• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official 2016/17 Premier League Thread

Could be said for any side in the league almost - no one particularly impressing half way in, even the league leaders from what I have seen of them

Could be said for any side in the league almost - no one particularly impressing half way in, even the league leaders from what I have seen of them

Liverpool have looked consistently good in an attacking sense - dangerous, purposeful, able to create loads of great chances quite frequently.

Arsenal were doing alright before their memorable meltdown over the past two weeks, I suppose. Looked energetic (well, Sanchez did), creative (well, Sanchez did) and clinical (well, Sanchez did).

Still, we should have been the ones impressing - that win over City promised so much in that regard. Instead we're just grimly keeping pace - don't get me wrong, I love that we're doing that (it's what I praise AVB for doing in 12-13) , but I'd have thought that, with two seasons with Poch under our belt, we'd have been better equipped for coming out of the gates swinging than the other sides.

Liverpool have looked consistently good in an attacking sense - dangerous, purposeful, able to create loads of great chances quite frequently. - agreed big defend like a pub team

Arsenal were doing alright before their memorable meltdown over the past two weeks, I suppose. Looked energetic (well, Sanchez did), creative (well, Sanchez did) and clinical (well, Sanchez did). - flat track bullies but that gets you top 4

Still, we should have been the ones impressing - that win over City promised so much in that regard. Instead we're just grimly keeping pace - don't get me wrong, I love that we're doing that (it's what I praise AVB for doing in 12-13) , but I'd have thought that, with two seasons with Poch under our belt, we'd have been better equipped for coming out of the gates swinging than the other sides.

We have our highest point at this point of a premier league season so we have improved

Will Bradly make it through to the new year in charge at Swansea?
Hull are going down as well!
Middlesbrough or Sunderland?

What frustrates me about the media coverage of us and United is that they have a stadium over twice the size of us, a massive worldwide fan base (cash cow), been in CL virtually from it's start and have spent over £400m since Ferguson left and they are no better than us. This gets totally ignored in the desperate need of the media to stroke the egos of their fans and manager.

What frustrates me about the media coverage of us and United is that they have a stadium over twice the size of us, a massive worldwide fan base (cash cow), been in CL virtually from it's start and have spent over £400m since Ferguson left and they are no better than us. This gets totally ignored in the desperate need of the media to stroke the egos of their fans and manager.
There, of course, you have it. To paraphrase,
'Clicks, my dear boy, it's about the number of clicks.'

I agree with all of that, however the way we have turned our backs on winning cups over the last few years i fully expect Utd will win something before we do. I really hope i am wrong though.

Back