• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The London Taxpayers' Stadium Shambles

At least the sight-lines are better than at this college American football game:

HNkxzbL.jpg

Tennessee vs. Virgina Tech at Bristol Motor Speedway (Sept 10, 2016; Attendance, 156,990)

its kinda like when Millwall have been to Wembley in recent times - large numbers of their general support who don't really bother going to most games throughout the season are now there en masse, but unlike Millwall at Wembley these guys have been handed season tickets for peanuts by the club to boost attendance figures and are there for the foreseeable rather than just turning up for a once in a blue moon day out

WHU aren't quite as bad as Millwall, but they are not far off. I don't understand why they have this reputation in the media as great, passionate fans when in reality, they cause trouble even when not playing rivals.

A lot of initials in that thread, so not sure what points they're trying to make.

STBL - BML - TB - BMU ???

Levy insisted that to make the Olympic stadium into a real football ground the running track had to go.

Who knew. Levy knew exactly what he was talking about and was spot on...

Levy knows if somethings to good to be true it usually is. You don't get a 'free stadium' just like that. You pay a price and the trouble they're having is just that.

Heard some ex player (didn't catch who) on the radio saying that he heard all the old fans that were banned from upton park are getting in again this season and that he doesn't feel comfortable taking his son to games. ....After all the talk about making it a family club and attracting kids :(

At least the sight-lines are better than at this college American football game:

HNkxzbL.jpg

Tennessee vs. Virgina Tech at Bristol Motor Speedway (Sept 10, 2016; Attendance, 156,990)

Mmm Tennessee wonder how many were there with blood relatives.They did have 145,000 the month before for raccoon racing

West Ham have asked E20, which owns the club's London Stadium home, to ensure there is a police presence in the ground after recent trouble.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37343996

How about they contribute to the police presence to ensure 'their' fans feel safe in 'their' new stadium rather than asking someone else to do it for them.

I thought maybe, just maybe that something as important as safety would result in them acting on their own accord. Wishful thinking, I know.

What a stunning own goal for Waste Ham this stadium deal is proving to be. You couldn't make it up. It's unbelievable, Jeff.

Just had a most entertaining stroll through the latest KUMB posts. This was was profound:

by Major on Mon Sep 12, 2016 10:09 pm

As i said a few weeks ago in my eyes the club is dead, and in many more peoples eyes it is dying. Its a ****ing shame but Brady has finally got what she wanted get rid of the "ruffians" and get in the city boys and tourists sanitise the club to death and make it a lovely profitable franchise.

I know a lot of the old boys that have given up their ticket like me and they will be followed by many more, as some of you have said, it will kick off very badly over there very soon and then the **** will really hit the fan.

Its bad planning to the extreme to think that the more volatile in our crowd will suddenly become pacifists because you have given them a shiny new athletics stadium, i will do a few aways this year but thats it , the bastards have won.

And then there's these two comments:

by nobby123 on Mon Sep 12, 2016 7:14 pm

Ive been a st holder for years and i do think we have been sold the river by the 2 del boys,we are in a ground that aint fit for football got told my seat will be the same distance from the pitch from where i was in the bml I'm now a lot further away. every thing they have done with the move they haven't thought about us just getting more people in an earning more money,all the trouble over there is not going to get any better id stick all the away support in the top tier like other clubs do,we have got to have the police in there cos the stewards aint got no clue and as tenants we could be kicked out at any time as the council do with housing i do think we have been sold down the river bye the three of them
nobby123
Re: Olympic Stadium Discussion and Questions
by hornsey on Mon Sep 12, 2016 8:07 pm

yep
this place is nothing to get excited about even when all this trouble settles down....
At UP people were all shoulder to shoulder in this 'world class venue' i have to reach out to touch the person next to me (and we stand)
the distance is further away, that green bit is a monstrouserty and theres a ****ing popcorn stand not far behind me.

Back