• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The "Official" 2013/14 Other teams matches thread

I don't think that's the rule at all.

An advantage is allowed. If no advantage occurs from the play being allowed to carry then you pull it back for the offence.

The goal scoring chance that occurred after the pen foul was a worse (harder) chance than if no pen was given away - the angle was tighter and there were players back - so the ref. is right to pull it back for the original offence.

What, where their keeper was allowed to stay on the pitch??

Koscielny getting sent off for a decent challenge and conceding a completely unjustified penalty was what I was referring to, but I see your point. Still, this was probably their equivalent of our game against Stoke in 11-12.

:D

Yeah, if anything I'm starting to worry that this might finally spark some spending from Wenger. In that respect, a respectable draw might have been better.

I think desperation is a good thing. They will have done everything to get one new player in anyway. Now they will break the bank to do so. Or Wenger will do his reverse psychology thing and put faith in the team. Though I can't believe even he will now. They need 3 or 4 players really.

If they just buy Suarez for £50m and pay him close to 200k pw, then they will have spent a massive chuck of their reserve. Granted Suarez is quality. But he can't keep goal, or inject some steel into midfield.

An advantage is allowed. If no advantage occurs from the play being allowed to carry then you pull it back for the offence.

The goal scoring chance that occurred after the pen foul was a worse (harder) chance than if no pen was given away - the angle was tighter and there were players back - so the ref. is right to pull it back for the original offence.

What you're basically saying is that it's only an advantage if a goal is scored otherwise it will get called back for a pen which is not in the Fifa rulebook.

Advantage
The referee may play advantage whenever an infringement or offence occurs.
The referee should consider the following circumstances in deciding whether to apply the advantage or stop play:
• the severity of the offence: if the infringement warrants an expulsion, the referee must stop play and send off the player unless there is a subsequent opportunity to score a goal
• the position where the offence was committed: the closer to the opponent's goal, the more effective it can be
the chances of an immediate, promising attack
• the atmosphere of the match
The decision to penalise the original offence must be taken within a few
seconds.
If the offence warrants a caution, it must be issued at the next stoppage.
However, unless there is a clear advantage, it is recommended that the referee stops play and cautions the player immediately. If the caution is NOT issued at the next stoppage, it cannot be shown lat

Like I said, for those lucky ****s, this was the closest they'll ever get to our Stoke game in 11-12. And though I'm still laughing, I'd like to see them fail for reasons completely under their control, not due to an arbitrary slice of misfortune by a referee that could very well go on to fudge us over when he refs us.

Like I said, for those lucky ****s, this was the closest they'll ever get to our Stoke game in 11-12. And though I'm still laughing, I'd like to see them fail for reasons completely under their control, not due to an arbitrary slice of misfortune by a referee that could very well go on to fudge us over when he refs us.

Oh the injustice!

Only makes me giggle :)

Koscielny getting sent off for a decent challenge and conceding a completely unjustified penalty was what I was referring to, but I see your point. Still, this was probably their equivalent of our game against Stoke in 11-12.

Maybe, but had their keeper been sent off they'd have been down to 10 from the 22nd minute. Much harder to play for that length of time against a team with pace like Villa.

I thought the ref had a good game at the Emirates . Just the 2nd Villa penalty but from his angle it did look a stonewall penalty . Cant't fault him for much else really.

Woolwich Whinos 1 Villa 3 ... some of that ...

Back