• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official 2018/19 Premier League Thread

Its a sad sad story but I did not know the guy personally and whilst realising he did good things for the area of Leics I am not joining in with the outpouring of grief. I imagine a number of people died this weekend, not just a millionairre attached to a football club.

Its a sad sad story but I did not know the guy personally and whilst realising he did good things for the area of Leics I am not joining in with the outpouring of grief. I imagine a number of people died this weekend, not just a millionairre attached to a football club.

not to mention 4 others in his helicopter

Not a popular opinion maybe but I do find the need to land and take off in a Helicopter before and after the game an unecessary indulgence. Not taking away from how tragic it is whateover when I say that.

Was Srivaddhanaprabha a Cristian?

The richer you get, the more charitable you are. No doubt he was a loyal owner who put a lot into the club and community. Is it possible his helicopter was tampered with?
Hindu I believe, why?

Can’t see how. It landed on the centre circle, with BT cameras present. Then took off. Risky approach if so

Not a popular opinion maybe but I do find the need to land and take off in a Helicopter before and after the game an unecessary indulgence. Not taking away from how tragic it is whateover when I say that.
Could have taken a car and got killed on the M1 instead.
Flown home and crashed in a plane.
Got knocked over crossing the road. Etc....

Hindu I believe, why?

Can’t see how. It landed on the centre circle, with BT cameras present. Then took off. Risky approach if so

..if Jesus was weeping...

Yes. Any tampering would have had to have allowed the machine to fly into the stadium and get off the ground intact. It's unlikley, but possible. There are people out there who are experts in making murder look like an accident.

not to mention 4 others in his helicopter
Exactly, the pilot his girlfriend and two members of staff.

I appreciate I’m not joining in the general knocking and denegrating of the incident, due to the fact “it wosont tottnum, woz it”.
But when you jump out of your skin to the sound of a helicopter exploding in flames and hitting the ground, and later know that there’s five human beings inside that nightmare way to die, then I find it hard to laugh it off. Sorry all.

Then I find it hard to laugh it off. Sorry all.

In no way laughing it off but the outpouring of grief for someone you don't know is irrational in my opinion. Again before people put words into others virtual mouths I am not playing down that its a sad situation because it is.

In no way laughing it off but the outpouring of grief for someone you don't know is irrational in my opinion. Again before people put words into others virtual mouths I am not playing down that its a sad situation because it is.

If you heard someone die in a car crash in front of you, for example, would you not be affected then?

If you spoke to people that did know the person and was greatly affected by it, would you still not feel anything?

This is identical to what has happened, so it must be great for you to be immune by way of your rationality then.

Please note, I am in no way anymore “outpouring in grief” than you are “laughing it off”.

Srivaddhanaprabha was given a license to print money in the shape of the airport duty-free concession by a more-than-averagely corrupt administration, and his relationships with its successors have been fraught. So it made eminent sense for him to pull an Abramovich and buy the affections of a provincial, one-club city, just in case he needed a bolthole. Pints for every supporter, dodgy doctors to administer arcane serums to journeyman footballers, bumper cheques to local hospitals: goodwill comes fairly cheap.

Nil nisi bonum, and all the rest of it. But this display of public grief was bought and paid for.

Far too soon...you raise some fair points, but this is way too early...

RIP

Last edited:
If you heard someone die in a car crash in front of you, for example, would you not be affected then?

If you spoke to people that did know the person and was greatly affected by it, would you still not feel anything?

This is identical to what has happened, so it must be great for you to be immune by way of your rationality then.

Please note, I am in no way anymore “outpouring in grief” than you are “laughing it off”.

My oupouring of grief comment was in the wider context which will go some way to explaining the answers to your questions, not everyone saw it and not everyone knows someone that saw it and these people still provide an out pouring of grief which is fine, I just don't understand it and find it irational, like me beign affected by the death of someone I don't know and have no personal experience with, its not immune to be that way, just normal I think in some respects.

My oupouring of grief comment was in the wider context which will go some way to explaining the answers to your questions, not everyone saw it and not everyone knows someone that saw it and these people still provide an out pouring of grief which is fine, I just don't understand it and find it irational, like me beign affected by the death of someone I don't know and have no personal experience with, its not immune to be that way, just normal I think in some respects.

Did you know anyone who was killed in any of the terror attacks in the UK in the last 10 years or so, eg London attacks and Manchester pop concert?
If not, did you have the same attitude?

It was sad but I did not grieve for people I did not know.

Ok fair enough, i guess it depends on what you describe as 'grieve'...for example, do you buy a poppy or 'pay your respects' on remembrance Sunday?
If so, is that because you knew someone who fought and died in WW1?

Ok fair enough, i guess it depends on what you describe as 'grieve'...for example, do you buy a poppy or 'pay your respects' on remembrance Sunday?
If so, is that because you knew someone who fought and died in WW1?

It’s a shame we have to do so much selling of the basic concept of generally just ‘being a decent human being’....

It’s a shame we have to do so much selling of the basic concept of generally just ‘being a decent human being’....

I don't see where you are coming from, I have not said anything hateful or been the opposite to an anti human being.

The only point I am saying is I don't understand, and its not reserved to this incident, the universal outpouring of grief of personal edged comments by people that don't have a personal association with the deceased.

I don't see where you are coming from, I have not said anything hateful or been the opposite to an anti human being.

The only point I am saying is I don't understand, and its not reserved to this incident, the universal outpouring of grief of personal edged comments by people that don't have a personal association with the deceased.

Not just you mate. But generally on these subjects, it’s better to say nothing if you have nothing nice to say.
That easily avoids any confusion.

Not just you mate. But generally on these subjects, it’s better to say nothing if you have nothing nice to say.
That easily avoids any confusion.

Or at least wait a while and let some days of whatever grieving process is taking place go by before being able to take a more 'colder' perspective

Back