• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The London Taxpayers' Stadium Shambles

is it any different to Spurs fans coming out of the Park Lane at the same time as the away fans, which seems to happen every time I sit there

am i wrong in either statement,

this was initiated by chelsea fans merely leaving the ground?

west ham fans kicked off during a game they were winning?
My understanding is Chelsea "started it" (like it's the school playground)

And also a few hundred Chelsea fans were held outside by police and only let in at halftime because they were causing trouble (bravado - nothing arrestable) before the game

My understanding is Chelsea "started it" (like it's the school playground)

And also a few hundred Chelsea fans were held outside by police and only let in at halftime because they were causing trouble (bravado - nothing arrestable) before the game

fair enough, the limited footage i've seen doesn't show that

I hope they all get refunds

is it any different to Spurs fans coming out of the Park Lane at the same time as the away fans, which seems to happen every time I sit there
Two differences -
Police presence
Not still in the stadium. Concourse is access to the other fans. Leaving a stadium is a flow of people heading out.

The major problem is the insistence by the authorities that the arena should be used as an athletic stadium to meet the "Legacy" criteria. Previous Olympic stadiums have been used for club football and work well (Barcelona: Espanyol and Rome: Lazio and Roma) despite having a running track. The big problem is the temporary stands which West Ham wanted so that they can get bigger crowd, the segregation does not work well in those areas, that along with the lack of forward planning on the "standing issue" and cheap kids seats make certain sections confrontational areas. The much maligned Mr Levy had the right idea remove the running track and install permanent stands as the option they went for was never going to work. The wide open spaces and having a major shopping centre nearby don't help the policing issues either.

fair enough, the limited footage i've seen doesn't show that

I hope they all get refunds

From a ST holder:

"It only kicked off right at the end when the Chelsea fans realised they were gonna lose and started lobbing brick at us, so we politely returned plenty back"

"200/300 old school kettles Chelsea Were prevented getting into stadium apparently who werent allowed in 10 min before kickoff then allowed in at half time"

Ultimately who knows who started it, they are still grown men

Two differences -
Police presence
Not still in the stadium. Concourse is access to the other fans. Leaving a stadium is a flow of people heading out.

I guess what i'm getting at is, it's 2016, football is family entertainment, sets of fans shouldn't need to be segregated to stop them behaving like animals

What do they do in terms of away segregation today? I cant say I know the details. Similar, how is their stewarding different?

The concourses are open all the way around the stadium. For their first games the away fans had to walk through the home fan areas to get to their seats. Yesterday a lot of seats near the away section were left unsold for safety reasons. They were however not unoccupied by the end of the game.

I went to Hambrug vs Bayern a month ago

Beer was served on the way in and in the ground, and was brought to you in your seat (4.20 euros for a big beer)

We sat with a mix of Hamburg and Bayern fans in a section to the side. We had a good chat with them and they were on good form

The view was brilliant and the atmosphere was too. There were two Spurs and two Everton fans in our group and we all said it was the best football experience we had ever had

After the game we had more beers outside in a food area with some Bayern fans and headed back by train (up included in your pride) with a Bayern fan we had met. We also met a Hamburg fan and we went in town and got throughly smashed. We met some other English lads on a stag do in a bar in the Reeperbahn and they could t understand why we were with the "krauts", and how fans of two different sides could drink together

The only time I saw any problems was some wet spam fans on the stairs at the ground singing the payet sing and refusing to move... That was 30 mins into the game and they would have paid about £60 of a ticket in that area

It isn't drink that causes the problems it's simply the tribal attitude and ignorant philosophy of the cavemen who go for the fights

similarly, i've been to all bar one of the NFL games played in the U.K. in the last decade, drink in your seat, no segregation, fans of all teams, no problems

football is family entertainment

Yes and no. Football isn't the same as theatre or panto or cricket or rugby. The passion comes from the tribal loyalties. Take the passion away and it would be sterile. I like the neutral area at Fulham but I'll be honest: the day when there's no bother at all between Spurs fans and Arsenal fans, when both sets of fans are amicable - what a horrendous prospect.

Yes and no. Football isn't the same as theatre or panto or cricket or rugby. The passion comes from the tribal loyalties. Take the passion away and it would be sterile. I like the neutral area at Fulham but I'll be honest: the day when there's no bother at all between Spurs fans and Arsenal fans, when both sets of fans are amicable - what a horrendous prospect.

I have lots of Gooners as relations; lots of ribbing and banter at home and other domestic situations (as well in-depth football talk).
I could never go out and randomly attack a guy wearing a Gooner shirt (as much as the sight of it makes me sick in the gut).
But sitting together sharing some food and drink at a match? Hell no!!

only in some parts of the world, it appears to be different in Germany and the US

it seems to me (based mainly on Jonathan Wilsons bibliography) that eastern european football affiliations were politics based

I feel that perhaps people latch onto a club with such fervour in the U.K. as they want to be part of something bigger and the national mood is generally apathetic, it's a manufactured belonging

the english certainly base an unexplainable importance on locations and I guess it's tied into that

my family moved around a lot when I was a kid, I don't feel a tie to anywhere which may explain my ambivalence to such ideas

Back