• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The "Official" 2013/14 Other teams matches thread

Weimann, Benteke and Agbonlahor are gonna be exciting again

But there was no advantage from that attack as the subsequent chance was more difficult than the one they were denied by the foul.

King Dawson is right. In football the advantage law is different from say rugby. In football, at least traditionally, the decision is call the foul or allow advantage and that is it. There is no allowance for seeing a bit of advantage and calling it back if nothing happens. In contrast, in rugby thet can play minutes before coming back for the penalty.

That said, recently I've noticed several cases where the referee waits before calling it back.

But there was no advantage from that attack as the subsequent chance was more difficult than the one they were denied by the foul.

mate? what you're saying is not the rules of the game (i've just copy and pasted the fifa rules regarding it).
The refs job isn't to make sure the team scores from the advantage...it's to determine whether the advantage allows for a "chance of an immediate promising attack". Villa clearly had their promising chance and THEY MISSED IT.

Your rule imo makes more sense and i definitely prefer it but sadly this isn't in the Fifa rule book. The ref, accoring to the rules, made the wrong call.

ouch Sagna
Benteke gonna kill someone in his career, not his fault though

apparently in a pre season friendly against Malaga, Benteke bounced off a Malaga defender and the defender seriously injured his shoulder

Benteke is a beast !!

mate? what you're saying is not the rules of the game (i've just copy and pasted the fifa rules regarding it).
The refs job isn't to make sure the team scores from the advantage...it's to determine whether the advantage allows for a "chance of an immediate promising attack". Villa clearly had their promising chance and THEY MISSED IT.

Your rule imo makes more sense and i definitely prefer it but sadly this isn't in the Fifa rule book. The ref, accoring to the rules, made the wrong call.

The only thing in what you copy-pasted that comes close to being about going back and giving the original foul was the following as far as I could see:

The decision to penalise the original offence must be taken within a few seconds.

Although it's not clear if this is about going back to give the foul or if it's about giving a card.

I don't think the rules are as clear cut as you're saying here.

The only thing in what you copy-pasted that comes close to being about going back and giving the original foul was the following as far as I could see:

Although it's not clear if this is about going back to give the foul or if it's about giving a card.

I don't think the rules are as clear cut as you're saying here.

ok.

Fair enough mate.

:)

Back