• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Goon Thread

Burnley didn't exactly spend much of their PL riches, so I guess he mostly had to, but hard to say if that's his limit. It usually is with managers like that, just look at Moyes.

That's why i asked how burnley played when they won the championship. Was it more attacking/free flowing? If so and he had the players he could play that way in the prem.

Let's not suck each others dingdong just yet

Definitely agree. One game. Team that's better than the previous manager got them to, new manager bounce, crowd gets going.

But a slip up, any slip up, is good to see. Still a lot of football left to be played and this team and manager aren't exactly experienced at this kind of thing.

Dyche is a great manager, he gets average players to perform to their best week in week out, it's not sexy football with preening poseurs. I wouldnt want him at Spurs but I bet he gets more out of Everton than Fat Frank.

He is a great manager for that kind of situation. Like for many managers how he would actually do in very different circumstances is an unanswered question.

Best manager Everton could have dreamt of getting. Not a good choice for us imo.

How did burnley play when they won the championship to get promoted under dyche? Was he just forced to play pragmatic football in the prem? Or is that his go to?
Can't say I remember, but they scored 72 goals, joint most in the league, so can't have just sat back and defended.

A few Arse fans on call ins already changing the tune to.. "We're just enjoying the ride etc".
GHod I hope City catch them
I had that yesterday with a proper bell-end Gooner I work with
Has gone from it's ours, we're brilliant, you've never won anything etc to well nobody expected us to win so if we don't its fine !!
He also wouldn't have the fact we've won more european trophies than they have, even after showing him he wouldn't have it

A few Arse fans on call ins already changing the tune to.. "We're just enjoying the ride etc".
GHod I hope City catch them

Not only will City catch them, United will too.

The only reason they are where they are is because they had the most favourable list of opening fixtures in the history of the PL. Wait until the EL kicks back in - they’ll be fudged good and proper then.

They were average lady year; they’re average this year; and Arteta is still David Brent with a Spanish accent.

Dyche is a great manager, he gets average players to perform to their best week in week out, it's not sexy football with preening poseurs. I wouldnt want him at Spurs but I bet he gets more out of Everton than Fat Frank.

Absolootely, always a weird negative bubble around him and managers like him but he has had an excellent career in management so far when you break down that he took Burnley from the Championship to Europe. Thats comparable to if not better than alot of managers who are bizarrely looked as as the next best thing OR have had a leg in the door because of being better players. Same with Howe, people slept on him but you don't take a club up 3 leagues and keep them in the prem without the nouce, patience and ability to keep going and reinvent yourself and your team

Mikel Arteta will "only be satisfied" if his Arsenal side are given two points back for the VAR error that allowed Brentford's equaliser to stand in Saturday's Premier League match.

Referees' body PGMOL has apologised to Arsenal after "human error" was to blame for the incorrect VAR decision.

VAR operator Lee Mason did not draw the guidelines to check for offside on Ivan Toney's equaliser.

"It wasn't human error, it was not understanding your job," said Arteta.

"That's not acceptable, I'm sorry.

"It cost Arsenal two points that are not going to be restored so we are going to have to find those two points somewhere else in the league."

Mikel Arteta will "only be satisfied" if his Arsenal side are given two points back for the VAR error that allowed Brentford's equaliser to stand in Saturday's Premier League match.

Referees' body PGMOL has apologised to Arsenal after "human error" was to blame for the incorrect VAR decision.

VAR operator Lee Mason did not draw the guidelines to check for offside on Ivan Toney's equaliser.

"It wasn't human error, it was not understanding your job," said Arteta.

"That's not acceptable, I'm sorry.

"It cost Arsenal two points that are not going to be restored so we are going to have to find those two points somewhere else in the league."

He really is like listening to a petulant 13 year old in the stadium talking brick. Every team gets screwed over a few times a season. Most also get a few things in their favour a season.

It’s such a stupid thing to say because at some point it will be used against him. I can’t wait for that - it will be another step on the melt down journey.
He’s no doubt hoping to influence future VAR refs/decisions to make up for it. But I’m not so sure it works, not when you are that critical ( with a few exceptions). Let’s hope there’s a referees club where they close ranks and get their payback for one of their own being so maligned. (It’s actually easy to forget, in the enjoyment of watching Legoman lose it, that in this instance it was a bad decision. But hey ho. Let him cry).

GHod I really hope Pep doesn't have another one of his experimental line ups tonight! If Arse win we'll have to avoid the internet for a while

This sort of brick really grinds my gears. The goons really are the kings of the moaners and the media lap it up....poor old Arsenal, everyone's against them!

One of the journo's at that presser should have asked Arteta if they will be giving up the points they won in their game v Liverpool when Saka wasn't ruled offside because he was in a 'VAR blindspot'!

Back