• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The European Football Championship

Wasn’t overly impressed when I drew the Swiss in the office sweepstake. But they’ve been the better side. Only watched the last quarter of the match mind. Only criticism is not putting away a second goal on the break.

I have a good time exchanging insults with my Scots relatives when both our sides fail in tournaments, but I feel sorry for team and their fans, they are desperate for a little success. All the Scots I've played football with played their heart out and most had a wee nasty streak.

Well I did tell you, glorious failure, so near, yet not really near at all.
A little torn about Scotland being out, I've had two lovely evenings out in the sunshine with the golf course to myself.
Will be back to normal now with all the covid hackers cluttering up the course.

Being from a Scottish father - Mom's from Belfast - I am naturally inclined to cheer for Scotland. Was hoping they'd stay in the Euros if only to see that PL annoyance John McGinn run his little stumpy legs off. Most fouled player in the tournament and I say that shows good taste amongst the foulers. Don't need him in good shape for the upcoming PL season.

As ever, the Scots fans win the friends wherever they go. Easily the best group of fun-loving fans at any international event. And one of them came up with this banging tune:

With all the blankets used to obscure him while he lay awaiting treatment, I thought he was about to be humanely put down.

It has to be said. By far, the SOFTEST athletes in professional sport are soccer players. Divers, fakers, poseurs.

I'm watching the NHL's Stanley Cup playoffs and guys are taking stitches to close cuts while on the bench and barely missing a shift. The Finals are a blast. Game 7 on Monday. Don't miss it.

With all the blankets used to obscure him while he lay awaiting treatment, I thought he was about to be humanely put down.

It has to be said. By far, the SOFTEST athletes in professional sport are soccer players. Divers, fakers, poseurs.

I'm watching the NHL's Stanley Cup playoffs and guys are taking stitches to close cuts while on the bench and barely missing a shift. The Finals are a blast. Game 7 on Monday. Don't miss it.
After the Eriksen incident I think it's a change for the better.

You do get those "softest athletes around" in football, but most are reasonably tough and many are really tough. Some sports being "soft" means you get weeded out and don't make it (or start in the first place). So more of a mix in football. But I also think people underestimate what footballers go through and the mix of physical demands that are put on most footballers. The majority definitely aren't "soft" by any reasonable standard imo.

Diving isn't because they're soft, it's to get a competitive advantage. Pulling out of duels does happen though and with more players compared to some of the "tougher" sports. Most footballers would happily take stitches and get on with it I think. But there's no temporary substitution, no padding to cover bleeding etc.

I share your views on footballers, they're primadonnas.
But the timing of this comment is not the best one. Do not compare a rolling Neymar to this:
409a567ae537823857fd0b9d8a312507e536f33bbbbfc9093737db973115c0d6.png

He was knocked out for 10 minutes and was lying on the ground unconscious.

I share your views on footballers, they're primadonnas.
But the timing of this comment is not the best one. Do not compare a rolling Neymar to this:
View attachment 17306

He was knocked out for 10 minutes and was lying on the ground unconscious.

You're right about this case, but generally players spend that much time in a league game feinting injury, they are so thick they often clutch the wrong part of their body in their attempts at cheating.

Anyone watching live last night would have seen Varga having what looked like convulsions before his teammates got him into the recovery position and the camera cut away.
It’s quite right that he was shielded and to suggest it was softness is to totally miss what was happening at the time.

Back