• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The midweek/weekend games thread

whos fatter?

• grant holt

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • mark viduka

Votes: 17 89.5%

• Total voters
i might be wrong but i think this is a fairly new development over the last couple / few years.

you used to get dives and making the most of contact, but now attackers are manufacturing contact, 'reverse' contact if you like where they are the instigators rather than just exploiting a clumsy movement by a defender.

it's a plague on the game.

Yep and this is much harder to stop/stamp out imo (if the governing bodies ever make a move to try) because they can justifiably claim that there was contact and it would be impossible to prove that the contact, which is pretty obviously initiated by the attacker, didn't come about because of the natural movement or them trying to get out of the way of an even more dangerous challenge.

Big shame.

untitled-1h0jan.gif

:ross:

Hope the media stops with their crap of foreigners diving, cos we've got some great ones born and bred here in the British Isles.

just got in. did they get a pen for that

A couple of quotes from BlueMoan. Yes, Young is a cheating ****, but still :ross:

utd have won fudge all even if they lift the title they cheated to get it. dirty fake talentless bastards

I agree, I would rather be second and proud, than know my team has been gifted a trophy!
I fudging can't bear watching them.

We can be proud that we did it the right way. they can't even be arse to compete with us and just thow themselves down after 5 minutes. sad really, if is was a rag i'd be embarassed.

A couple of quotes from BlueMoan. Yes, Young is a cheating ****, but still :ross:

utd have won fudge all even if they lift the title they cheated to get it. dirty fake talentless bastards

I agree, I would rather be second and proud, than know my team has been gifted a trophy!
I fudging can't bear watching them.

We can be proud that we did it the right way. they can't even be arse to compete with us and just thow themselves down after 5 minutes. sad really, if is was a rag i'd be embarassed.

Oh dear! :ross:

Emirates Marketing Project. Winners of the moral cup yet again. This comes after other moral victories, such as that won after losing 3-2 to Man utd in the FA cup.

Yep and this is much harder to stop/stamp out imo (if the governing bodies ever make a move to try) because they can justifiably claim that there was contact and it would be impossible to prove that the contact, which is pretty obviously initiated by the attacker, didn't come about because of the natural movement or them trying to get out of the way of an even more dangerous challenge.

Big shame.

yep, which means we're relying on the sportsmanship of footballers. so we're naffed.

why can't the FA grow some fudging balls and bring in video technology to review instances like this?

it's a clear dive, and in this case, the ref could review the incident then proceed to send young off ... then we'll see how regularly he dives after that..

they'll never introduce a referral system though, because then they can't fix games anymore..

More pearls of wisdom:

If winning it means cheating, just give it to them now. Young, and the referees, have twice in just a few days shown me what 'winning' the premier league is really all about. And I can't say I really want it anymore. It's de-valued the comeptition for me. As long as City play to win then stuff it, second is fine now. Second with integrity rathern than Champions with none.

why can't the FA grow some fudging balls and bring in video technology to review instances like this?

it's a clear dive, and in this case, the ref could review the incident then proceed to send young off ... then we'll see how regularly he dives after that..

they'll never introduce a referral system though, because then they can't fix games anymore..

I'm really starting to wonder about that too! I mean, it wouldn't be that hard to do, surely?

More pearls of wisdom:

If winning it means cheating, just give it to them now. Young, and the referees, have twice in just a few days shown me what 'winning' the premier league is really all about. And I can't say I really want it anymore. It's de-valued the comeptition for me. As long as City play to win then stuff it, second is fine now. Second with integrity rathern than Champions with none.

How many of them were crying when Balotelli stamped on Parker's head and then won and scored the winning penalty in time that wouldn't have been given if Parker didn't need treatment from the head stamp? Or when Balotelli got away with 3 different red cards against Arsenal?

Back