• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The midweek/weekend games thread

whos fatter?

• grant holt

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • mark viduka

Votes: 17 89.5%

• Total voters
On paper we have the easier set of fixtures left but they have luck and momentum on their side which I'd prefer over the 1 point tbh. This is exactly why I didn't contribute to that utter joke of a thread laughing at them.

I think that sums it up in a nutshell.

Can I suggest everybody starts taking one for the team?

Back the scum to win at the bookies

What's the worse that can happen?

We finish 3rd and you pay for that to happen...

OR

The scum get 3rd, we are a laughing stock, but are paid compensation

Problem is their odds of a top 3 finish are now shorter than ours. Not much profit to be made there, certainly not enough to cheer me up.

Plus, it does mean that those teams will have to play football, whilst scrapping for the points, so in theory we should be able to pick them apart.

we've been doing well this season, uncharacteristically, against the weaker teams - this is my main cause for optimism going in to the run in . we have to play 3 of the bottom 5 (which seems to be the mini relegation league that has formed) Bolton, Blackburn and QPR - not much use making point predictions as these things never go to plan but i can see us getting enough from our last 11 games to secure 3rd, i honestly can.

Last edited:
There is one of two ways this could go.

Our players stand up, be conted, and play like their fudgein lives depended on it.

Or feel sorry for themselves.

They fudgein choose.

Last season isn't a good precedent then where we totally collapsed after Madrid.

They seem to win at least 5 games in the last minute every season. How many have we won late this season? We've condeded a few late ones too.

It's what fit teams do. And unfit teams concede late goals.

OR

I wouldnt go that far. If we pick up say 22pts from our last 10 games and finish 4th, then so be it and Arsenal will have deserved it 38pts from the last 15 would be a superb finish.
Now if we only won say another 3 games this season, I would class that as a disaster and probably worthy of shame

Unfortunately this. We have to buck the trend. Bar two seasons ago, we traditonally do tend to fade at the end of the season.

Next Wednesday is going to be pivotal. As many have said, most of us had tonight down as a home win (it was just the manner of the win that galls). So for me that doesnt change my end prediction of it going down to GD, which is now level.
Bit a win at Goodison next week and the pendulum will really swing in their favour.

Not sure if we are going to get many more favours this season. QPR,Stoke,Wolves and West Brom are there other away games

arsenal have absolutely capitulated in the last 2 months of the season for the last 2 or 3 years

So much hyperbole in football. There's no place for rational middle ground. We're either good enough to challenge for the title, or guaranteed to finish below our rivals who haven't been in front of us since September, and still aren't. Arsenal will drop points, we will stop dropping points. Fortunes change.

Unfortunately for us, they have a habit of coming good at the end of the season, and we have the polar opposite.

Like two season ago when we beat all the top sides in the space of a few days/weeks culminating in our win at Eastlands?
I know what you are going to say- last season we faded away. Did you see how the Goons went from title challengers to end up seeing City breeze past them and stutter over the line in fourth place, having to qualify for the CL?
If our track record is questionable then so is their's.
They haven't in the past, played well in the big games, when it really matters.

OR

I did that a long time ago. Few days before the game with them (the scum), walked into Paddy Power and tooks odds of 11-2 for us to finish outside the top four.
?ú60 to win ?ú330.Too late for you guys now, after the horse has bolted.
At the time everybody was predicting HOW MANY GOALS WE WOULD WIN BY at the Emirates.
Insurance bet, i saw the fixtures and knew they would get closer to us, i really hope i am wrong and i lose my money.
Honestly thought we would get between 0-2 points from the last three games but was hoping the Goons would only take 6 or 7, meaning we would still have a 4-6 point lead, even on that basis i still saw problems ahead at Sunderland and Chelsea.
I still think we can win at Chelsea, in fact, we must. We have to step up to the plate like Arsenal did against us and kill off Chelsea once and for all.

Nothing wrong with that mate. It's called betting with your head. I stand to collect around 400 if the scum get top four this season.

we don't have to win at chelsea. sure we'd all take a draw right now.

if we beat stoke and they lose at city we'd be 7 points clear with 8 left and us having far easier fixtures.

whatever happens you'd have to think chelsea must beat us to have any chance

Nothing wrong with that mate. It's called betting with your head. I stand to collect around 400 if the scum get top four this season.

At the time i placed the best i thought Chelsea would get it together but wasn't sure if Arsenal would. It now looks like it could be the other way around.
Just hoping Chelsea continue looking impotent and struggle to score goals because ominously,they are keeping clean sheets now.

Nothing would please me more than losing third place to the Goons and snatching it back at the death, followed by them drawing Napoli or Juventus or another difficult team and going out in the qualifiers.
Us being the only London team in the CL would be very sweet.

Like two season ago when we beat all the top sides in the space of a few days/weeks culminating in our win at Eastlands?
I know what you are going to say- last season we faded away. Did you see how the Goons went from title challengers to end up seeing City breeze past them and stutter over the line in fourth place, having to qualify for the CL?
If our track record is questionable then so is their's.
They haven't in the past, played well in the big games, when it really matters.

I can only admire your bullishness but, with the best will in the world, to suggest those cases are representative ... well, I think you'd struggle to sustain that argument.

Let's face it - who here really thought it would be anything less than a point before tonight's game? The fact that they got the winner in the 95th bloody minute just rubbed salt in.....

I'll maintain a positive enough attitude. It'll be all the more satisfying to finish ahead of them having given them a sniff. (Or so I hope)

Having avoided the 'let's all laugh at arsenal' thread in terms of joining in all season, i have decided that i am now about to join in, and join in with style. fudge it.
to dare is to do...let's take 3rd now and rub their fudging noses in it big time, the ****s!

thats 4 games in a row that the scum have come from behind to win the game. Prem league record i think

theyve got the momentum now. I remember back in the 97-98 season when they were miles behind Utd, 11 points i think, and then they went on an unbelievable winning run, 10 or 11 games in a row, and i kept thinking that during that run surely the next game is when it will end but like a machine they kept notching up win after win after win

Now it feels the same. its not just the fact theyve won the last 4 in a row whilst we have fcuked up, its the way they are doing it. Coming from behind, winning late on is just feeding their confidence, they feel invincible. We are the opposite, against Utd and Everton we played well enough to pick up something from those games but ended up with zilch. At this stage of the season that is soul destroying for the players

It will take a monumental effort for us to turn this around. One thing that maybe in our favour is that Arse seemed to have peaked a little early. There are still 10 games to go, we both have similar run ins, if we can find some confidence from somewhere then with the talent we have it should be possible to finish the season strongly.

Stoke next week. Season definer.

Back