• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The General Transfer Rumours and Speculation Thread

Ozil is probably the more talented of the two, but he does have a tendency to drift out of games and lacks that fight that Sanchez has. I actually have less of a problem when I see him in their lineup when we meet because I know that whichever fullback he is up against is going to find space and time during the match, because he will at some stage not want to track back/switch off defensively. Sanchez on top of having the goals and assists, also has that drive and work ethic which make him truly world class.

Anyways. I just want to say, that I'd be very happy if Poch went out and spent his transfer kitty on bringing in two of the stars that were at St Mary's today. Iheanacho and Mane were both extremely impressive today so I thought it worth just re-iterating how much I rate the pair of them. Probably £40-£50m for the pair, but well worth it in my opinion.

Edit: IIRC Mane has two years left on his contract. Iheanacho a lot less likely to leave a club like Emirates Marketing Project, just stating that I think he looks awesome.

Last edited:
So after yesterday it's clear to me that Poch is a great manager with our first 11/13 but needs some players who can REALLY make a difference from the bench.

Imo, we need:

- a strong forward who is both good in the air and has enough pace to work the channels (imagine if we'd even have had a Welbeck type to run the cahnnels and in behind Chelski's old defenders and pushed them back?)
- an older head in CM to calm the players down when we need to control the tempo (we did do fro a while tbf, but Dembele and Dier didn't completely do this to a consistently good level in the 2nd half imo). Imagine what difference a Cambiasso would have made? He'd probably win a few cheap free-kicks to show them down too
- Some pace/dribbling ability through the middle of CM
- In the air at the back from set-pieces we still seems more vulnerable than we should be imo. That Cahill goal was even predicted by me; I hope CCV is very good in this regard.

Perhaps the above equals Batshuayi, Witsel & Teliemans?
Well we can dream can't we:p

Thoughts?

1-2 players capable of competing for a place in the starting 11 and 1-2 younger players with a lot of talent will be my "baseline" for the summer. Less than that and I will be a bit disappointed. More than that and I will be very happy.

So after yesterday it's clear to me that Poch is a great manager with our first 11/13 but needs some players who can REALLY make a difference from the bench.

Imo, we need:

- a strong forward who is both good in the air and has enough pace to work the channels (imagine if we'd even have had a Welbeck type to run the cahnnels and in behind Chelski's old defenders and pushed them back?)
- an older head in CM to calm the players down when we need to control the tempo (we did do fro a while tbf, but Dembele and Dier didn't completely do this to a consistently good level in the 2nd half imo). Imagine what difference a Cambiasso would have made? He'd probably win a few cheap free-kicks to show them down too
- In the air at the back from set-pieces we still seems more vulnerable than we should be imo. That Cahill goal was even predicted by me; I hope CCV is very good in this regard.

Thoughts?

The concern with Batshuayi is his laziness in pressing. He's quite static vs Kane's mobility. He's got plenty of ability, but I think would need 12 months at Poch boot camp before he'd be performing properly.

Witsel has spent the last decade in 3rd rate leagues and the jump up in level at this stage of his career would possibly be too much. I think there's a danger he would be overwhelmed, like Paulinho was.

Teliemans just reminds me of Blondell or Carroll. He doesn't have the physicality of a Modric or Ardiles.

2CV isn't supposed to be standout in the air. But Wimmer looks strong, and IMO that's the option for the aerial sides.

I maintain that we have to get another capable striker in before the season starts. Imagine if we'd had Son by the very start? Some of those draws could have been wins...it is that period that has probably cost us the title as i believe we've mainly matched Leicester ever since.

Incredible effort from the team when you think about our start really

The concern with Batshuayi is his laziness in pressing. He's quite static vs Kane's mobility. He's got plenty of ability, but I think would need 12 months at Poch boot camp before he'd be performing properly.

Witsel has spent the last decade in 3rd rate leagues and the jump up in level at this stage of his career would possibly be too much. I think there's a danger he would be overwhelmed, like Paulinho was.

Teliemans just reminds me of Blondell or Carroll. He doesn't have the physicality of a Modric or Ardiles.

2CV isn't supposed to be standout in the air. But Wimmer looks strong, and IMO that's the option for the aerial sides.

How do you assert that Batshuayi is lazy in his pressing? Did he not excel for the arch presser Bielsa last season??
Also after receiving Beilsa's tapes Poch has praised him and said he is interested in signing him - how did you come to your conclusion?? I'm genuinely intrigued..

How do you assert that Batshuayi is lazy in his pressing? Did he not excel for the arch presser Bielsa last season??
Also after receiving Beilsa's tapes Poch has praised him and said he is interested in signing him - how did you come to your conclusion?? I'm genuinely intrigued..

I never saw him under Bielsa, but their current system is very turgid and he contributes bugger all when they don't have the ball.

It may just be a motivation issue if he's performed that role under previous coaches - a bit like judging Verts playing for Timmeh?

I never saw him under Bielsa, but their current system is very turgid and he contributes bugger all when they don't have the ball.

It may just be a motivation issue if he's performed that role under previous coaches - a bit like judging Verts playing for Timmeh?

What makes you think their current system is anything like Bielsas? Yeah perhaps you're judging him on the wrong timeframe and under the wrong coach..

What makes you think their current system is anything like Bielsas? Yeah perhaps you're judging him on the wrong timeframe and under the wrong coach..

I've just noticed that all he does is stand on the last CB and do simple lay-offs. I find it hard to believe that's explicit instructions - in nearly all systems you want CFs looking for space and pulling the defenders around.

Imo, we need:

Thoughts?

We can do much better than Welbeck, he simply does not score enough goals as a forward

The Cahill goal had nothing to do with aerial ability, Toby lost his man and the ball ht the floor and bounced just right for him

Dier and Dembele are now a year wiser at this level and I believe ability is the main factor that should govern buying a new central midfield and not experience, but if you have both excellent.

I have no idea who Teliemans is, just a little about Witsel but agree with you on Batshuayi

I've just noticed that all he does is stand on the last CB and do simple lay-offs. I find it hard to believe that's explicit instructions - in nearly all systems you want CFs looking for space and pulling the defenders around.

Poch seems to have seen enough from Bielsa's videos to say he wants him bought. That's good enough for me

I'd be happy with a summer where all our signings are contracts, bar a back-up CF.

I want a quality striker not a "back up".

If there is a gap between Kane and our next striker we will suffer when Kane gets injured eventually, and he may get worn out playing every league and CL match

We also need a player who can play at the same level of Dembele and Dier so when one is unavailable there is not a massive drop off

I am pretty sure he is young enough for Potch to mold him just as he did Lamela

If there is a gap between Kane and our next striker we will suffer when Kane gets injured eventually, and he may get worn out playing every league and CL match

We also need a player who can play at the same level of Dembele and Dier so when one is unavailable there is not a massive drop off

THIS!!!

Every player we buy should be able to put pressure on one of our first XI players, the days when we buy purely squad players has to be over (barring back up GK) players need to be pushed.

I'm a bit unsure about the striker position. Hardly a club around that doesn't have what is essentially a back up to their first choice striker when that striker is at the level of Kane. I think we might be better of signing someone young with potential to become great rather than look to spend huge on someone close to Kane's level (and potentially fail).

Central midfield is interesting. Dembele perhaps not being able to play twice a week (seems likely) makes this an important area to make a good transfer decision in before the CL. If Bentaleb is not being brought back into the fold big time I think we need another player here. We should perhaps also be prepared for Dier possibly having a "difficult 2nd season"... Someone that could do well next to either Dier or Dembele without us having to change things around too much would be ideal. Though who that is I don't know.

Back