• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The London Taxpayers' Stadium Shambles

How about this load of self-serving crap from The West Ham Way blog:

"Moving forward we need better stewarding, more police presence, bans for those West Ham fans involved and for the club to have more of a say in the stadium. I think the club hope that one day the stadium will be handed over to us because the committee and tax payer will see it as being much safer and cost-effective to do so but until then we need to have more control over it.

The media in my opinion should not give the problems the sensationalised headlines that they have been. I have heard talk of war zones and that it looking like a bomb had gone off, which again wasn’t the case. These headlines sell papers but they don’t always paint an entirely accurate picture and had we just focused on the success of the football then perhaps the perpetrators would find the lack of media attention a reason not to risk a future banning order.

The London Stadium has problems – these were inevitable in the early stages of trying to use an athletics stadium as a football ground for one of the most passionate group of supporters in the land. The club, however, are doing all they can within the restrictions they have to solve the problem and this will hopefully lead to the media talking about the success of our on-pitch performances rather than what goes on off it."

It's an excerpt from this account in The Guardian of the latest crowd trouble. Good piece featuring first hand accounts of what it was like in and around the game:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/oct/27/west-ham-fans-view-london-stadium-trouble

My understanding is Chelsea "started it" (like it's the school playground)

And also a few hundred Chelsea fans were held outside by police and only let in at halftime because they were causing trouble (bravado - nothing arrestable) before the game
That's not right! Even West Ham fans on Kumb say that it started with West Ham fans charging towards the away section.

The neanderthals who cause the problem don't give a brick, they may see themselves as "West Ham fans" but they don't care about the football club they just want to be in a warring tribe. I've seen this all happen a Millwall in the past, the decent fans stop going.

Even when we play Arsenal and Chelsea at home, I can't recall many occasions when it kicks off outside the ground bar a few have a go chavs from both sides shouting at each other. The only fixture at WHL that regularly causes trouble is West Ham. Just a coincidence/media conspiracy I guess.

Even when we play Arsenal and Chelsea at home, I can't recall many occasions when it kicks off outside the ground bar a few have a go chavs from both sides shouting at each other. The only fixture at WHL that regularly causes trouble is West Ham. Just a coincidence/media conspiracy I guess.
The Carling cup game a couple of years ago was really tasty - night game etc but running skirmishes down the high road -felt like a throw back.

The thing here, atmosphere is already bad, they are banning fans like there is no tomorrow, left with popcorn crew, clubs dead of any real atmosphere and fans.

Great result if you ask me

The thing here, atmosphere is already bad, they are banning fans like there is no tomorrow, left with popcorn crew, clubs dead of any real atmosphere and fans.

Great result if you ask me

TBH i think ultimately this what Brady and the Dildo brothers want. Polish up the image of the club, the experience, the product for the full sell on value. The gentrification has a a way to go though;)

The bit i can not understand is the lack of comment, condemnation, and penalty from the authorities be it the police, fa or premier league.

This is happening INSIDE the ground and happening at nearly all their home games with no sign of improvemnt or progress.

Usually this is treated as the biggest no no in the modern game.

It is a clusterf*ck by West Ham and the OPLC......so many things not thought thru.

so it continues

West Ham count cost after naming-rights deal for London Stadium collapses
The toxic start to West Ham United’s anchor tenancy of the London Stadium was compounded on Thursday night after it emerged that negotiations with a multinational conglomerate for the naming rights to their new home had collapsed.

One of the country’s leading sponsorship experts also warned that the hooliganism which marred the club’s EFL Cup win over Chelsea would make it even harder to sell those rights, stopping the taxpayer clawing back millions of pounds of public money spent on converting the London 2012 centrepiece into a Premier League ground.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football...ng-cost-of-hooliganism-after-naming-rights-s/

West Ham count the cost ..... later it's .... taxplayer not clawing back cost.

So who would arrange for/profit from naming rights?

The Mahindra Stadium?

Stone me if any fans in the league are gonna hate that its gonna be the pie and mash phalanx

Back