has mentioned that 189 people died in an aircraft crash in Indonesia today?

Nobody is saying it has to mean anything to you; if it doesn't you needn't comment...or try and belittle others who are affected...just say nothing and let them get on with it..

Not just you mate. But generally on these subjects, it’s better to say nothing if you have nothing nice to say.
That easily avoids any confusion.

You're begging the question. Who chooses "these subjects"? Is any topic off-limits if someone, somewhere is engaged in performative grief?

Nobody is saying it has to mean anything to you; if it doesn't you needn't comment...or try and belittle others who are affected...just say nothing and let them get on with it..
Fine with me. Just start a separate thread on the subject, so those who want to grieve or whatever, can discuss it there. I want to talk about the premier league in here, not helicopters and accidents.

You're begging the question. Who chooses "these subjects"? Is any topic off-limits if someone, somewhere is engaged in performative grief?

Genuinely don't know who chooses these subjects. Sometimes you just need to try to be a decent human being, and not a 'not my problem' smart arse, and make a judgement call I guess.

As Kandi says though, the thread is getting derailed, so I'll check out too.

GHod forbid anyone says anything supportive about Glenn Hoddle in the other threads though, or I'm going to have a field day!... ;-)

Genuinely don't know who chooses these subjects. Sometimes you just need to try to be a decent human being, and not a 'not my problem' smart arse, and make a judgement call I guess.

As Kandi says though, the thread is getting derailed, so I'll check out too.

GHod forbid anyone says anything supportive about Glenn Hoddle in the other threads though, or I'm going to have a field day!... ;-)

Careful...he was a crap coach for us wasn't he so.....

Fine with me. Just start a separate thread on the subject, so those who want to grieve or whatever, can discuss it there. I want to talk about the premier league in here, not helicopters and accidents.

You didn't HAVE to comment you know...i'm sure someone will start a new thread if necessary:D

Careful...he was a crap coach for us wasn't he so.....

Well, he did pick Sol Campbell for England, as well as Paul Merson & Tony Adams. So to echo what some of our esteemed posters have said on the last 3 pages;
  • Glenn's picked a Judas, a convict, some alcoholics, someone who cheats on their wife, a drug taking gambling addict and a drunk driver. So Glenn should be disqualified from being a hero.
  • And to agree with another poster here, Hoddle was also one of thousands of people to have a heart attack this weekend, so we shouldn't understand anyone being upset.
  • In fact, as others have said - Hoddle was on a lot on money too!
  • Like 99% of people here, I never knew Glenn, so (catch all caveat coming....) 'while i understand its a bit sad whats happened'... the outpouring of grief for someone you don't know is just irrational.
  • Glenn was seen kicking a ball around that morning on BT TV too, which he didn't need to do - so you have to ask why people put themselves into these risky situations?
  • Also, do we know for a fact it was a genuine health issue, or did he maybe have some enemies who may have been trying to kill him?
  • He was a Cristian (sic) wasn't he?...

Right, definitely checking out now, haha!!!.... :D;)

If you heard someone die in a car crash in front of you, for example, would you not be affected then?

If you spoke to people that did know the person and was greatly affected by it, would you still not feel anything?

This is identical to what has happened, so it must be great for you to be immune by way of your rationality then.

Please note, I am in no way anymore “outpouring in grief” than you are “laughing it off”.
If I heard someone die in a car crash in front of me I'd get my fudging foot down before the road got closed and I got stuck there.

If I heard someone die in a car crash in front of me I'd get my fudging foot down before the road got closed and I got stuck there.
Awesome - hopefully I'll get to hear you in that accident one day! then I can get the sound I heard on Saturday out of my head and replace it with something far more pleasant! :D

Awesome - hopefully I'll get to hear you in that accident one day! then I can get the sound I heard on Saturday out of my head and replace it with something far more pleasant! :D

Was you at the game then? I have not read back and so if you have stated so forgive me for not seeing.

Was you at the game then? I have not read back and so if you have stated so forgive me for not seeing.
I explained earlier that I live close by, and that the explosion of the helicopter hitting the ground made me and my young family jump out of our skins. My wife is in taters over how close it was to the house.

My friend Geoff is there reporting, and was next to Kasper Schmeichel when they ran to the flames. Been speaking with him and he’s a wreck but trying to keep it together as he’s still doing radio reporting duties.
I’m glad we only heard it, and didn’t see it I guess.

Very sad times with helicopter crash at Leicester.
I though feel the media are yet again over eggs the whole thing.
We need to show respect not continually turn it into a media circus

:D
I felt an earthquake once - soon after I learned that some people had died. Then I had breakfast.

:D
I felt an earthquake once - soon after I learned that some people had died. Then I had breakfast.
Not exactly covering yourself in glory today scara.

As someone I’ve had a hell of a lot of respect for over the many many years on this board, I have to say you’ve done a fine job completely resetting my opinion today.

I’m hoping you’ve just had a bad day, or perhaps you have something going on outside the board which has made you behave like this. Maybe you’ll reflect back differently later if so.

Well, he did pick Sol Campbell for England, as well as Paul Merson & Tony Adams. So to echo what some of our esteemed posters have said on the last 3 pages;
  • Glenn's picked a Judas, a convict, some alcoholics, someone who cheats on their wife, a drug taking gambling addict and a drunk driver. So Glenn should be disqualified from being a hero.
  • And to agree with another poster here, Hoddle was also one of thousands of people to have a heart attack this weekend, so we shouldn't understand anyone being upset.
  • In fact, as others have said - Hoddle was on a lot on money too!
  • Like 99% of people here, I never knew Glenn, so (catch all caveat coming....) 'while i understand its a bit sad whats happened'... the outpouring of grief for someone you don't know is just irrational.
  • Glenn was seen kicking a ball around that morning on BT TV too, which he didn't need to do - so you have to ask why people put themselves into these risky situations?
  • Also, do we know for a fact it was a genuine health issue, or did he maybe have some enemies who may have been trying to kill him?
  • He was a Cristian (sic) wasn't he?...

Right, definitely checking out now, haha!!!.... :D;)
You never mentioned what he said about the disableds..

So, now the dust has settled after Monday night's game, how do people compare Emirates Marketing Project with the other challengers, especially Liverpool?

Will City walk it again this year or do we think Liverpool (or anyone else) can actually take the title chase into May?

Back