• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Goon Thread

BBC calling it a “statement win”. A penalty shoot out in a glorified friendly. The Dippers beat City in it last season FFS.

How do people make a living writing that brick?
Just sent the above to my pals
They equalised 11 mins into 8 of added on and won a penalty shoot-out and its a statement win hahahahah

upload_2023-8-7_7-30-13.png

Have to say a I really respect Aaron Ramsdales's efforts to tackle homophobia in football. Good on him.

But the way the media are sucking up to his club after their "statement win," is pathetic. Isn't there some strange correlation between teams winning the Community Shield and going on to win nothing in the season? Well here's hoping.

That "Statement Win" worked for Liverpool last season didn't it.

How fudging odd our media are with this lot, so strange.

That "Statement Win" worked for Liverpool last season didn't it.

How fudging odd our media are with this lot, so strange.

It’s a bit of a guessing game trying to predict how how they will finish as the other big teams will certainly improve but I don’t see their level dropping much. I think they will be in the top 3 and could potentially win it if Emirates Marketing Project have an off year. Other than Emirates Marketing Project, I don’t see any other standout teams that are clearly better than the goons.

It’s a bit of a guessing game trying to predict how how they will finish as the other big teams will certainly improve but I don’t see their level dropping much. I think they will be in the top 3 and could potentially win it if Emirates Marketing Project have an off year. Other than Emirates Marketing Project, I don’t see any other standout teams that are clearly better than the goons.

Im going to contradict something I said a few months back about City, I think there will be a drop off from them, I think they lost key quality from Gunders that has not been replaced, Haaland is a monster but he won't get as many goals next season IMO, but also I don't see Arsenal maintaining a push as much as last year given more to play for, I actually see a really close melting pot of a season TBH. More than maybe people expect

I think Liverpool will be in the conversation again and then the wildcards of Utd and Chelsea. I feel the Geordies may drop off a bit what with CL and I just don’t think they can play to last years level all season again, player for player I think they lack quality compared to the rest at the top.

i also think it will be tight with teams all beating each other. Just can’t see the Goons being as consistent as they were last season, the element of surprise has gone with them now, teams will be ready for them. Can’t see Pool or even Chelsea rolling over for them like they did last season for example.

Arse were miles off City last season in their head to heads and apart from a lucky goal 11 mins into 8 mins of stoppage time they would have lost again yesterday. I don't personally think that they have enough squad depth to win a title. Rice is a good signing, and Timber looked promising but Havertz:D. Surely, Liverpool, Utd Chelsea, Saudi Sportswashing Machine and maybe even us will be stiffer tests for them too this season.

Im going to contradict something I said a few months back about City, I think there will be a drop off from them, I think they lost key quality from Gunders that has not been replaced, Haaland is a monster but he won't get as many goals next season IMO, but also I don't see Arsenal maintaining a push as much as last year given more to play for, I actually see a really close melting pot of a season TBH. More than maybe people expect
City have played in their youth good enough to bridge gaps in the squad
And they will buy more as needed

You have to remember the World Cup made it harder for them, and easier for others
That’s not gonna be an issue this season

Yeh I get that, I just think the top of the league will be a melting pot this year. City are the team to beat no doubt but I don't see a romp, far from.it

I think arsenal will prioritise the league but the extra games will take a toll on players and staff so #2 for them if Emirates Marketing Project doesn't implode. They took a long time to score but they looked in control and comfortable. But it's still a friendly so can't tell too much.

Sent from my SM-S918B using Fapatalk

I think arsenal will prioritise the league but the extra games will take a toll on players and staff so #2 for them if Emirates Marketing Project doesn't implode. They took a long time to score but they looked in control and comfortable. But it's still a friendly so can't tell too much.

Sent from my SM-S918B using Fapatalk

Honestly they would be idiots to prioritize the league (they aren't good enough), they would be much smarter pushing for a cup and retaining a top 4 place.

Back