• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The London Taxpayers' Stadium Shambles

Must be great day off to grab some space and have a picker nick. Fancy watching Higuain playing - Juve are such a cool side.

wet spam, carroll with a brace, luverly sunshine - a reminder to Hodgson and Engerlund on what they missed

Another 3000 seats for the long-sighted
http://www.skysports.com/football/n...t-ham-capacity-at-london-stadium-set-at-57000

Interesting about the full upgrade in capacity being held back due to persistent standing at the recent EL game. Given that (as far as I can tell) most clubs seem to turn a bit of a blind eye to standing in some limited areas, I wonder if the safety bods are going to be particularly strict here given the focus on the 'new' stadium? Although if it is that much of an issue, why approve he increase to 57k?

i think the issue there is that the stands are so shallow that it blocks the vision of those behind to a greater degree than it would at an actual real football stadium

i think the issue there is that the stands are so shallow that it blocks the vision of those behind to a greater degree than it would at an actual real football stadium

Yes, that would make sense.
And reminded me I was talking with some WH fans who had been to the Juventus game. They were saying that some people in their area were very keen to stand, berating other fans for not being "proper" fans because they didn't stand, and kept starting the "Stand up, if you hate <Tottenham/insert name of team> song, to achieve their aim. After a few goes at this, when it was becoming quite annoying, some bright spark started singing "Sit down, if you hate...", which seemed to solve the problem!

When will someone lodge a state aid claim? Can it be anyone or does it have to be another football club?

£700m stadium, with a rent of circa 2m. The rent can barely cover the upkeep and running costs that are all laid on for the tenant. It makes the Goons, ourselves and any other team spending money on Stadia look mugs. Hundreds of millions spent by other teams, wham get a huge competitive advantage thanks to state intervention. Is it any different to the cases in Spain?

CqZQAfpWAAAhfoh.jpg

Is that the Driscoll brothers from Only Fools and Horses

West Ham United have promised that the 56 supporters who were without a seat for the first Premier League game in the Olympic Stadium will be refunded.

Pictures appeared on Twitter during Sunday’s 1-0 win against Bournemouth showing a small seatless area at the very top of the stadium, with a group of season-ticket holders forced to sit on concrete. The ground’s operators, LS185, confirmed that the missing seats had been their responsibility rather than the club’s, who are tenants at the 60,000-capacity venue.

“London Stadium wish to apologise to those West Ham season ticket holders who were unable to sit in their allocated seats for Sunday’s Premier League match against AFC Bournemouth,” said a spokesman. “An error in administration meant that a small number of supporters had to use alternative seats after the issue was recognised by our event stewards. All affected seats will be re-installed as a matter of priority ahead of Thursday’s Europa League match.”

Vice-chairman Karren Brady offered a swift apology to affected ticket-holders on Monday and said that LS185 would be compensating those supporters who were affected.

The new stadium will have a capacity of 60,000 but the current safety certificate is for 57,000 amid concerns over the number of fans who are standing during games.

“We understand the traditions of football and that many supporters like to stand, but the reality is that the licence is for all-seating. Therefore, we urge our supporters to watch the game from their seats,” said joint chairmen David Sullivan and David Gold.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football...d-seatless-supporters-at-the-olympic-stadium/

Back