• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official 2016/17 Premier League Thread

I am pleased for Clement that Swansea are doing better, just hope they take a break on wednesday.

I believe that was sub-clause 22 in the transfer details of young Mr. T. Carroll to Swansea, who has made a very decent contribution to Swansea's improved prospects.

'Thou shalt not spite thy good and great benefactor as a result of this generous transaction. Thy powder shall be kept dry for the following Saturday at West Ham.'

Spake Levy thusly. Seriously. It's all there in black and white and blood.

Quite annoyed City didn't win today actually; would have sent Arsenal into freefall imo (i.e. "what's the point of making much effort, top 4 is surely gone now").

Possible silver lining is that Chelski will look at the ir defensive display and get complacent.....well here's hoping anyhow...

Just need to concentrate on ourselves and do a professional job on Swansea.

I'd say you and I have very different opinions on Pep (and that's fair), if I was a City fan I certainly wouldn't be delighted with what he has done so far, in my opinion he's done the bare minimum that could be expected. I also doubt Pep is going to be at City in 3-5 years, he will likely spend big over summer, major squad overhaul and then he'll have 12-18 months to show return, if not he will be out. And that's providing he doesn't crumble under the pressure of the English/PL media/spotlight (his interviews don't show a man enjoying his job.)

He has increased the number of points they've picked up while primarily signing younger players that will continue to improve. Doing so while establishing a very different style of play for them.

The short-termism in football shouldn't surprise me any more I suppose.

He has increased the number of points they've picked up while primarily signing younger players that will continue to improve. Doing so while establishing a very different style of play for them.

The short-termism in football shouldn't surprise me any more I suppose.

It shouldn't, but while as to your earlier point, City tends to be a little more patient than other money doping clubs, it's the same end game.

These money doping clubs spend billions, they expect results and while things like young players, good investments are a bonus, they are not the criteria for success. They would be quite happy to buy and sell entire squads and management team every two years if they got success via that route.

It shouldn't, but while as to your earlier point, City tends to be a little more patient than other money doping clubs, it's the same end game.

These money doping clubs spend billions, they expect results and while things like young players, good investments are a bonus, they are not the criteria for success. They would be quite happy to buy and sell entire squads and management team every two years if they got success via that route.

And Guardiola is trying to do something different with them. I'm sure both Chelsea and City would have wanted to really join Europe's elite clubs by now considering the money they've spent. Yet they've failed and failed again to do that. That to me seems to be the ambition of both City and Guardiola.

Once again. If not for Chelsea running away with it City would be a title fight at the moment, and very few people could expect more from Guardiola's first season. Chelsea have had no European games and an incredible lucky run with injuries.

I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw Guardiola's lineup for Arsenal.

Which players from that line-up gets into our team?

It was the fact that he went for such an attacking lineup, especially Navas at RB.

As for the lineup's;

Aguerro for Janssen
Sane for Sissoko
I wouldn't swap out Alli or Eriksen on current form.

Yep, but Pep will be given money and time to sort it out I reckon. Unlike Moyes, he's got a great track record and can likely draw players to the club by reputation alone.

Says a lot about the squad he took over. It really was an ageing squad with a ton of issues. Similar to when Moyes took over United imo.

True but he has spent a shed load already and has a lot more to address needing a whole defence and at least one midfielder just to step up to the top table again

Add De Bruyne and Aquero to our squad and we would walk the title ..

I really think people are underselling City's squad

Top tier -> Aquero, De Bruyne, Silva & Sane would walk into almost any team (and all still young enough)
Previous top tier but aging, still great experience -> Toure, Kompany, Kolarov, Otamendi, Zabaleta, Navas
Promising players -> Sterling, Stones, Iheanacho
And doesn't even mention - > Hart & Bony (out on loan), Fernandino, Delph, Nolito, etc.

ton of match winners in that side ...

The biggest issue for City is not the aging of squad, but the fact that all the promising young players (with current exception of Sane) are not making an impact, as vs. us, where, Alli, Kane, Winks, Dier have huge roles in the first 11.

Top tier -> Aquero, De Bruyne, Silva & Sane would walk into almost any team (and all still young enough)
Previous top tier but aging, still great experience -> Toure, Kompany, Kolarov, Otamendi, Zabaleta, Navas
And doesn't even mention - > Hart & Bony (out on loan), Fernandino, Delph, Nolito, etc.

The biggest issue for City is not the aging of squad, but the fact that all the promising young players (with current exception of Sane) are not making an impact, as vs. us, where, Alli, Kane, Winks, Dier have huge roles in the first 11.

I think the biggest issue for City is they are not a team but a group of talented players, they have too many players who appear to think the game stops when they lose the ball.

Don't forget gundogan

I think the biggest issue for City is they are not a team but a group of talented players, they have too many players who appear to think the game stops when they lose the ball.

Won't disagree, but shouldn't the greatest coach in the world be able to fix that?

Stepping away from having fun at their expense for a minute, I actually think City, Cheat$ki and recent Manure all have the same issue, they have players who are good, but mercenaries. You get decent runs, maybe even the odd great season, but nobody is really bought in, there for a paycheck and nothing else.

Won't disagree, but shouldn't the greatest coach in the world be able to fix that?

Stepping away from having fun at their expense for a minute, I actually think City, Cheat$ki and recent Manure all have the same issue, they have players who are good, but mercenaries. You get decent runs, maybe even the odd great season, but nobody is really bought in, there for a paycheck and nothing else.

If City had bought Kante they would be in the position Chelsea are.

Back